Epilogue: Angel's Sigh

Angel's Sigh



Epilogue: Angel’s Sigh


Several months have passed and it was the first week of winter again. The boy


“Youngsaeng-sshi everyone is praising your spectacular acting in your new drama, can you share with us the source of this?” An interviewer asked him making the other members look at each other.


“De. An angel.” Youngsaeng replied briefly making the host confused but the others smile.


“Sir Han these are all the files you requested. Oh. Isn’t that Youngsaeng-shi?” Han’s secretary came inside his office.


“De. Give him a call later, ask if they all want to have dinner when I get back to Korea.” Han ordered him as he continued to look at the television that was airing SS501 drama’s live interview.


---


“Youngsaeng ah, where are you going?” Jungmin asked him when he directly took a run for it towards the parking lot instead of going to the dressing room.


“Mal, let him be. Give him some time to be alone. We’ve been together 24/7 while filming our drama. He needs to go to his sanctuary.” Hyun joong said with a sad smile.


“You’re right. But why is he going alone, can’t he take us too?” Jungmin said but then complained a minute after.


“Ya Mal! Leave him alone.” Hyung joon threw a crumpled tissue at him making the two bicker instantly along the corridor.


“Aigoo, continue that inside not here when everyone can see us.” Kyu jong said and pushed the two inside their dressing room.


“Hyung, will he be alright?” Kyu jong asked Hyun joong with a hint of worry in his voice.


“We don’t know. That boy never bothers to tell us when he is lonely. Instead he keeps showing us his smile, like he promised her before.” Hyun joong said and closed the door.


“Ajusshi, the usual please.” Youngsaeng asked the flower shop owner he always went to for these past months.


“Aigoo you’ve been coming here everyday, are you planning on planting a garden?” The old man joked as he arranged the usual mixed bouquet of white, pink and violet flowers for him.


“Ajusshi can you add this?” Youngsaeng held the cute little bear he saw on the display and waving it like a little kid.


“Aigoo how can I resist that determination of yours?” He joked and took the bear and tied it with the flowers.


“Kamsamnida. Annyeong.” Youngsaeng bid him farewell after paying and went back to his car, placing the flowers carefully on the passenger seat.


Youngsaeng drove with a bittersweet smile as he made his way to his sanctuary. If people found out where it was, they would think how could such place be a sanctuary.


But for him, that place holds the comfort and happiness that he was missing every single day. Every after shooting, every after activity, no matter if it was night or the dawn, he would go there...to be with his angel.


He hummed a in a low voice as he heard his song Condition of My Heart on the radio. He and Hyung joon did a duet a week after THAT day. For those who were listening, it was a song of moving on, but for him, it was a song of continues loving. 


Maybe because that song reminds him so much of her, because she loves hearing him sing that for her. Or perhaps, because it brings the memories of the first time that both of them had notice the change of feelings towards each other. That day when their eyes met as she happily sat on the branch as he sang for her.


---


“Youngsaeng-sshi visiting again today?” The security guard greeted him.


“De.” He answered with a smile as he passed by him.


A smile. That was what he was cherishing ever since that day. Because SHE was the one who gave that smile for him. And that source of his happiness, the reason for his smiles despite the sadness that follows him at times, it was all because of her. Ji Soo, the girl lying in the hospital’s room 241.


“Annyeong, my angel. Oppa is here today again. Guess what? The showing for our drama was a big hit.” Youngsaeng said as he went inside and placed the flowers on the desk by the widow with walls covered in pink.


“Hmm...still not answering me? Arasso, I’ll do all the talking.” Youngsaeng said and sat down at the chair near her bed. 


He chuckled then. As if he just made a joke. Of course Ji Soo won’t answer. She has been in a coma for months now ever since that day, the day after her surgery. Though the surgery was a success, her body shut down resulting to the state she was in today. She was just there, no tubes, no wires, she was just lying there as if just taking a long deep sleep.


Nonetheless, Youngsaeng was still grateful. So he showed that by visiting her everyday with or without the other members. Especially when Han was overseas for some business, because then only her personal caretaker would be there for her.


“Hmm...Let’s see...” Youngsaeng said and took out his Polaroid camera and took a picture of the flower then taped it on the wall behind Ji Soo where other pictures of different flowers were also displayed. Jungmin and Hyung joon already lost count of how many pictures did they put there and everyone would just chuckle.


“Want to know what I wrote today at your journal?” Youngsaeng asked her as he took her red journal out of his bag. For the past several months, he was writing different things on her journal in her behalf.


Uncertainty in life, love is always hurt by indifference. There’s so much love, hate and worries, friends, foes and struggles. All woven into this inescapable spider web of season's changing.” 


“I’m getting good at writing right? Ke Ke I think I’m more better than you.” He as he looked out the window for a second. It was winter again, and the branches were filled with snow. 


His eyes then widened, his mouth twitched into a small smile when he saw a sudden movement. It was small but he knew what he saw. Her right hand moved a little and it was all he needs to make him start to cry and smile at the same time.


“Babo. You’re always making me cry, I thought you want me to smile?” He scolded her as he stood up and hovered near her.


“Ji Soo ah, do you want to know a secret?” He asked her as he wiped away his tears.


“Whenever I feel down, there’s only one thought I would think of to make it go away.” He said as his face hovered over eyes then slowly descended upon hers. Making there lips touch, his warm lips taking away the coldness from hers. Kissing her deeply as he felt the life inside her body that was just waiting to wake up.


“It’s being able to kiss you. So pali and wake up, I want my angel back.” He whispered near her eyes and kissed her forehead and smiled.


~~~END

 

 

A/N: My new fic would be up maybe next week, video trailer for it is up.  Look forward for it, Subscribe to EXISTENCE...

 

Hope you enjoyed this short fic of mine. It was sad right? Mianhe. I promise to make a happier fic.