part i.

The Bridesmaid

There are a lot of things in life which Teyeon deems magical. Like how a baby can hold his breath for so long inside his mother's womb only to have his first taste of life nine months later; how no one can actually see air and yet everyone knows it's there. How seasons change, turning rain into snow or how waves seems to just come and go. Like how in a count of seven billion wandering souls in this earth, one would always find that someone whom they would want to spend their lifetimes with. How two people can find each other in a world full of unknown strangers.

A miracle. Taeyeon considers falling in love as a miracle. For her, nothing can be more magical than two people liking each other at the same time. And Taeyeon yearns for that kind of magic.

Weddings serve as the eternal seal to that miracle. An event that celebrates how two people become one, and Taeyeon loves them beyond compare.

She had been in an awful lot of weddings given that she is a social butterfly, friends with everyone and loved by everyone. Little by little, she watches as her friends find happiness with the love of their lives. She watches with longing eyes as the bride walks slowly, almost breathtakingly so, into the aisle fully adorned with beauty and that glow that only brides seem to exude. She takes note of the beautiful smile that never seem to leave her face (weddings are really one of the most joyful events in a person's life Taeyeon thinks). But if there is one thing that she had always revered in weddings, it's not the fancy bridal gown nor the pretty internal decors that adorns the place. No, it's definitely not that.

It's the look in the bride's eyes as she walks into the aisle, slowly, into the arms of the waiting groom. Those smiles in their faces, that certain bliss that show in their eyes; it's unexplainable really, how one can compress that much love in those tiny moments. In those fleeting moments when the brides meets the groom's eyes as they exchange silent promises of 'this, this would be our forever right here'.

"Hey, Kim Taeyeon, get yourself together!" Yoona, her best friend, pulled her hair as she take another sniff and swiftly wipe the tears in her eyes. She looked at her and frowned at her snickering smile. "Don't you think it's weird that you're crying more than the bride? People will start to think you're against this wedding," she says quietly but Taeyeon had known Im Yoona long enough to find that hint of mockery in her voice. Yeah, so much for being their campus sweetheart.

"Shut up," she manages to say as she not-so-femininely blows into her handkerchief which made this really embarrassing sound that made the people around stare at the in scrutiny. Well at least not she already has a hanky. You can just imagine the look on the Bae Suzy's mother when she started blowing her nose on her gown's lace. But that is a story of another time.

"It's just that—weddings are so beautiful..." she looked at her friends dreamily and added, "Don't you think so?" in which Yoona just chuckled and shook her head. She had been friends with Taeyeon long enough to ignore her friend's creepy obssession with weddings.

Taeyeon watched Soojung and Jongin exchange their vows and promises to love each other forever, through thick and thin, until death would tear them apart, and Taeyeon finds herself tearing up once again. Her hands clasped together on her chest with that dreamy smile etched on her lips.

She watches as Jongin pulled off Soojung's veil, how he smirked to the crowd and bit his lips like the little tease that he is, before looking into Soojung's eyes. Eyes full of love and affection and endearment and all those pretty words that describes two people who are hopelessly in love and then he leans in, sharing their very first kiss as husband and wife. Everyone claps at the wonderful couple, some of Jongin's friends catcalling and shouting inappropriate things but the people paid no heed. It was such a beautiful moment and Taeyeon finds herself clapping like one of those people in Ellen de Generes' show when they find Iphones beneath their seats. She could feel her face distorting once more as she tries to suppress a sob. She bet she looks very unattractive right now, with all the moisture and the snot on her face but she doesn't care. It's a good thing everyone is too engrossed with the couple in front that they wouldn't see her like this cause really, it would be a disas—

Click.

"What the—" Taeyeon flinches at the sound of the shutter. Another bunch of clicks are heard before she finds where the sounds are coming from. When she looked a up, she is met with a boyish smirk dwelling behind a fancy camera from across the aisle. The man winks at her before taking another picture that would surely be on one of the wedding album's pages.

Taeyeon clenches her fist as blood starts rushing through her head. Another addition to her embarrassing photo collection series, wedding edition. All courtesy of the devil personified, Byun Baekhyun.

As she hears a chuckle from across the distance where Baekhyun is scanning through her pictures, Taeyeon contemplates on how good killing a photographer would look in her bucketlist.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Really though, out of all the decent photographers in our country—and by decent, I mean human—why did it have to be Byun Baekhyun? It's not like he's the only photographer that covers weddings." Taeyeon mumbled as she not so gracefully chomped down her food.

"I heard Jongin is a friend of his, and come on, forget the bromance thing. Have you seen his pictures? They're beautiful." Yoona tries to reason with her friend but seeing the murderous glint in her eyes, she figured that there is no use. "It's really weird though, how come in every wedding that you've been invited to, he always shows up as the photographer?" Yoona cocked her head in amusement. "Kinda sounds like fate, don't you think?"

"More like eternal torture to me," Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

"Shut up, the guy's just doing his work."

"Oh yeah? Does dedicating an entire page of our friends' wedding albums to me and my snot filled face part of his work? Now don't get me started with the photos on Seohyun's wedding cause that still leaves a scar on my dignity."

Taeyeon remembers that moment like it just happened yesterday. For some very unfortunate reason, she ended up tripping in her own gown as she march down the aisle and that Byun Baekhyun brat, being the amazing photographer that he is, managed to capture that exact moment in a perfect shot. It ended up being the most talked about picture in the entire history of wedding pictures.

"I told you, you should have worn lesser heels that day. That is what you get for not listening to me,"

"My point is," she casted a pointed look on her friend's face, "why is he doing this to me? I mean, it's not like I've done something bad for him to make my life a living album of embarrassing photos and disastrous entourages,"

"Maybe," Yoona scoots her voice in a low teasing whisper. "maybe he likes you,"

Taeyeon laughs out loud before rolling her eyes. "Oh please, I would rather live with my family's curse and never be wed for the rest of my life than to be involved with that oaf."

"So you'd rather die alone than to score a deal with Mr. Pretty Boy over there? I mean have you seen him?" Yoona's gaze begins to scan the crowd for the young photographer and Taeyeon's eyes followed after.

They see him in the middle of those familiar yet not too familiar people in a corner. He counts to three as he urges them to smile for the camera which is not that hard really, seeing that the boy is smiling too himself. Baekhyun's smile is actually captivating, not that Taeyeon would ever admit to that. It's the kind of smile that pulls you into smiling as well. Taeyeon notices how his eyes turn into crescent moons when he flashes those canine teeth in a blinding smile, and Taeyeon breaks her gaze because she's starting to feel something in the brink of attraction for the man's looks.

"He's hot," Yoona says. Taeyeon looks at him again. He is now playing with those little children that in one way managed to gather around him. She takes a closer look at the man's profile, taking note of how he stands out in that casual wear of his, all dark jeans and plaid shirts, in place filled with dress shirts and ties. When he ruffles one boy's hair and take a few shots of the children's happy grin, she again looks away.

"Being attractive doesn't make him less evil," she says as she tries to casually drink her cola whilst trying her best not to look the boy again. Yeah, she tells herself, being cute doesn't mean he's tamed. Flashes of those embarrassing photos fogged her mind, pushing the man's bright smile behind.

Taeyeon inhaled deeply, "And besides, Sehun looks waaaay better than him."

If Yoona tenses at the sudden mention of the name, Taeyeon doesn't notice cause she's busy cocking her head from left to right in search for that handsome figure. "Where is he by the way?"

"He's uh," Yoona cleared which suddenly feels so dry. "He's with Jongin."

Taeyeon looks at her with a smile in her face. Yoona looks away. "You know what, it really amazes me how you two always, always know where the other is. It's like you two installed some kind of tracking device to each other." she chuckled. Yoona awkwardly laughed along. "Like, there is this one time when you went to the cinema yourself and I wanted to look for you. When I asked Sehun, he even texted me your exact seat number. It was amazing really," she says between chuckles.

Yoona's brow furrowed in confusion. She never heard of this. "He did?"

"Yeah, it's like you two are connected by the soul," she commented. "or was that too dramatic," she scrunched her nose. She really needs to lay off those cheesy dramas.

"It's instincts, I guess." she chuckled. "C-Childhood friends, remember?" Taeyeon smiles at this.

It is not a secret that Sehun and Yoona goes way back since they already knew each other since kindergarten. It hasn't been long since Sehun returned from the States, clearly shocking Yoona. She introduced him to the gang and managed to be a part of them during their last year at the U. It was also never a secret, well except to Sehun, that Taeyeon had been totally smitten by the boy even before he managed to say his first hello. She'a been liking him to death since then.

Taeyeon sighed. "Isn't it amazing though, my best friend is my future husband's childhood best friend." she giggles at the thought. "I should really be thanking you cause you're the reason why I met him in the first place,"

"Y-Yeah...about that," Yoona bit her lip. "Taeyeon, there is actually something I need to tell you."

"What?" Taeyeon answered, not taking her eyes off the delicious drink she's now sipping. "What is this? Melon?" she asks, clearly distracted. "No, it kinda tastes like strawberry." making conversations with herself is becoming a thing for her. Taeyeon sometimes wonders if she should be alarmed.

"It's about Sehun..." she breathed in deeply. "The truth is I am—"

"YA! KIM TAEYEON! IM YOONA!!" a high pitched shout was heard cutting Yoona from her talk. The two turned around only to be met by the most beautiful and loveliest woman tonight. Soojung ran to both of them and the two ran to meet her halfway, heels and fancy dresses ignored. Then they began doing this embarrassing happy girl dance and the people started hushing away but the bride is on their side so Taeyeon finds herself not caring.

When they break off the hug, Taeyeon pushed Soojung's forehead lightly. "You really got married you brat!" she said in which Soojung just nodded happily. She raised her left hand and showed both of them the beautiful wedding ring that both Jongin and her picked. Taeyeon stared at it dreamily before smiling at Soojung once again. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Never in my wildest dreams have I seen the day that our maknae would be the first of us three to be wed," Yoona huffed.

"It's because I'm the prettiest of us three, that's why."

Taeyeon scoffed. "Already married and everything but still a brat so I see. I'm looking forward as to how Kim Jongin will tame you given that we've been trying to do so for years."

"That's gonna take a while though, knowing how hard-headed our Soojung is," Yoona comments and Soojung smiles.

There it is, the look on Soojung's eyes. The look that reminds Taeyeon why wedding had always been so special for her. Right now, Taeyeon doesn't see that whiny brat who always uses aegyo to lure them both into buying her things nor that little girl who cries whenever things doesn't go her way. No, that girl is long gone. Here in front of her stands a woman who eyes on to the future with a man by her side to hold her hand through it. She sees a woman so in love and a woman who looks forward to tomorrows and reveres back to the past. When she looks at Soojung's eyes, she sees contentment and happiness, and Taeyeon smiles.

"That's no problem. We have a lifetime to figure that out," she says as she looks at her husband, animatedly talking to their guests, looking as handsome and as perfect as when she first laid her eyes on him at History class. He looks her way and their eyes meet and she smiles. No particular reason, she just smiles.

A miracle happens when two people falls in love with each other at the same time. Taeyeon smiles at the miracle displayed in front of her eyes right now.

She pulled her friend's shoulders so that Soojung is looking at her in the eye. "Just, be happy okay." she says gently, her eyes blurring from tears of happiness. Soojung smiles at her with equal affection. Her eyes tearing up as well.

"Okay," she nodded and the three of them hugged once again.

Moments later and Soojung found herself being dragged by her new husband. As Jongin pulled Soojung possessively by the waist, Soojung was reminded of her bridal duties and so she and her husband waved goodbye.

"They love each other so much that it's starting to look disgusting," Yoona says.

Taeyeon just chuckles. "Shut up, it's cute. They do suit each other really well."

"Yeah, I knew those two would end up together," Yoona proudly said, arms folded at her chest as they eye the couple.

"Why do you say so?"

"You know, Jongin is like the male version of Soojung." seeing that the explanation isn't enough judging by the way Taeyeon gives her that look she has when their Physics instructor starts cursing theories and formulas at them in class, she ought to elaborate more. "Those two have so much in common that it feels like I am seeing one person in the two of them. Like, even before they decide to be together, I've already seen them as one,"

"Now, you just made my head ache." Taeyeon said with that all too familiar blank look on her face.

"They're—They have too many similarities," she tried again. "Whenever I look at Jongin, I see Soojung and whenever I look at Soojung, I see Kim Jongin."

"Aaaaah," Taeyeon sighed in feigned understanding. "I get it."

"No you don't,"

"Yeah, but at least you agreed that they do look good together, so I'm all good." she said and Yoona laughs once again. She finds her friend's stupidity amusing at times, except when they are in the kitchen, cause Taeyeon's stupidity, plus a room filled with all the possible hazards harmful to life is definitely not a good tandem.

"I'm still making you my bridesmaid in my wedding though, I'm sure Sehun would want that too." Taeyeon says with a chuckle while giving Yoona her if-you-know-what-I-mean look, and Yoona knows what she means, which brings us back to that thing she wants to say moments back.

She was about to open again but her friend is already talking animatedly while pointing at those funny people at the reception, making fun at the way one girl wore her dress or how those shoes doesn't match her clothes or how wearing that shirt should be illegal in every country and all those ridiculous things that make Taeyeon laugh so heartily and Yoona thinks she might as well postpone this talk again tonight.

There is no way she would want that smile wiped off her friend's face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung," Kyungsoo shouted from the dark room of their studio. His voice echoing through the walls cause really, it's not that much of a dark room than it is Baekhyun's own walk-in closet.

Baekhyun hummed in recognition as he wipes the lens of his camera. They just covered Kim Jongin's wedding and he feels tired as hell. He'll remember asking him for a bonus lunch in return.

"Why are these all of that noona's face again?" he asks.

"Which noona?" he asks fluently, not really minding what their conversation is about.

"That bridesmaid noona,"

Baekhyun quirks up a smile at this; his mind flashes hearty laughters, snot filled nose and tear wrecked face, his attention momentarily disrupted from his camera before answering his little assistant's question with another question. "Why? You like her?"

"No," Kyungsoo then props his head outside the room. "it's just that you take too many pictures of her. Hey, maybe you like her." his wide eyes full of mirth in being able to tease his hyung.

Baekhyun just laughs gently. He's now scanning a couple of pictures he has yet to develop through his camera. He stops at a particular photo where a familiar lady in a bridesmaid's gown, "I just find her interesting that's all." another photo of her scowling at the camera, her nose scrunched into an annoyed huff.

"Really interesting," Baekhyun says with a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Taeyeon is going to kill me!!" Yoona covered her face with the pillow in her couch, wondering if she could kill herself first before her best friend does.

A man reached for the popcorn conveniently sprawled in front of them and tried to drown the girl's whines in a classic symphony of disney music. "I'm gonna die, and I'm gonna die a painful death. What should I do? What should I do?!"

"Hey, can you please keep it down? I'm trying to watch a very sophisticated movie here," Sehun said, his mouth full of popcorn and junkfoods. Too much for being an attractive god, just to quote Kim Taeyeon's words.

Yoona lifted her head from the confinement of her pillow and threw Sehun an angry look. "What sophisticated movie? You're watching a movie intended for children seven years old and below. You don't even make the cut!"

"Disney movies are timeless," Sehun argued, "and besides, it's getting to the good part." his eyes widens with agitation and excitement. "Ya! She can't speak you moron! That evil squid stole her voice! Tell him Yoona, TELL HIM!!" he animatedly shouted. Yoona shook her head. Her boyfriend could really be immersed with his disney movie obsession sometimes. Okay, scratch that. Most of the times.

Yoona looked at him sternly. "Ya, is the Little Mermaid more important than me being decapitated by my own best friend?!" she whines, "and Ursula is an octopus, not a squid you moron!" she adds.

Sehun smiles at her at this. He begins to move closer to her and pull her closer to him, his shoulders looking like the best place for Yoona to lean on, and so she does.

"Of course not, you are far more important than all those disney princesses combined," he said. It's cheesy, but it made Yoona smile. "but Ariel seeing the prince again is definitely a big milestone and—ow." his words are cut off by a big blow on the face courtesy of Yoona and her pillow.

Yoona frowned and pinched Sehun's nose. He always hates it when she does that. "I don't know why I agreed to date you," Sehun chuckled amd pulled Yoona in him again, this time making sure that he gives her all the warmth he could give. Yoona is still annoyed but she is never the one to say no to pleasant cuddlings, especially if it's with Oh Sehun.

"You're hopelessly in love with me and has been dreaming of me ever since kindergarten, that's why." he says, Yoona only manages to huff out a protest through his chest.

"I don't remember it being that way,"

"Okay, okay. So maybe, I was the one who's been having dreams of you since kindergarten, but who's counting right?" Yoona feels her cheeks warm at this. Sehun really has a way with words that always manages to make her feel giddy and warm and loved. "You still love me anyway,"

"Still a mystery to me though, given the fact that you're an idiot and a brat."

Sehun hugged her closer, his chin resting on Yoona's head like it fits perfectly there. "It's because of my good looks. My good looks overshadows everything," and Yoona laughs. Her boyfriend's confidence sky-rocketing to the moon once more.

Yoona inched closer to Sehun's embrace. Yes. Yes, she's dating Oh Sehun. The very same Oh Sehun that her best friend, Kim Taeyeon, had been liking for quite some time now.

It feels so wrong but Yoona ponders on that very night, a few months ago, when the boy came up to her. Nose and cheeks tinged red from the cold, huffs and pants coming out as white fog in the air. She remembers how amazing and how perfect he looks, almost ethereally so, as he held on to her hand, looked into her eyes and then confessed his love for her right then and there.

Yoona fills her mind with thoughts of how Sehun told her he's been in love with her since that first time she lent him her red crayon in art class at kindergarten, how he's been loving her ever since, and how she's the only reason he decided to go back from the States, leaving everything behind, just to see her again.

She finds herself smiling and nodding at the boy moments later as she rushed to him, hugging him tight, cause to hell with those consequences and bad choices, she loves Sehun too; has been loving him since he first sat next to him in kindergarten.

It's only moments after their sudden confessions that Yoona's hit with a sudden pang of guilt because, Taeyeon. She knows of Taeyeon's feelings towards Sehun. She knows everything, she is her best friend. But still, here she is, falling more and more in love with the man every day, and it just feels so wrong.

"Hey," Sehun played with her hair affectionately, "I don't know why Taeyeon knowing about us would ruin your friendship, but I know you girls. There is no way you two would break apart just because one is in a relationship." he tries to comfort her.

"You don't know anything," Yoona whispered.

"Yeah, and I intend to keep it that way please. Thank you very much." Yoona knows how Sehun would always keep himself off from Taeyeon and her best friend thingies. He claims it to be too girly for his manly taste.

It actually surprises Taeyeon how the boy manages to be so oblivious with Taeyeon's feelings for him. Everyone knows she likes him, even Yixing, and Yixing doesn't even have a clue of what he's doing half the time.

"Shouldn't you be telling Taeyeon about us now though? You know, we've been preparing for the wedding for weeks now and—" Yoona jumps out from his embrace at this which obviously surprised Sehun. She suddenly feels guilty of showing such reaction just when the man mentioned something about their wedding.

"C-Could we just, wait a little more? I need more time,"

"Time for what? Come on Yoona, if something is wrong you can tell me. We'll figure things out," he says. Yoona knows she's being unfair to him right now. She's been making decisions on her own, not even telling him what is wrong. She knows Sehun is also being driven off the edge because of her actions but she doesn't know what else to do.

Sehun looked at her in the eye and her vision suddenly became full of the man's attractive features. "I am in love with you," he says it with so much conviction and sincerity that it reminds Yoona of why she agreed to this in the first place. "I have been waiting all these years for you to be mine and I want to marry you as soon as possible. I don't see anything wrong with that," Yoona almost wants to reach his forehead and wipe away that frown that shows his frustration with this entire situation.

"I know, I know Sehun, and I love you too." she says as she softly cupped his face with her hands giving him soft caresses which she hopes could wipe away the worry off his thoughts. She finds herself falling into the tip of an iceberg when Sehun leans into her touch, shifting his face so that he can kiss Yoona's hand softly.

You see, this is why Yoona finds this so hard. She wants Sehun so bad, but she can't afford to lose Taeyeon in the process. Yoona is torn, and it feels like she can't do anything to fix it either.

It seems like the worry is shown on her face since Sehun's gaze softens, taking Yoona's hands in his, giving her all the warmth he could give. He pulls her to a tight hug while kissing the top of her head, and Yoona finds herself leaning into him more. It's nice actually, how she fits perfectly under Sehun's hold. It's like she sees herself melting into the boy everytime he holds her close like this, and it feels nice.

"Alright, I understand." he sighs, Yoona's hair lovingly. "You can take your time telling your friends about us," he says softly and Yoona feels hot tears burning in her eyes. She inched deeper into Sehun's touch and nods softly while thanking the gods for giving her an Oh Sehun in her life.

"Thank you," she whispers.

"But not until our next monthsary, we can't postpone the preparations for this wedding any longer." he says and Yoona breaks away from his embrace to look at him, taking in all the perfection that Oh Sehun is. Not just physically, but deep down as well. He smiles at her and Yoona finds that warm affection threatening to burst out from her chest again. "I can't afford you changing your mind you know,"

Yoona laughs at this because in reality, it is actually her who is afraid that Sehun might disappear any moment. That everything is just a part of some sweet dream and she can wake into reality any time soon.

"I should be the one saying that," she voices out. Yoona looks at him from head to foot, "Should I put a sign on you from now on? So that those es can get their hands off my husband?"

Sehun giggles like a child at Yoona's sudden statement. She is never the one to initiate cheesy lines, but somehow, tonight feels different. "Oh, what should I do with you? You're totally head over heels for me!" he exclaims before pulling her into another tight hug. "Curse me and my awfully good looks," he says and Yoona is laughing once again.

She puts her hands around Sehun and hugs him just as tight as though letting him know that she wants this too. She wants Sehun and she wants to marry him and be the mother of all the his children. But she loves Taeyeon too. She just can't be selfish and throw their friendship just like that.

She buries her nose into Sehun's embrace. He had always been warm, and Yoona's never been a fan of the cold. "Hey, Taeyeon told me about the cinema. How did you know my exact seat number?"

"I was kinda stalking you," he laughs. "I guess I'm the one who's head over heels after all." he pulls her closer. "Ah, this hurts my pride."

Yoona laughs. She wants to continue being like this with Sehun. She can imagine the future winters and Christmas eves tucked into Sehun's warm embrace just like this. Sees the next years and centuries with this man by her side, and she knows she'd regret it big time if she let this go.

And so what needs to be done should be done. It's just that, she needs more time.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: so this is the first chapter everyone. i hope you liked it. few more chapters to go.

a/n2: comments and upvotes are deeply appreciated. subscribe is loved too.

a/n3: i love you as much as i love baekhyun's kkaepssongs.