Not far but not close enough [Sequel 1/2]

Afar

“Dude, you seriously gonna wearing that?” Dongwoo had a disbelieved eyes. He looked at the boy up and down. The said boy just looked at his image from the mirror. Looking satisfied. Dongwoo widen his eyes at Hoya. Pointing at the boy. Asking Hoya to say something.

 

“What, it looks okay to me” Hoya perks his eyebrows.

 

“There’s a ing hole on his shirt! A big one too” Dongwoo pointing at him. Sungyeol peeked at Hoya from the mirror. Not a word.

 

“It’s from the shirt’s label. Must be torn when he try to get that out. You know he hates that.” Hoya just stare at the loose grey shirt. With a big hole at the collar area.

 

“It’s itchy” Sungyeol scratched his nape a bit. It’s still uncomfortable to him. “And I’ve wear this before with you. So what’s the big deal?”

 

“What’s the big deal? The hole’s getting bigger.  Plus, you’re not hanging out with us” Sungyeol didn’t know Dongwoo care for his image this much.

 

“Hey, do you like this shirt?” Hoya walked to the edge of the room. Searching for something.

 

“Hmm? I don’t know. I like it but not on the favourite list”

 

“Then, this will do” Hoya grabbed a scissors and cut the edge of Sungyeol’s collar off. Dongwoo shrieked from the sharp scissors that scrapped along Sungyeol’s collarbone. Almost off his shoulder.

 

“Whoa, Hoya. Much better. I can feel the air.” He giggled and gives him a thumbs up.

 

Dongwoo just face-palmed. But he can’t deny it suits the ripped skinny jeans. Hoya put his arm around his shoulder. A satisfied smile looking at his artwork. He just laughed when he heard from Dongwoo “You’re ruining the brand”

 

*

*

*

*

*

 

He’s walking towards the boy that keep his hand in the pocket. Looking at his left and right. Sungyeol sighed. Why he have to do this? But he have to keep living. He shivered when remembering the last two days’ tragedy. He almost losing his lives when Myungso flying his high kick towards him. His injury had long cured but damn, this kid sure hard to knock down. No matter how much he strive to land a single punch on him, Myungsoo could get away from it easily. Dongwoo, Hoya and him had a disbelieved eyes when Myungsoo first dodge his fist. At last he’s surrender under him. At last Myungsoo succeeds in bringing Sungyeol out with him.

 

He really goes against it. There’s no point going out just for eating dinner while he almost every other day eating at Myungsoo’s house. Usually he will eat at Dongwoo’s house together with Hoya, but since that day he collapsed for a whole day, Dongwoo being the worried mother forced him to just eat at Myungsoo’s if he cannot attend Sungyeol. And damn, Woohyun’s cooking is a real killer. Woohyun the Sunggyu’s other half. So what’s the point?

 

He stopped when their eyes met. Okay, just let him die. He can’t stand those sparkling eyes. With those sparkling and shining aura. He turned to leave the Seoul’s city. His body leaned sideways when a hand grabbed his arm. He rolled his eyes.

 

“Why’re you running? You’re already here. Let’s go” He just looked at the creature in front of him. Not really want to go actually. But his damn leg just follow the other when he leads them somewhere.

 

Then he heard a loud of ‘back’ ringtone coming from Myungsoo’s jeans pocket. They stopped when he pick it up. It’s from Sunggyu. “Yeah Hyung?”

 

Sungyeol noticed Myungsoo’s money also coming out form his jeans. So he squat down to reach it. Myungsoo on the other hand just stare at him curiously. He looked up when he heard Myungsoo coughed and looked away. He frown but hand the money anyway.

 

“Did you choose your shirt today?” Myungsoo peek from his sides. Sungyeol just realized his shirt almost falling from his shoulder and put it back to its original place.

 

“Yeah. Dongwoo just detest this shirt too much. Before it had a hole on the back because I pulled the brand label too harsh. So Hoya adjust it by scissors it off.” He giggled.

 

“Owhh… But don’t you think it’s too… you know”

 

“Why? Is it ugly?” He asked him innocently.

 

“No, no. You looked gorgeous. But… I could… see your s.” Myungsoo looked away timidly.

 

Sungyeol automatically self-hugged. His eyes judging Myungsoo. “I know I shouldn’t care much about this. We’re guys after all. But somehow I have to with you.”

 

“Well, it’s your fault for wearing those provoking shirt. Always dangerously falling off your shoulder”

 

“It’s just a ing plain loose shirt! It’s provoking if I’m not wearing anything”

 

Myungsoo silenced. Sungyeol swear he saw him gulped down after glancing all his body up and down. He whacked his head abruptly. “What are you thinking stupid?”

 

“Uhh… Nothing” He rubbed his head slowly. Looking dejected. Sungeol noticed that. So it’s his fault now?

 

“Come on. I’m hungry” he walked first. He then stopped when there’s no presence of the other. Myungsoo’s still there. He huffed. Looking at the poor kitten. Still rubbed his head and looking down. Sungyeol’s still standing there. Not planning to do anything. A minute passed. He groaned.

 

“Hey, let’s grab some sushi. I’m craving for it since last week” Sungyeol grabbed his hand and pulled it to a Sushi Bar. Myungsoo’s shocked but follow him though. A smile creeping his face when looking down at their entangled hands.

 

He rolled his eyes at the happy kitty beside him. Since when he got a pet? He grabbed 2 plates in front of him and starts munching. A happy smile colour his slightly bruised face. He twitched when the cut on his lips stretched.

 

“So, what are you doing today?” He’s routine of asking Myungsoo’s daily life never ends. It just slipped out from his mouth. Naturally. And if he don’t saw him that day, he will text or call him.

 

“Not much. But a girl had asked me to join the photography club. It’s still new, so they want to recruit some members.”

 

“Owh…” He chewed hardly. “Are you considering it?”

 

“I don’t know. I have some interest but club activities takes much time and it’s annoying. And I can’t spend more with you too.”

 

“Whoa, why put the blame on me?” he asked. Feeling ridiculously.

 

“I’m not idiot. It’s the truth.”

 

He looked at him judgingly. “Okay. But I’m not giving that time to you. I have some things to do too you know.”

 

“What? Things like beating up some kids?” Myungsoo paused his muching. Looking at his side.

 

Sungyeol just shrugged. “Depends”

 

Annoyed. Myungsoo reach out his hand. Pinching his bruised cheek. “Oww-oww!!! It hurts stupid!” Sungyeol struggle and tried to push his hand away. But it’s so firm grasping his full cheek. “Myungsoo… Let go.” He’s widen his eyes. Trying to threaten the boy. Failed. “Myungieee…..” he whined. Succeeds.

 

Myungsoo’s shocked. It’s the first time. “What a cute name… Yeollie” He chuckle. The hand’s now landing at his head. Patting it lovingly. He giggle more when he saw that pout. “Hurts?”

*

*

*

*

*

 

They’re now just strolling along the streets. Sometimes looking at the shops. His eyes spotted on one figure from the toy’s store. He squeals excitedly. “Anpanman!”

 

“Huh?” Myungsoo let the shoes on his hand down and walking closer to Sungyeol.

 

“Myungsoo, look. Anpanman!” he’s pointing at the said toys. A sparkle coming out from the choding boy’s eyes. His hearts tingling looking at the boy. Too cute.

 

Myungsoo looked at the store’s door. “But, it’s closed”

 

A dejected Sungyeol whined loudly. He looks at Myungsoo with his puppy eyes. He wants that. “Anpanman…” he spoke disappointedly.

 

“Tomorrow kay?” he put his palm on the taller boy’s head. He smiled a little when the boy nodded slowly. There’s still a pout though.

 

Sungyeol looking at the toys for the last time while Myungsoo’s dragging his hand away. But then he seen something. Or rather someone from the dark road. Someone he really detest. His eyes widen when their eyes met but the said person just turned and walked away. He clenched his fist. Tried to control his anger.

 

Myungsoo that noticed it turned. He looked at the flaming Sungyeol. “Why? We can go there tomorrow you know”

 

“Nothing. Let’s just forget the stupid toy” he just walked past him and heading to bus stop. Myungsoo followed him silently. He frowned. What’s the problem?

*

*

*

*

*

 

“I don’t really know the real problem. He stayed with me last night. So Hoya decides he would come too. But he’s playing DOTA all nights. He’s still playing when we woke up.” Dongwoo whispered at Myungsoo. Hoya just silenced. Explaining why they’re dropping by at the infirmary during lunch. Both looking down at the exhausted boy who’s sleeping soundly.

 

“Did you do something?” Hoya crossed his arm.

 

“No. I didn’t do anything… yet” Myungsoo realized Sungyeol’s differences last night. He’s so quiet when he walked him home. He also didn’t know he’s out and stay with Dongwoo. He’s sure it’s not because he cannot get his toy.

 

Dongwoo rolled his eyes. He then peek at Hoya. “Maybe it’s because of them.”

 

“Them? Who?” Myungsoo asked curiously. Okay, this is new to him.

 

They looked at each other. Dongwoo put his hand at Myungsoo’s back. Patted lightly. “Maybe you should asked him yourself.” Dongwoo and Hoya exited the infirmary. Leave him with the sleeping beauty. He looked down. Reaching the end of the sleeping’s bangs. Swipe it sideways. Okay, do he have to spar again with him to get him speak about this?

 

Sungyeol then moved. He stirred for a while before he opened his eyes. He noticed there’s a human beside his bed so he looked up.

 

“Yo” he yawned.

 

“Good morning princess. You’re awake before I could kiss you”

 

“Ewwww. I’m glad I’m awake now.” He pushed his body up. Still sleepy but he’s hungry. A lunch break almost over.

 

He hand him a melon bread. “I bring you this” Sungyeol quickly grabbed it, ripped the wrapper off and shoved half of it in his mouth.

 

“Thanks man. I’m hungry to death” he spoke with a full mouth.

 

Myungsoo silently wiped some cream off his mouth corner and it. Sungyeol squeaks in disgust. “So, tell me.” Myungsoo’s now sitting beside him.

 

“What?” He shoved another half to his mouth. Tossed the wrapper to the bin. He missed it.

 

“Why’re you so upset. I know it’s not because of the Anpanman” he planned to pick the wrapper back and throw it away properly but he stay.

 

“Well…” he stand up. Reaching the wrapper back and throw it in the bin. “I don’t know. I guess I get hungry back last night but I don’t bring much money” he pushed the door open with his leg. Leaving Myungsoo dumbfounded.