From afar

Afar

"Dude, you really know how to piss off others!!!" he crash the other's face with his fist. A wide smile creep from his lips. The adrenaline that rushing in his body make him forget his own injuries. His lifeless opponent may not see the world tomorrow if someone had not grabbed his back and throw him away. He want to fight back the man that interrupt his fun.

 

“Ya, Idiot!!! Do you want to go to jail?” An angry Hoya stood in front of him. He rolled his eyes. Then a Dongwoo run desperately towards them. Before he could say something a loud whack can be heard.

 

“Did you just whack my head with you shoes?” he groaned. “It hurts stupid!”

 

“Now you feel the hurt humph Sungyeol? What about your ribs?” Hoya poked his side. He groaned loudly.

 

“What the heck! Am I being stabbed or something?” he feel his side. A lot of blood coming out. He panicked and reach Dongwoo’s shirt. “Dongwooooo,,, am I gonna die?” suddenly he become a whined kid.

 

Both rolled their eyes. “Let’s go Yeol. Before you die from loss of bloods.” Hoya grabbed his arm and put it behind his back. Dongwoo reached the other.

 

“Hey, how about the other kids?” Dongwoo being the kind person of him ask.

 

“I already let the senior knows. Before they arrive we should go. It’s their fault to mess with us. And five versus one, with a knife too,,, they’re too much”

 

“Why bother let the senior knows? Just let them die. Dare to with me.”

 

Dongwoo backhand his head once. “Haishh, how can a monster and a kid live in one body?”

 

“Hyung, could you be a little nicer? I’m a hurt person” Sungyeol whined. Dongwoo just shake his head. They throw him in Hoya’s car and go to hospital nearby. As a result, a 15 stiches he got. Luckily the wound are not too deep. So all his organs were safe and sound. But maybe his brain that they can do nothing.

*

*

*

*

He try to bribe Hoya to let Dongwoo let him skip school the rest of the day. But Hoya seems to love Dongwoo more and being dragged by them at last. It’s ing 2 p.m. and school ended at 3 p.m. The rest of the students try not to pry the bruised Sungyeol at the back. With his leg on the table. He tried to keep his composure. Not to launch an attack. Hoya and Dongwoo in front of him just ignore the sick person and focus on whatever the teacher babbling. He’s bored. The door on his left is too near and calling him to just get out from here.

 

Then he turn right. A bright shine from the window flow in. The person who’s near the window not bother to close it. Well, of course. That person is sleeping with his head on the table. Too peaceful with that bright shine. Does he not feel the hot sun burning his black hair and black shirt?

 

His eyes then being caught by a person beside him. He perks his eyebrows. Asking. Sungyeol then wiggle his finger towards the person sitting beside the sleeping person. Calling him to come. His face is stern. He stand up. A whole class silent and waiting for his move. The teacher also hold on his breath.

 

“Saem, I don’t feel well. Sungjong will accompany me to infirmary” with that he walked out with Sungjong following him from behind. The whole class praying Sungjong would not be back with purple bruise on his porcelain face. The Yadong couple just look at each other and rolled their eyes. Hoya raised his hand. Asked the teacher to continue.

 

They go towards the rooftops. There’s a nice spot that could shade them from the burning heat.

 

“There’s an important chemistry note!”

 

“Well, you can go back and get to continue. But I will add something onto your face first.”

 

Sungjong huffed. He sit on the hard floor. His back land on the white wall. Sungyeol joined him. “What’s for today?”

 

“I don’t know. From the morning maybe?”

 

“He ate an apple and soju before class. He almost tripped and bang to a traffic light when he rushed this morning.”

 

“Ahaha, what a combination with an apple. He must make a weird face when he realized there’s a traffic light in front of him” Sungyeol giggle.

 

“Yeah, you know when he squint his eyes and glares toward the traffic light, as if it the other’s fault for being there. I laugh crazily.”

 

“Dummy”

 

“Yeah. I have to drag him before he starts argue with that thing. Then at break he spilled his lunch over a girl. Then that girl though he’s hitting on her. Oh, please” Sungjong rolled his eyes.

 

“Owh… I bet she will wait for him after school”

 

“Yeah, I think so” he looked at the person beside him. A clear purple bruise colour his milky face. It’s still new he know. He also noticed Sungyeol changed his shirt from this morning. He poked his side.

 

“Aughhh!!! It hurts idiot!! If you’re just anyone I could throw you to down there you know!”  Sungyeol then heard Sungjong giggle. He huffed. “Why does everyone love to poke my injury?”

 

“It’s for fun” He got a glare. “But you know, why did you do this? And why did I have to do this? Am I your stalking device?”

 

“I’m not stalking anyone you . It’s just a....  you know what.” He shrugged.

 

“Okay, but you act like you’re in lo..umphhh” his word got cut by Sungyeol’s hand.

 

“I’m not!” Sungyeol then walked toward the door.

 

“Hey, you owed me a chemistry notes!!!”

*

*

*

*

*

He reached his bag from the empty class. That boy are still there. Sleeping. He walked closer. He don’t know why he does that. His eyes trail down at the other’s face. The he caught something on his neck. It’s not clear, but there’s a bitemarks there. And there’s a soft red marks near there. He don’t know why. But he hate this. Hate him. Hate himself for always want to know about him. He huffed loudly and whacked the other’s head with his bag. Before the other could do anything he turned and leave.

 

He walked out from school. And people around him stare and whisper among them. He don’t really care. But seeing it annoys him to death. So he reached a boy near him and throw him down. The poor boy are probably questioning what he did wrong.

 

A Dongwoo reached his shoulder and cling to him. Asking him to wait for Hoya together. He huffed but follow him silently towards the nearby café. An Americano is waiting for him. And Dongwoo will pay. So it’s no big deal.

 

“How about you ribs?”

 

He shrugged. “It hurts like hell. But I can handle it. And I got my medicine already” he showed him his drinks.

 

“It’s supposed to be a painkiller, not Americano you ”

 

He showed him his rarely childish grin and his drinks happily. But then his smile died when he saw someone pass by them.

 

The boy he whacked before in class. Walking with a girl. Must be the girl from before. A fumes rises to his head. The boy maybe feel a glare towards him and turned. Their eyes met. He stopped. Sungyeol ignore Dongwoo’s babbling. That boy also ignore the girl that asking him why he stopped.

 

A different heat rise up his face. His stomach feels weird. But he doesn’t stop staring him. Until he realize his heartbeat beating a different rhyme. He must be really sick. So he stand up and turned.

 

“I feel sick!!!” he said out loud. Making everyone surprised. Dongwoo blinks dumbly. Sungyeol just walked away. He tilted his head and reach his heart. “Am I really sick?” he whisper to himself.

*

*

*

*

He punched the last person on the face. He did badly this time. Bloods trailing down his face making his vision blur. But that’s the last. He huffed hard. Breathing seems hard with his opened wound. He finally collapsed on the green field. All the pain gushed to his body at once.

 

Then a drop of water hit his face. He looked up. The heavy cloud pour their insides. Hitting all his injured body. Washed all his blood. What a good day to die. He closed his eyes. Waiting. 

 

Then he felt his face no longer being hit by the rain. He looked up and saw an umbrella placed nicely to cover his upper body. He heard a footstep walked away from him. Maybe a little nice person doesn’t want him to die accompanying with rain. He feels sleepy. His eyelids feels heavy and he doesn’t want to know why.

*

*

*

*

There’s a nice smell surrounded him. A warm air. A loud noise of someone bickering. He frowned. It doesn’t feel like his house at all. Neither Dongwoo’s nor Hoya’s. He opened his eyes slowly. A soft blue ceiling waiving at him. Again he frowned hard.

 

“Oh, you’re awake” A guy with no eye peeked from the door. He turned. Urghh, he feels like a truck had hit him.

 

“Really Sunggyu Hyung?” then a loud thud running towards him. He stopped at the door. The guy that he whacked at the head.

 

He walked timidly towards him. He looked like an afraid kitten. Now he know what Sungjong means when he looked afraid but brace himself. He laugh silently. But it hurts and he cough from it.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“I’m not”

 

“O-okay. Do you want something? Painkiller maybe?”

 

“Americano”

 

“Wha-what? Urmm, but your stomach is empty. It will be bad”

 

“A couple of hours without food won’t hurt me.”

 

“But you collapse for a whole day”

 

“What?” He sit up abruptly. Then he collapse back and lastly stand his body weight on his left elbow.

 

“Don’t worry. We already let your friends and teachers know.” The person with no eyes said. Sungyeol looks at him sternly. He had his guard up.

 

“He’s my brother. He’s the one that treated you. We brought you here since Dongwoo said there’s no one at your home.” So he’s the one that shade him from rain. Maybe he call for his brother to save him.

 

“Yeah, you’re so heavy you know.” He commented and walked away.

 

Then there’s silent in the room. Sungyeol fall back on the soft mattress. “So I won’t get my Americano?” he eyed him questionably.

 

A soft smile creeping that boy’s face. “You will. But not now.”

 

“But I want it now” he pouted. The boy shocked and ruffled his hair. That boy ing ruffled his hair.

 

“Later kay? After you eat something”

 

“Myungsoooooo, get your down here!!!”

 

“Looks like Gyu Hyung had reheat the soup for you. I’ll bring it up for you kay?”

 

He’s been left dumbfounded. There’s no one. No one dare to touch his hair except for Dongwoo and Hoya. Doesn’t he feel any fear when near him? He saw a guy wet his pants when he glare. Ahhh, maybe the player inside him acted out. He relaxed his body and sit on the bed. He reached his Samsung and dialed a number.

 

“Hye, there” he quiet for a while and then laughed softly. Listening Dongwoo whined and crying over him.

 

“Hey, hey, I’m not dead yet…..

..yeah, yeah, I know. I’m sorry…..

..don’t cry pabo….

..Oh, hye Hoya……

..Yeah, I’m okay. It still hurts but I’m okay……

..How about them?...........

..Really? Haha, serve them right……

..Hey, I’m not at fault. They start it first……..

..Okay, my fault. I’m a bit distracted so I rant at them…..

..what am I thinking? Urm, nothing…….

..really. It’s nothing. You don’t have to worry…….

..Okay, okay. I’ll take care of myself…….

..Really. Haishh, are you substituting Dongwoo now?......

..Okay, okay. I’m sorry. I’ll take care of myself Hoya omma….

..Ahaha, okay, okay. Bye…….

..yeah, see you guys tomorrow.”

 

He heard someone coughed. Myungsoo comes in with a tray. He sit on the bed’s edge. Slowly huffed the soup on the spoon before bring it closer to his mouth. Does he want to feed him?

 

“I’m not a kid. I can feed myself” he try to reach the spoon but fail when he bring it away. He frowned.

 

“You’re hurt”

 

“My hand functioned perfectly”

 

“Why are you so stubborn?”

 

“If I’m not stubborn I’ll be dead by now.”

 

He frowned again. “But you’re safe now. I’ll never hurt you”

 

“Who knows?”

 

“At least I know it.”

 

“Are you always like this?”

 

“Like what?”

 

“You won’t get anything flirting with me”

 

“You think I flirt with you?”

 

“Then why are you being nice to me? Are you spying for anyone?”

 

“I think you’re the one that spying me.”

 

Sungyeol widen his eyes. How can he knows? Sungjong!!! He’ll be dead tomorrow. He gulped hardly. He want to reply, to say no, to bash him back or something. But there’s a stone on his throat and he can’t let out any understandable voice.

 

“I know. Sungjong told me. So tell me, why did you wanna know my life? What I eat? Who’s my family? Whom I dating? Humm??”

 

The food tray are now at the bed table. His hand grabbed his front of elbow. Coming closer. Examining his features. Sungyeol could feel his breath. He could feel the other’s warmth. And his scent are surrounding him makes he overwhelmed. He know he could push the boy away easily even with his condition now. But he’s too weak under his stare. Those eyes. He could not win.

 

“So will you answer my question or just eat what I feeds you?”

 

“I’ll eat. Even if it’s a poison I’ll eat”

 

“Great. Now you can breathe” again he ruffled his hair lovingly. Sungyeol doesn’t even know he hold his breath. He then slapped Myungsoo’s hand away. That boy doesn’t even care and feed him happily. Until the last drop.

 

Sunggyu appear from the door. Put a clean cloth on the bed and bring away the tray. Without a word. He then felt someone’s hand try to pull off his cloth.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“You stinks”

 

“I-I know. You don’t have to.” He struggle.

 

“Or do you prefer to answer my question?”

 

So at last, Myungsoo throw away all his cloth aside except from his boxer and put him at the bathroom. He just wiped softly his body since there’s a lot of injury and wound. Sungyeol pouted all along. Being treated like a kid for spying over a guy. He doesn’t deserve this.

 

Sungyeol did throw Myungsoo away when he tried to put on his cloth. Now he silently sit on the bed. With Myungsoo who rubbed his wet hair dry.

 

“Do you love me?”

 

“What? Ewww, I’m straight man. You’re disgusting.”

 

“Says the one who stalked a guy. Then, are you admiring me or something?”

 

Sungyeol shrugged. “I don’t know. You’re always there in front of me. Then I realized my eyes always looking for you. But I don’t even like you. Always surrounded by a bunch of girl. Always get the highest score although you’re always sleep in the class. Always get teacher’s attention. So I decide to get some revenge. Because you annoys me so much. So I threat Sungjong being the best friend of you to tell me everything. But I could find nothing. Nothing to be used to get you down. But I don’t feel like to stain my hand by beating you to death. So I ask Sungjong over and over again. Until it’s become my habit to know your daily life. But lately I come to hate you. Really, really hate you. It’s not annoying anymore but a bunch of hate surrounding me when thinking of you. That evening, after I saw you at the café. I felt sick. So sick that I want to throw up. So I release myself by beating down some boys. But I didn’t know that they’re bunch of them. And each one had a baseball bat too. I really though I’m gonna die that day”

 

He doesn’t even realize when Myungsoo back hug him. His hand land securely on his lap. He could feel his warmth being transfer to his cold body. He land his forehead on his shoulder. Sungyeol want to push him away. But just let him be. It doesn’t annoys him.

 

“Don’t die”

 

Sungyeol just keep quiet.

 

“Don’t die”

 

……..

 

“Don’t die”

 

“Okay”

 

He could feel he tighten his hug. “Why did you start hating me?”

 

“I’m pretty sure Sungjong had told you”

 

“He’s not” Sungyeol could feel him lying.

 

“I know it sound ridiculous. But I always saw you with a bite marks. A red rashes over your neck. Sometimes a cut lips. I don’t care about your love lives. But you know, I just can’t helped it. I hate it. I hate you. I hate me.”

 

“I know I may sound ridiculous. But I feel like you just confessed to me. Being curious about me and want to know everything about me. Being jealous over a mere bug’s bite and mosquito’s bite. And a chapped glass that Sunggyu Hyung forgot to throw out.”

 

Sungyeol froze at the moment. Does he really had fall over him? All over form the start? He huffed loudly and run his fingers over his hair.

 

“Wow, you look hot just now”

 

Sungyeol frowned. What the hell are this thing talking about?

 

“You may not know this. But I always, always notice you when you stare at me. Even in my sleep. So when Sungjong told me, I become curious too. About you. About your life. A kid that lives a monster life. A cute little boy that always alone and always want to be pampered lovingly.”

 

“So it seems like I like you too” Myungsoo then grabbed his chin to face him and slowly put his lips onto him. It’s soft and gentle. He pulled back and stare at him lovingly. A tear dropped from his eyes. A lot of emotion overwhelmed him. So he just throw himself towards Myungsoo’s embrace. Crying uncontrollably. He doesn’t care about his image anymore. He got him. He got Myungsoo. So they sleeps embracing each other.

*

*

*

*

“Awww, so sweet both of you”

 

Sungyeol creak his eyes open. He recognize that voice. That sassy girly voice.

 

“Sungjong!!! Come here you !!!” Myungsoo awake from the loud thud of someone running down the stairs. And a sight of a running Sungyeol towards the door. He smile when he heard a loud bickering from down there.

 

“So he’s the one? The one that you always looked from afar?” Sunggyu stand in front of his door.

 

“Yup, but he’s near now” Myungsoo smiled like a little kitten.

 

 

 

-end-