Chapter Eight

From Bullied To Love ~ B.A.P

Zelo kept patting Jinx on her head while she was sound asleep on his lap now. It was obvious they liked each other. My eyes slipped slowly to the kitchen door where Jongup and Himchan were still talking to each other about I don't know what. What could they possibly be talking about that we weren't allowed to hear? In the corner of my eyes I saw Daehyun making a move to hit me on my head. Just in time I ducked down, so that his hand swinged on and slapped his own face. "AISH! JENN!" "What?" I said with an innocent face. "You weren't supposed to avoid it!" Daehyun screamed, rubbing his sore nose. "Avoid what...?" My eyebrow rose in wonder, enjoying the fact that he just spilled his own bean. "N-nothing. Avoid nothing." He scratched his cheek while smiling with his eyes closed. "Jennifer, Jinx is really adorable. Can I take her with me to my home?" My eyes widened at what Zelo had asked me. "Say what?" "So that means no?" He eyes started to well with tears, his lips slowly rolling into a pout. "No, I ... I mean... You can't have her, but she can have sleep overs... I guess.. That okay with you?" His face immediatly lit up in a bright smile, no sign tears were even there. "He tricked you..." Daehyun whispered in my ears, just when the coin had reached ground. I sighed heavy, knowing I had been tricked into lending Jinx to a kid. Who the hell lets her kitten have sleep overs? "Thank you Jen! You are the best!" He hugged me tightly in his surprisingly strong arms. I looked over to Daehyun with a questioning face, but he just shrugged his shoulders, not caring to answer me. What was with him all of a sudden? The door from the kitchen opened and revealed Jongup in the doorframe. "Ready? Can we start the movie?!" It seemed like Jongup got sad when he heard my excited voice about the movienight. Was there something wrong after all? But just like that, a smile appeared on his face but shook his head. "Uh.. Hyung, he wants to talk to you... If you want to.." All of a sudden it got really cold in the room and it became hard to breath. Like the air I was holding in my lungs, was drained out by something I couldn't see. Why did Himchan want to talk to me? Was he going to threaten me? Wa she going to kidnap me and bring me to Yongguk? Was he- "Jen! Hello?" Daehyun waved his hand a couple of times in front of my face to get my attention. "Get that of yours in the kitchen. Now." With a frightened look in my eyes I looked at Daehyun, almost begging him with my eyes not to let me go. But he did nothing. He just sat there, waiting till I stood up and walked to the kitchen. My eyes drifted to Jongup, but I got the same result; negative. My body stood up, slowly walking to Jongup. "Do I have to...?" I whispered when I stood in front of him. "No.. But I think it is better that you go..." "I'm afraid Jongs..." I clasped my mouth as soon as I heard myself say it. Tears started welling in my eyes as I looked into his. "Don't be, please. Daehyun and I are here." He pinched my hand softly before he pushed me inside the kitchen. This is inbelievable. I was even afraid to go in my own kitchen because of him, while I know where all the deadly knifes are. How stupid and lame can I be? If I can hit Yongguk in the face, why couldn't I face Himchan for a small talk then? Maybe because my house wasn't a safe bubble anymore. Four of the six people knew where I lived now, it was easy for Yongguk to break in any time now and murder me or what not. The door behind me closed, probably because Jongup wanted us to have some privacy. But to not get out of the kitchen got me even more afraid. Himchan was leaning against the kitchen countertop, looking down to his feet with his arms crossed. When the door closed he looked up to me, but I couldn't find any emotion in his eyes. While in my eyes, the fear was practically radiating off of me. He pushed himself from the countertop and stepped closer to me, but in reaction I stepped backwards, not enclosing our space. Before I knew it, I had reached the wall with my back and he made the space smaller and smaller between us. He was now so close to me that our noses almost touched each other. But when he noticed my body shaking all over, he took a step back, making me feel some what more comfortable. "I guess.. You really are afraid of me..." His voice. Only his voice can get me shivers over my spine, and I'm not sure if I like it. "W-what do you want...?" I tried to keep my voice steady, my feelings of the radar, but all went down the hill, into a deeples canyon where it couldn't get out. "I'm not even sure anymore. But I do know that this isn't how I imagined the movienight to be..." "Well, i-it ain't my fault. And you know that." Slowly I got my voice back, but it didn't mean I wasn't scared as what. A sigh escaped his mouth and his head slumped down to his feet. "Is that what you want me to say? That it ain't your fault? That it is us who started all this?" My eyes widened. What is he saying? "I never did anything to Yongguk to be bullied this bad!" Without knowing I had raised my voice and took a step towards him. How dare he accuse me of my fate, that it is my doing, that it is I who wanted all of this! "Well, maybe I ain't even talking about Yongguk!" Himchan screamed over my voice, freezing me on spot. What.. was he saying? Have I ever done something to Himchan to make him bully me? Have we met before he started to bully me? "That is bull and you know it! I didn't even know you before you started to bully me along with Yongguk!" I was so confused at the moment, I couldn't even tell memorie from lie anymore. I never harmed Himchan, even if I had met him before. "Oh, really? So you don't remember anything about a little statue? Something so precious to me, that I would maybe die from the inside if it could BREAK?!" His eyes were filled with anger, rage even. What the hell was he even saying? What statue? What was so important to him anyways? Why don't I remember annything of it if what Himchan said was true? "I don-" My cheek burned up in an instand, feeling like it was on fire. But the worst pain only followed after a few seconds later. My head hit the edge of the countertop and I fell to the ground, unconsious. Everything went black in front of my eyes and my body won't move. Was this is then? Did Himchan really hit me to death? And over something I don't even know?! A strong light suddenly appeared in front of me, almost blinding me with it's bright colour and I had to close my eyes.

I opened my eyes only to see a scenery that wasn't familiar with me. Seeing all the kids, I guess it must be a kindergarten or something like that. I started to walk around, to see if anything around here made any sence. The last thing I remember before the blackness was Himchan in front of me. But that was in my own house. How did I end up at a kindergarten? A bell rang around the schoolground, signaling that the school had finished. A herd of little kids ran outside from the maindoor, running directly to their parents who were waiting near the fence. One family had caught my eye and I knew that this had to be a dream. Because not that far away from where I stood, I saw a beautiful woman with chocolate brown hair. She was a lot younger now, but she still had all the resembelances to the mother I had known her for. Right there, next to my father, stood my mother waiting for me. As I walked closer, I saw myself in a smaller version with pink hair, running straight to her. When the little me was close enough, she jumped in mothers arms and they swung around for a couple of times. Father just layed a hand on top of my head and smiled like he always did. "Jenni! Jenni! Look over here!" A small boy came running to little me with something odd in his hands. "Hi Channie! Oh! What's that?" She pointed her little finger to whatever he was holding but he rudely pulled it away. "No! I tell you first!" She pulled her finger back and looked up to the boy who was a little taller than her. "I got this from my grandpa, who got it from his grandpa! It is a special dragon statue! It's said that it has some mysterious powers! Ain't that cool?!" The boy explain in hypermode, swinging the small, polished, red statue in front of her face. But it didn't look like an ordinary red dragon at all. It had something about it, but I couldn't point my finger at it. "Can I hold it?" The little me asked the boy, who nodded with a big smile plastered on his face. With careful hands, the boy handed it over to the little girl who looked at it with great awe. Her eyes were big as diamonds and was opened a little. "Wah! Daebakk!" She wanted to give it back to the boy, took a step towards him but she tripped over her own feet. As she fell to the ground, so did the small statue that slipped out of her small hands. The boy his eyes went wide with fear, trying to catch the small dragon, but failed. The small statue laid now broken in bits on the ground in front of little me. It was silent for a while, both staring at the pieces with horror in their eyes. The one thing that wasn't supposed to happen, did just happen. "What did you do?! You stupid brat! I thought we were friends!" "But, but it was an accident!" The little me tried to reason with him, but it was of no use. "I hate you!" He said with tears streaming down his face. That's when he ran off, probably back to his home. "But... Himchan.." The little girl softly said. Himchan?! That little kid was Himchan?! So he was telling the truth after al? Oh god, and here I was screaming at him that he was telling some bull! How did I forget about this? How can I even make it up to him? The sniffing of the little girl in front of me brought me back from my train of thoughts. One by one she carefully picked up the pieces in her small hands and placed them inside her small bag. Did I take it with me? Why would I take a broken statue with me? The scenery became blurry and dizzy and looked like it was changing  from scene. Slowly the blurry haze faded and I found myself in our old house, when mom still lived. The little girl ran upstairs without saying anything to her parents. Quickly I followed her into the familiar bedroom of hers. This was my old bedroom, everything in it was still the same as I remember it. The small pink bed, the large beige closet in the corner, all the dolls spread around on the floor. She turned her bag upside down and everything fell out of it, including the pieces of statue, glue and some tissues. What was I gonna do with it? It's not like there was a way I could ever fix it in a million years. The little girl began sorting the broken pieces untill she found how they all needed to fit and started to glue everything together. Again the scenery became a blurry haze and changed into the familiar blackness again. 

"Jenn? Jennifer? Are you okay?" I crunged my face as soon as I tried to open my eyes. God, that was a bad headache. Slowly I got up as I blinked heavy for a few times. Looking around me, I found myself in the kitchen, surrounded by Jongup, Daehyun and Zelo. And ofcourse the lady herself, Jinx on top of my lap. "I'm fine, I think." I could clearly all of them release the breath that they had been holding. But I was missing one person. "What happened?" I tried to look at Jongup, but he was avoiding any eyecontact with me, so instead I looked at Daehyun in the hope he could tell me more. "Well... Himchan hyung..." That rang an emergency bell inside of my chest. With a stern look on my face I got up as fast as I could and ran straight to my room. If everything that I had seen was true, if the little me indeed had succeded in glueing the small statue back together, it had to be somewhere in there. With a swing I opened the closetdoor, walked in and dropped on my knees in front of the small box. I hadn't opened this box in forever, I honestly had forgotten about it after mom had passed away. But now that I had seen mom in that vision, or whatever that it was, it had to bring hope with her, right? Maybe she was the one who tried to tell me something. With shaking hands I reached for the lid and opened it carefully. The first thing I saw was the beautiful brown scarf that mom always used to wear. Under her scarf were a few letters from mom, a few pictures and indeed the thing that I was looking for. The little me actually pulled it off, she actually had put the red dragon back together and it looked like new if you forgot about the small linings. But if you didn't know they were there, you wouldn't even see them. How the hell have I made it looking this good? I remember it broke down in dozens of pieces! Actually it didn't matter right now, Himchan mattered more. With a firm but careful grip on the statue I ran down the stairs, making sure I wouldn't make the same mistake again. Downstairs the rest was waiting for me with a worried and concerned look in their eyes. "What?" But they didn't give an answer. "Where is Himchan?!" Jongup still avoided eyecontact with me and Zelo was too busy with Jinx. "I think he went to the backyard. It looked like he knew where he was going. Jennifer, can you tell me what the hell is happening here?" I smiled softly at him, glad he was that worried about me. But I didn't understand half of the situation myself, so I ran to the backyard in search of Himchan. "Himchan!" I yelled as soon as I was outside. This was going to be terrible. Our backyard sided with a huge forest, so it could take ages to find him. "Himchan?!" Still no response, so there was no other option than to run in the forest myself, even though it became pretty dark already. "Where the hell could he be?" My eyes darted around in the forest, looking for anything that resembled him. "Himchan?!" My voice echoed throught the big first, scaring myself by birds flying away and squirells running away. "Jennifer..." I turned around on my heels. Did I really hear my name just now? I darted around with my eyes, but couldn't see anyone. "Himchan! Where are you?!" The forest was now creepily silent and it was getting darker and darker. "Jennifer...!" "Himchan?! Himchan, where are you?!" I dashed into a random direction, trying to hear if it was his voice that I was hearing. A strong blow of wind made me close my eyes tightly, so strong it washed against me. "Jennifer!" It seemed like the wind was carrying my name with it. Like the wind had received a voice of his own and was calling out my name. But the voice, it was so familiar. Why couldn't I remember where I heard it before? "Have you already forgotten me...?" My eyes widened in shock. The wind that was blowing was slowly taking form in front of me. As soon as I saw who the cloud looked like, I screamed my lungs out. "Mom! How.. What.. MOM!?" With my hands in my hair and shocked eyes, I started to walk back anfd forth. "This can't be happening. I am going crazy. All these years of bullying has made me crazy, a freak. I'm turning into a psycho! God, Yongguk is going to pay for this, and hard. How dare he?! I mean, look at me! I'm a freaking PSHYCHO! I-" "Jennifer, sweety, look at me." "Even her voice sounds like her. That is impossible, right? How could I possibly hear her voice right next to me? That is what you call, CRAZY!" "You are not crazy, my baby. I am really here... But with not much time left." Her voice was soft and somewhat rushed. I finally managed to look at her face in the cloud in front of me. She really did resemble my mother in every way. "Find Himchan... You have to." Well, no ! "I don't even know where to look! This forest is huge! and it is dark, if you haven't notice yet! God, look at me.. Talking to a ing cloud. How hard did Himchan hit my head?!" A blow of wind was smashed in my face as I started off about the crazy part again. "Listen! Look in your heart, you will know where to find him... And about Yongguk, sweety... Never judge someone's cover, but try and reach their core... It is of utmost importance, my baby girl." If it was even possible, my eyes widened even more after hearing what the cloud had said about Yongguk. It was impossible, Yongguk didn't even have a core! He was bad evil till the depths of his toes! The cloud started to fade away as a wind started rising again. My mom was fading, again. She was going to leave me, again. "No... Wait, no. No! NO! Don't go! Mom?! Mom! Don't... don't leave me! Don't leave me again, mom! I... I need you, dad needs you! Come back, mom!" I tried to grab the last bit of cloud that belonged to her, but she faded in front of my eyes, disappearing into the nightsky. "Mom...." A tear rolled down over my cheek, but I didn't care about wiping it away. "I love you, baby girl...