Longing

Ghost Of You

 

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

Sooyoung didn't know what to think or feel, she took off to her bedroom in tears.

 

Yuri immediately took off after her.

 

Yoona looked at Jess. "Is she looking this up because of you?"

 

"It wasn't part of our small steps plan if that's what you mean?"

 

"No I meant is Soo looking this up because she likes you?" Yoona asked.

 

Jess looked Yoona in the eye and said. "I hope so .......... because Yoong I like her. I like her so much that I can't stop thinking about her. She's taken over my head and my heart."

 

Yuri shut the door and sat next to Soo on the bed. "It's okay Soo, everything's okay."

 

"No it's not. You all just saw that on my computer. It's embarrassing and what about poor Fany huh?......."

 

"What about Fany?" Yuri asked.

 

"She hasn't even been gone for that long and I'm already googling results for when I should start dating again. I'm a terrible person arn't I?"

 

"No Sooyoung-ah you are anything but a terrible person. It's only natural that you would start to feel attracted to someone else.  You haven't been intimate with anyone for such a long time including Fany."

 

"But that's no excuse for me to have feelings for someone else so soon."

 

"You were there for Fany every step of the way. The sicker she got the more you withdrew yourself from the rest of the world. You were everything she needed you to be but somewhere along the way you lost yourself. Now you're finally starting to find yourself again and there's nothing wrong with that Soo." Yuri explained.

 

"Why do I feel so guilty then?"

 

"Fany was so sick and weak the last couple of months before she passed that you could only give her short kisses and gentle hugs. You're craving for that touch and intamacy again which you haven't had for such a long time now. You shouldn't be feeling guilty about wanting that again."

 

"So these feelings I'm having arn't real? It's just me wanting to have with someone.... is that what you're saying?" Soo asked feeling confused.

 

"No Sooyoung-ah, I didn't mean it like that. I know your feelings are real. I can see that easily for myself."

 

"Is it really that obvious?" Soo asked.

 

"Yep and I don't think it's a one sided thing either. I'm pretty sure she likes you too." Yuri smiled.

 

"Who? How do you even know who I have feelings for?"

 

"Well you haven't really been spending time with anyone else besides her. But apart from that, I can see it in your eyes..... your feelings are for Jess, right?"

 

"Oh Yul if you can see that then how many other people can see that. Oh my god what if Jess can see that I have feelings for her. Now I won't be able to see her ever again."

 

"Hold up! What! She's in your house right now so you will be seeing her again."

 

"No you'll just have to tell them that I'm feeling sick and that they'll have to go home now."

 

"Choi Sooyoung No!! There's nothing wrong with you having feelings for Jess and I'm pretty sure that she has feelings for you too. So I'm not going to let you hide away from her."

 

"Do you really think she has feelings for me?" Soo asked excitedly.

 

"Yes I think she does. Have you never noticed the way she looks at you?" 

 

"No..... "

 

"Well maybe you need to start noticing things a bit more especially since you do have feelings for her."

 

"I really don't think I could ever take any step further than friendship with Jess without feeling guilty. Like doesn't that mean I'm choosing to forget about Fany?" 

 

"Soo you're so worried that you're going to foget about Fany. You'll never forget about her and you know her last wish was for you to move on and find happiness with someone else." said Yuri.

 

"I didn't agree to finding someone else though. It just doesn't feel right yet, if I feel guilty just at the thought of moving on from her then it means I'm not ready yet, right?" 

 

"If you feel like you're not ready then maybe you're not but you did google about dating again so you must be getting close to allowing yourself to move on. Just promise me that if you can't stop thinking about hugging or kissing or anything else with Jess than just do it Soo."

 

Soo just looked at Yuri.

 

"Don't force yourself to stop your feelings for Jess, please Soo promise me you won't do that."

 

"I can't promise you that but I'll try not to stop my feelings for her, okay?"

 

"Okay now we should really get back out to your guests." said Yuri.

 

"Oh do I have to, I'm still feeling embarrassed."

 

"Yes you do." Yuri said as she grabbed Soo and pulled her up off the bed.

 

Yuri walked out and Soo followed sheepishly behind her.

 

"Hey Soo, Yoong and I have picked our pizza's out so just you and Yuri need to pick yours." Jess said trying to make Soo forget about what they saw on her computer.

 

Soo then placed the order for the pizza before they headed back to the lounge room to pick out some movies to watch. Soo just stood back and watched the others sit on the floor looking through her movie collection.

 

Jess looked up at her. "What would you like to watch?"

 

"I don't really care." said Soo.

 

Jess reached her hand up and pulled on Soo's arm. "Come sit down and help us choose." Jess smiled as she continued to pull on Soo's arm until she was sitting on the floor next to Jess.

 

"You can't pick out anything too boring because there's more chance I'll fall asleep and I don't want you to get out of my goodbye hug tonight."

 

Soo smiled at her. "I should pick out one of those movies that goes for longer than three hours."

 

"Don't you dare, it's not that bad to get a goodbye hug from me is it?" Jess asked.

 

"Even if we put on an hour long movie you'll probably still fall asleep." Soo joked.

 

After the pizza arrived and they finished eating, all of them sat down on the sofa to watch 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2.

 

"I can't believe you guys picked this movie. It's so scary so don't blame me if I scream." Jess complained.

 

"It's not that scary Jess." Yoona teased.

 

Jess was sitting up one end of the four seater sofa and Yoona was next to her. Yoona made sure that she left a big enough gap for Soo to be able to sit down next to Jess.

 

But instead of sitting next to Jess she squeezed herself in next to Yuri at the other end of the sofa.

 

Yuri whispered to her. "Why arn't you sitting next to Jess?"

 

"No reason I just want to sit here."

 

Yuri shook her head at Soo.

 

"What?" Soo asked.

 

"It's not as if you're asking her to marry you or anything just by sitting next to her. You should be sitting next to her not me." Yuri whispered.

 

When Soo looked across at Jess she noticed a sad look on her face. Does she really want me to sit next to her, Soo wondered. Or is she just sad because we're watching a movie she's scared of.

 

Yoona then whispered to Jess. "You should see the look on your face."

 

Jess looked at her.

 

"I can tell you're upset that she didn't sit next to you." said Yoona.

 

"Well that's because I am upset. Of course I wanted her to sit next to me." Jess whispered back.

 

Soo then looked at Yuri who was shivering. "Are you cold Yul?" she asked.

 

"Yes it's colder than I thought it would be tonight."

 

"I'll just grab a couple of blankets." Soo got two blankets and handed one to Yuri she then walked towards Jess and turned back to Yoona.

 

"Yoona would you mind if I sat here?" Soo asked.

 

"No go for it." Yoona said as she moved closer to Yuri to give Soo room to sit down next to Jess.

 

"I thought I should sit next to you since you said you'll be scared watching this movie." Soo said to Jess as she sat down.

 

"Are you going to help me not feel scared?" Jess asked.

 

"No I'm just going to sit here and laugh when you get scared." Soo grinned and Jess glared at her in return.

 

"I'm just kidding. Here this will help keep you warm and if you get scared just put it over your head so you can't see the scarey bits, okay?" Soo said as she pulled the blanket over herself and Jess.

 

"Okay thanks." Jess smiled back at her.

 

"Are you comfy?" Soo asked Jess.

 

Jess hesitated before nodding her head.

 

"You're not comfy are you?"

 

"Would you be upset if I rested my head on your shoulder?" Jess asked.

 

"No that's okay but I bet you fall asleep if you do."

 

"And you don't want me to fall asleep do you because you want me to give you a goodbye hug tonight." Jess grinned.

 

"I don't believe I said that I wanted a hug." Soo smiled.

 

"But you do want one, I can tell." Jess smiled at her before gently resting her head on Soo's shoulder.

 

All I want to do is put my arm around her and hold her close to me. I really have fallen for her and I don't know how much longer I can try to control myself around her, thought Soo.

 

Ten minutes later Soo could tell that Jess had fallen asleep. I guess I don't get a goodbye hug tonight. I know I shoudn't of been looking forward to it but I actually really was.

 

Jess was still asleep on Soo's shoulder when the movie finished.

 

"Does Jess fall asleep often?" Soo asked Yoona.

 

"Sleeping is one of her favourite things to do but she wouldn't of wanted to fall asleep tonight. I think she's just tired." said Yoona.

 

"I'm actually feeling really tired tonight as well. Um Yoona did you drive here or did Jess?" Yuri asked.

 

"Jess drove here."

 

"Well I'm ready to call it a night, I can't keep my eyes open much longer. Um Yoona would you like me to give you a lift home so that we don't have to wake Jess up yet." Yuri said while she gave a sneeky wink towards Yoona.

 

"Oh yeah sure I'd love a lift home." said Yoona.

 

"Don't you want to stay a bit longer?" Soo asked.

 

"I'm really tired." said Yuri.

 

"I'm sure Jess wouldn't mind if we woke her up to go home now." said Soo.

 

"Honestly I think she'd prefer to sleep a little longer." said Yoona.

 

"But I can't get up to see you out."

 

"It's okay Soo we can let ourselves out." said Yuri.

 

"Thanks for having me over Soo. I had a great night." Yoona said.

 

"You're welcome, thanks for coming Yoona." Soo smiled.

 

"Bye." Yuri and Yoona said as they left the house and headed downstairs.

 

"Thanks for going along with that Yoona. I just wanted to give them some time alone again." 

 

"I know my best friend has fallen for Soo but it looks like your best friend has feelings for Jess as well, does she Yuri?" Yoona asked.

 

"Yes she does but she's kind of trying to fight her feelings for Jess because she feels guilty about Fany."

 

"I understand it must be so hard for Soo. She must have so much going through that head of hers right now." said Yoona.

 

"I know she's your best friend and all but is Jess you know..... going to hurt Soo in the long run?"

 

"Jess felt attracted to Soo from the very first time she saw her. Her feelings are definitely genuine and she would never intentionally set out to hurt Soo. Jess has had a couple of not so good relationships and she wasn't interested in starting a new one with anybody but then she met Soo." Yoona explained.

 

"Soo deserves someone special in her life again so I really hope something happens between them."

 

"I do too." said Yoona.

 

It was another 40 minutes later before Jess finally woke up. She slowly opened her eyes.

 

"Oh not again." Jess looked up at Soo who was smiling back at her.

 

"I told you if you rested your head on my shoulder that you'd fall asleep."

 

"I know but I didn't think that I would. You must think that's all I do now when I come over your house, just sleep."

 

"Yes so I guess you must find my conversation so boring that it puts you to sleep." Soo grinned.

 

"No you know it's not that. Hey where's Yoong and Yuri?"

 

"Oh they already went home since the movie finished ages ago. They were both feeling tired so Yuri gave Yoona a lift home."

 

"So it's just you and me then." Jess smiled.

 

"Yes."

 

"Well do want to have that hug now?" Jess asked.

 

"No you lost the deal because you fell asleep."

 

"Um so you don't want a hug from me then?" 

 

"Why are you leaving now?" Soo asked.

 

"Do you want me to leave now?"

 

"No." Soo said as she looked at Jess.

 

"Good because I don't want to leave yet." Jess said before they stared at one another intently.

 

Jess began to Soo's face gently. "Is it okay if I do this?"

 

"Is it another small step?" Soo asked.

 

Jess smiled at her. "Yes."

 

"So if we shared a hug right now would that be another small step as well?" Soo asked.

 

Jess looked at her before standing up, she then offered her hand to Soo and helped her up. They both stared deeply into each other's eyes.

 

"Can we just hug without it being another small step?" Jess asked.

 

"Um what do you mean?"

 

"I just want our first hug together to be a hug that we've both been longing for not just another small step." Jess said.

 

"Well a hug from you is something I have been really longing for." Soo informed her.

 

Jess smiled happily at her before taking a step closer and wrapping her arms tightly around Soo's waist..........