Here But Not

Ghost Of You

 

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

 

 

"I find her so fascinating, tell me everything you know about her, please?" Jess asked.

 

"I can't tell you here. I'll tell you all about her tonight at dinner." said Yoona.

 

Jess went back to Yoona's house after their dinner because Yoona didn't want to discuss Sooyoung while they were surrounded by so many people in the restaurant.

 

They sat down on the sofa.

 

"Well?" Jessi asked.

 

"Well what?"

 

"Yoong come on, you know I'm waiting for you to tell me about Sooyoung."

 

Yoona let out a big sigh. "Why do you want to know though?"

 

"I already told you I find her fascinating."

 

"She's broken Jess, Sooyoung's heart is broken and now well it's kind of made her head broken too."

 

"Why?" Jessi asked.

 

Yoona shed a few tears as she told Jess all about Sooyoung and Tiffany.

 

"That's so sad, even I feel like crying now." Jess said sadly.

 

"So can you just leave her alone. She doesn't need you annoying her right now."

 

"Annoying her? Why would I annoy her?"

 

"Jess come on I'm your best friend and I know what you're like. Admit it you're only fascinated by Sooyoung because you can see a story in it for yourself." 

 

"I do have a heart Yoong. You act as if I don't and you're forgetting that I didn't know about Sooyoung's past before I found myself being captivated by her."

 

"Okay I'm sorry, it's just that she's so fragile right now and I know that Fany would be so devastated to see how much Sooyoung is suffering without her."

 

"Maybe she just needs a friend?"

 

"She has friends Jess but she's kind of pulling away from them."

 

"But maybe she just needs a new friend like me. You know someone who didn't know her wife." Jess explained.

 

"I really don't know what your motive is behind wanting to befriend her but I swear Jess if you hurt her in anyway, I could never forgive you."

 

"Wow I go away for a year and now my best friend only thinks the worst of me." said Jess.

 

"I'm sorry okay..... it's just my heart breaks everytime I see Sooyoung talk to Fany as if she's still alive and sitting right next to her."

 

"I just want to get to know her better, that's all. I have no intentions of hurting her in anyway."

 

 

The next day - Soo, Yuri & Sujin......

 

 

"Look we even bought Fany's favourite pink roses to lay on her grave." said Sujin.

 

"I'm not going." said Soo.

 

"But you haven't been there since her funeral. Don't you think Fany would like you to go visit there every now and then." Yuri said.

 

Why do I need to go to the cemetery to see Fany when she's here at home with me everyday, thought Sooyoung.

 

"Please come with us Soo, Yul and I want to go visit her grave. Can't you please come with us?" Sujin asked.

 

"Okay fine I'll go if it makes you two happy."

 

Yuri and Sujin had come up with the plan to visit her grave to try and make Soo see that Fany had passed on. 

 

Once they arrived they walked up to Fany's grave. Soo just stood there reading the gravestone over and over again.....

 

 

                                                        In Memory of

                                                       Hwang Tiffany

                                   Loving wife, daughter, sister and friend

                                         August 1 1989  -  March 16 2012

                                                          Aged 22

                                               Always in our thoughts

                                                Forever in our Hearts

 

 

 

Sooyoung then looked around her and started to panic. "Where is she, where's my Fany?"

 

"She's gone Sis." said Sujin sadly.

 

"No she was in the car with me but now I can't see her anymore. Fany-ah!! Where are you?" she yelled out as she started to look around the cemetery for her.

 

"Choi Sooyoung please........ please stop looking for Fany." Yuri called out to her with tears streaming down her face.

 

"Yul are you okay, why are you crying?" Soo asked.

 

Yuri then grabbed Soo's hand and walked her back over to Fany's grave.

 

"This is why I'm crying. Your Fany passed away Soo, she's gone. No matter how much you want to believe she's still alive, the fact is she's not."

 

Soo stared at the gravestone again then took another look around for Fany before she collapsed to the ground and burst out crying.

 

"Why though....(sob)... why did she have to leave me so soon....(sob)......why?"

 

Yuri knelt down behind her and wrapped her arms around her.

 

"I don't know Soo but she's gone now and you need to let her go."

 

"Let her go?" Soo asked.

 

"Not from your heart just from your........ pretend world your living in where you believe she's still alive." said Yuri.

 

"I'm too scared to let her go........(sob)...... what if I forget what she looks like......(sob)..... what if I forget how cute her smile is...."

 

"You'll never forget about her Soo. Just because you try to let go of someone doesn't mean you'll forget about them." said Sujin.

 

"I can't accept that she's passed.....(sob).... because I want her here with me always....(sob).... I can't deal with her not being with me anymore...(sob).....I just can't let her go....(sob)... I'm not ready yet okay......"

 

"Sooyoung-ah none of us are going to forget her. You two were high school sweethearts and you're use to having her around you all the time but she can't be around you anymore. Fany would be so heart broken right now to see you like this. Wouldn't she?" Yuri asked.

 

"......Yes...... but I don't know how to move forward.....(sob).....it's just too hard.....(sob).....and it hurts so much."

 

 

One week later......

 

 

Sooyoung was sitting in the library reading to Fany again. Jess walked in and went to see Yoona.

 

"Hi."

 

"Hey Jess." she said as she watched Jessica turn her head around to see if Sooyoung was sitting down at the table.

 

"Anyway I'll see you around the place." Jess said as she went to walk away.

 

"Jess please, just think about what you say to her."

 

"What I say to who?"

 

"I know you're going over to see Sooyoung."

 

"I can't help it I want to talk to her. I want to make her happier and don't worry I'm going to be careful about what I say to her."

 

Jess sat across from Sooyoung and placed her laptop on the table loudly so that she would get Sooyoung's attention. Soo looked across at her.

 

"Sorry if I'm being too loud."

 

"That's okay but um I kind of read out loud so you might find it annoying listening to me while you work." said Soo.

 

"I don't mind, go ahead keep reading out loud."

 

Soo continued reading.

 

"Sorry to interrupt you but I remember you were reading that book last time I was here."

 

"Oh really, sorry but I don't remember you." said Soo.

 

"It's okay I'll try not to feel bad that you found my face so easy to forget."

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that." Soo said apologetically.

 

"It's alright, I was only joking."

 

"I tend to zone out when I'm in here. I feel bad that I don't remember you."

 

"It's okay this time but when I come back tomorrow and you tell me that you don't remember me, well then I might be upset." Jess smiled.

 

Soo smiled back at her. "I promise that I'll remember you tomorrow."

 

"Good, by the way my name's Jessica but you can just call me Jess if you like."

 

"Hi Jess my name's Sooyoung but you can just call me Sooyoung if you like." she said before turning to the spare seat and giggling.

 

"Oh so you think that's funny?"

 

"Yes my wife does too." said Soo.

 

"So your wife's sitting next to you there?"

 

"Yes, oh my god can you see her too?" Soo asked excitedly.

 

"No I can't but if you say she's there then I believe you."

 

Soo then looked to the chair next to her and noticed that Fany was no longer there .

 

"Well don't believe me cause I don't even know what's real or not anymore."

 

"Sooyoung I actually know about what happened to your wife and I'm sorry for your loss."

 

"You know but how do you know?"

 

"Well Yoona is my best friend and the first time I saw you here you were crying and I was worried about you so I asked Yoona if she knew who you were and then she told me about what happened to your wife."

 

"Oh......."

 

"Are you upset at me for asking Yoona about you?" Jessi asked.

 

"Um.. no."

 

"Are you upset with Yoona for telling me about you?"

 

"... no..."

 

"But you look upset."

 

"I'm not upset, I was just wondering if now that you know all about me..... well I'm guessing you think I'm crazy too."

 

"I don't think you're crazy Sooyoung."

 

"You might be the only one that doesn't think I'm crazy."

 

"Yoona doesn't think you're crazy either. She just thinks your heart is broken and that you need help to put it back together again." said Jess.

 

A tear rolled down Soo's face. "She's right..... my heart is broken, it's so broken that I wouldn't even know where to start to try and put it together again."

 

"You start with me."

 

"Huh?" 

 

"Sooyoung I want to help you mend your broken heart. Please let me help you?" Jess asked.

 

"I..... I'm not looking for a relationship." Soo said in shock.

 

"Oh I didn't mean it like that. I just meant as a friend, like anytime you need someone to talk to or just someone different to hangout with well I'd like to be that person."

 

"But why, you don't really know me?" said Soo.

 

"I know but I can tell you're a nice person and well in a weird way I kind of feel connected to you because that book you're holding well you were reading that last time I was here too."

 

"This book is my wife's favourite. She's read it so many times and she never gets sick of it. Is it your favourite book too?"

 

"Um well have you never looked at the back of the book before?" Jess asked.

 

"Yes it just tells you a bit about the book."

 

"Yes and there's also a little photo of the author on the back too." said Jess.

 

"Oh so there is, I've never really noticed that befo......." she said before she looked across at Jess and then back down to the book.

 

"Oh my god...... it's you."

 

"Uh huh I wrote that book. It's my best seller." Jess smiled.

 

Sooyoung then felt overcome with sadness.

 

"What's wrong?" Jess asked.

 

"You are my wife's favourite author, it's not fair that I get to meet you and she doesn't." she said sadly.

 

"Isn't she sitting next to you right now?"

 

Soo looked to the seat next to her. "No she's not here right now."

 

"Where did she go?" Jess asked.

 

"I don't know she was here before."

 

"Maybe she wanted to leave you and I alone to talk."

 

"She's never really here with me........" Soo said while sheding some more tears. "It hurts too much when I think about how she's not here anymore so I guess I just imagine that she's still with me but it's really just me going crazy." Soo explained.

 

"You're not crazy, it's just your way of trying to cope with the loss of your dear wife."

 

"Except I'm not coping am I? I come here nearly everyday to read your book to my wife who's not even alive anymore..........what am I even doing?" Soo said before bursting into tears.

 

Jess stood up and rushed to the other side of the table.

 

"Is it okay if I give you a hug?" Jess asked but before Soo could answer Yoona wrapped her arms around Sooyoung.

 

"Are you okay?" Yoona asked as she glared at Jess.

 

Sooyoung continued to cry.......

 

"Did you upset her Jess?"

 

Jess just looked at Yoona.

 

"No Jess didn't upset me. It's alright Yoona I'll be okay now." said Soo.

 

"Are you sure?" Yoona asked.

 

"Yes." Soo said before Yoona released from her hug.

 

"If you need me just come and see me, okay?" 

 

"Okay thanks Yoona." said Soo.

 

"Would you like me to leave you alone?" Jess asked.

 

"No please stay, you're the first person to make me feel like I'm not going completely crazy."

 

"Hey Sooyoung....can I ask you something?"

 

"Sure but only if you start calling me Soo." she smiled.

 

"Okay well Soo how would you feel if I came with you to visit your wife at her grave?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"It's just you said that it wasn't fair that you got to meet me and that your wife didn't, so if I went with you to her grave then she would get to meet me right?" ...............