Two: Different

Favorite Disturbance

“Cold, isn’t it?” Baekhyun finally spoke to break the silence, they have been walking nowhere for 15 minutes without any voices except those which were made by the people buzzing around them.

Yet Sera didn’t have any plan to talk even a word with Baekhyun, she merely nodded as she clamped her hands together to keep them warm. Baekhyun didn’t even saw her nod since she was walking behind him, but she didn’t care, she had answered, it’s his loss for not noticing it.

Baekhyun merely sighed at the silence, producing a big white puff to the cold air.

“You’re such a very silent person, huh?” He chuckled a bit. “But when you talk, you always shoot some sharp knives right to someone’s heart, am I right?”

“No.”

“That counts as one sharp knife. Ah.” He stopped to clutch his hand on chest. “I think I’m bleeding.”

“What??” Sera moved swiftly to Baekhyun’s side with a worried expression, her eyes were moving fast in front of Baekhyun’s chest, as if checking whether he’s alright or not.

But Baekhyun chuckled again.

“You’re so innocent! May I pinch you?”

Sera’s worried face suddenly turned into the usual stern one, only redder this time. Sera didn’t even know why it became red, she merely assumed that she’s just freezing. Yeah, freezing. Moreover when Baekhyun started moving to take his coat off.

“Why don’t you wear any outer? Do you think our crappy uniform is enough to protect you from the coldness? It , I wish our school would start using Ivy Club’s uniforms soon, it’s really nice.” He talked as he handed his coat to Sera. “Here, use mine, I’m an athlete, cold doesn’t really bother me.”

Instead of taking it, Sera merely glued her eyes on the brown coat which was still in Baekhyun’s hand.

“Yah, does your brain stops working when it’s cold? You’ve been acting slowly, as if you’re buffering.” Baekhyun frowned, he swiftly put his coat on her shoulders and held her hand to walk again.

“Why are you holding my hand?”

“You’re slow. Are you a snail in your past life?”

“Are you a mosquito in your past life?” Sera replied.

“Why? Do I look like someone who would your blood anytime? I know, my canines are amazing.” He smiled proudly, supposedly showing off his sharp canines, Sera merely rolled her eyes at it.

“Scratch it, I think you’re a donkey in your past life.”

“Pardon me?”

“You’re so dumb, I can’t stand it.” Sera said as she released her hand from Baekhyun’s grip. “Where are we going, actually? Are you disoriented or what?”

“We’re here. Come on.” Baekhyun grabbed her hand again easily to pull her into a milk cafe.

 

Once they entered the wooden place, they immediately welcomed by squealing voices, making Sera rolled her eyes in disbelief.

“Oh, God. Even in a milk cafe??”

“What?”

“Your so-called fans!!”

Baekhyun merely smiled cheekily, “Captain Byun’s market share is not limited only at our school, Miss Han. It’s every~~where.” He stretched his hands out and turned in a circle, as if referring the ‘everywhere’ to the squealing girls. “Hi, everyone, enjoy your night milk.”

And there they were, screaming so loudly, making Baekhyun smiled proudly before pulling Sera again to the nearest table. Sera was sure she could hear hateful whispers when he started holding her hand, like, “Geez, who the hell is that? Why is she touching him??” I’m sorry?? He’s the one who touches me a lot!!

 

“Okay, what do you want for tonight? My favorite is Hot Mocha Milk, if you love caffeine, it is recommended.” Baekhyun said without even looking at the menu the waiter had just given, his eyes were sparkling like a deer, yet he really looks like a puppy as well, it’s weird.

“I’ll go with Hot Plain Milk.” Sera said, not even considering Baekhyun’s recommendation.

“Okay~ One Mocca and Plain. Anddd Choco Lava cake! Make it two.”

“What? I’m not eating, I’m on diet.”

Baekhyun stopped to scrutinize, his eyebrows were knitted and his face was dead serious. If Sera had to be honest, Baekhyun looks... hot with that expression.

Oh, no. No, how can this annoying soccer boy be hot? No, never. I’m just tired, I’m just hallucinating.

“You’re as thin as a golf stick, and you just said you’re on diet? Are you out of mind?”

“Um, can I take your order now?” The waiter interrupted.

“Yes, Mocha and Plain, plus two Choco Lava.”

“One!”

“Two, I’ll pay for your Choco Lava.”

“What the hell.”

Sera merely crossed her arm and plopped herself to the sofa properly, it was the only thing that could console her that night since it was really comfortable. The guy in front of her is so annoying to the level where she wanted to kick his face. They just knew each other hours ago yet he had crossed the line easily with prohibiting her doing the diet. She just really want to kick him on the face, that’s all.

Meanwhile, on the different side, Byun Baekhyun started to enjoy the time spent with Han Sera. Sera is indeed a cold girl who loves to nag, but Baekhyun was sure that Sera has the opposite side in her as well. He also didn’t know why he thinks like that, he was just that sure.

“What??”

Ah, that.

That moment when Baekhyun joked that his heart was bleeding, the cold girl immediately transformed to a mere innocent girl with a very warm and caring heart. That’s why Baekhyun thinks that Sera would gradually change, someday, and he’s gonna be the one who cause that change.

Baekhyun was too drowned in his thoughts about warm-hearted Sera when the hot glass touched his very skin.

“Ouch, hot.”

“That’s the detention for looking at a stranger, which is a girl, with a ert smile, for a full ten minutes.” Sera finally spoke again with a vicious tone.

“I did?” Baekhyun said with a dumbfounded expression, his palm was busy rubbing his burning arm.

“No, the cows did.”

“They have cows here??”

“Forget it.” Sera surrendered as she started stirring her milk. “It’s so tiring talking to you.”

Baekhyun merely smiled, “You know what? I always love how you react to me.”

“Stop talking to me.”

“I won’t~”

Sera hated the cheeky smile that he often showed, so much.

But the camera’s shutter sound was more disturbing than everything. Baekhyun’s so-called fans kept on capturing Baekhyun for his every move, she bet that even when Baekhyun picked his nose, they would still capture and share it to each other.

Sera finally took a cloth and threw it right to Baekhyun’s face, really precisely so that it landed well enough to cover his face. She immediately heard fussing sounds from behind, it was full with anger and disbelief. But she didn’t care.

“Hmm? Coldy? What’s happened?”

“They should stop taking pictures of you. It bothers me.” Sera sighed, “And what did you call me again?”

“Ah, you’re being protective~ so cute~”

Even when his face was covered, she still could imagine that cheeky smile of him in her mind.

“What did you call me again?” She asked her unanswered question once again, trying to wipe his annoying cheeky smile from her mind.

“Coldy. Do you like it?” Baekhyun answered, the cloth was still covering his face, and it seemed like he didn’t have any intention to take it off of his face.

“No, and you don’t have any rights to give me nicknames like that.”

“Who has that right, then?”

“My family,” Sera paused for a while for a dramatic effect, “and Jihoon.”

Baekhyun immediately took the cloth off of his face, “He’s your boyfriend, right??”

Instead of answering, Sera merely gulped her last drop of milk and stood up after taking her math book.

“Good night.”

“Yah! Coldy! Answer me!”

But Sera had promised to herself not to talk to Baekhyun again after leaving him, hopefully until forever.

 

---

“Did you hear about that?” A girl snapped right when she landed on her seat, drawing attention from almost a half of the class.

“About what?” Jihoon turned his head and retorted, yet eyes still fixed on his Nintendo DS.

“Your girlfriend!”

Jihoon suddenly stopped doing his recent activity to take a look at the gossip girl who seemed annoyed a lot.

“Sera?”

“Oooh,” Another boy interrupted in all of a sudden as he tap Jihoon’s shoulder, “that genius-head is really your girlfriend, eh?”

Jihoon merely brushed the boy’s hand off his shoulder, nodding his head at the gossip girl to continue her story.

“Someone told me that she went out with Byun Baekhyun last night! The person sent me the proof picture as well!”

This. This is what Jihoon hate the most about those gossip girls. So what if Sera went out with Baekhyun at night? So what if Sera brushed her shoulder with Baekhyun accidentally? So what if Baekhyun gave her math book back? So what if they interact a lot the day before? Sera hadn’t had a boyfriend since she was born, Jihoon thought that the idea of Sera going out with Baekhyun was such a very good news. Even though it sadden him a bit –thinking about Sera who would spend more of her time with her boyfriend that him was so saddening, but Jihoon would still congratulate his best friend.

So Jihoon stood up and said to the gossip girls and everyone who was paying attention,

“So what? You’re mad because you can’t go out with him but Sera can, right?”

And when the rest of the class except the gossip girls was giving him a round of applause, Sera came in.

“What’s with the fuss? Where’s Mrs. Lee? I thought the test had been started.” Sera asked to anyone who would like to answer as she put her bag on her seat.

“Mrs. Lee can’t come today, the test is postponed to next week.”

“Heck, should I have known, I wouldn’t have gone with that cheeky bastard last night.” Sera sighed heavily, massaging her forehead as if she regretted what has happened last night.

“You really went out with Baekhyun?” Jihoon asked.

“Eh?” Sera finally put her attention at everyone, and they’re all… frowning? Some of them were looking at her with curiosity. “How can you know?”

Heol, do you forget that there are so many girls out there following his activity?” One of the gossip girl snapped, which reminded Sera of the fans at the milk café.

“I swear I’d never involve him in my life anymore.” Sera hissed. “Come on, Jihoon.”

She went out of the class dragging Jihoon who seemed helpless, because annoyed Sera is scarier than everything.

 

“How can you went out with him?” Jihoon asked as he chew his chocolate-filled bread.

They were in their favourite spot of the school, the third floor’s balcony, it was belonged to the old teacher room which had been turned into a warehouse, so none ever pass the place since then. Despite the dark and cold abandoned room, the view from the balcony was green and nice, that’s why they love being there. Sometimes Taeyong would join them as well, but Taeyong was busy with university entrance exam in those recent days.

“Well,” Sera said after gulping her orange juice. “It’s not that I was going out with him, though. He made me went out with him.”

“Made? How can?”

“He had my Math book. Then he used it to ask me out.”

“He asked you out??” Jihoon said in enthusiasm before laughing out loud.

“Yah!” Sera immediately hit his head without any hesitation, “What’s with that laugh??”

“I’m sorry but did you just say that the famous Byun Baekhyun asked you out?”

“What the heck, do you believe that cheeky bastard more than me now? Are you one of those gossip girls now?”

Jihoon tried his hard to stop giggling as he answered Sera, “No, no, I’m sorry, ma’am. I believe you.”

“You’re not gonna have any free dinner at my house for a couple of weeks, Song Jihoon.”

“Noooo! No, please, I’m sorry!”

While Jihoon was busy apologizing to Sera, Sera’s focus was stolen by a suspicious movement in the abandoned room.

“Song Jihoon, ssst.” Sera tried to hush Jihoon, yet Jihoon’s cry was louder than anything, so that the movement started becoming more obvious. “Someone’s there!”

“What?”

“Look!” Sera pointed at a figure who was sitting on the floor, seemed like the person had just awaken from his or her sleep on the floor.

And when the figure got up to walk closer to them, Sera swore that she was going to scream her fear out loud.

Yet it turned out yet the figure was just,

“Byun Baekhyun.”

“Who the heck cried out loud so uglily?” Baekhyun said as he rubbed his eyes and stretched his body.

“Me.” Jihoon answered, he looked so dumbfounded.

“Oh?” Baekhyun laughed a bit when he saw Jihoon. “Song Jihoon! I’m sorry, what makes you cry like that, eh?”

Sera merely rolled her eyes, taking another gulp of her orange juice which drew Baekhyun’s attention.

“Hello, Coldy!”

Jihoon tilted his head, “Coldy?”

“What the heck, I told you not to give me any nicknames!”

“Hey, that name suits you!”

“You like it, right?” Baekhyun said, giving Jihoon a high-five, Sera could only give Jihoon a sharp stare. Jihoon merely shrugged as he mouthed another apology.

“I thought I’m the only one who like this place.” Baekhyun said as he sat between Jihoon and Sera, “So we have the same interest~”

Jihoon was waiting for Sera to give any respond to Baekhyun’s words, but none came, so that Jihoon asked, “Were you talking to me?”

Baekhyun chuckled as he threw his arms around Jihoon’s shoulder, “Yes, buddy, yes. I see that you like greens too?”

Jihoon merely laughed back, “Yes, yes, greens are good. I’m tired of seeing a cold girl in front of me everyday.”

“Oh, a cold girl? Is she beside me right now? Because it became really cold all of a sudden, urgh.”

Sera exhaled heavily as she stood up, “I’ll give the two of you a privacy.”

“Stay here.”

Baekhyun said sternly.

And Sera swore, that was her first time feeling so jittery after hearing Baekhyun’s voice. It was imperious and it gave Sera goosebumps. It’s weird that Sera nodded at the command, it’s really weird that Sera’s heart was beating faster than usual.