Truth

Disguise under the sun

                The next morning, Keito plans to visit Karina in her room but the maid says that she already out for walk with Rin. He asks where the princess and her lady royal but no one knows where since the palace is way too big and has several gardens. He wants to order Ryosuke to search for them but he already asks him to prepare send messenger to his father about his condition.

                “What do you want with the girls?” ask Yuri who seem read his mind while he wandering around the ground.

                Keito really surprise to see that samurai in middle of training; swinging his sword without afraid it slash anyone. He mind his distance from Yuri before asks, “You know where both of them are?”

                Yuri slash the decoy with strong swing before says, “Even if I know both of them, I won’t tell you. I really hate someone like you suddenly come into this kingdom and announce you will get marry with Princess of Elmina. I’m sure you have tricked since there are plenty people who want this kingdom ruin to take away the wealth.”

                “I’m not that kind of people…” Keito can’t finish his words as Yuri point his sword straight to his throat in seconds. Yuri coldly says, “If you hurt Karina-hime or lady royal Rin, this sword will pierce through your body that make your soul go up there.”

                “Why you really hate me?” ask Keito as realize Yuri always rude with him.

                Yuri keep his sword before says, “Why don’t you think it by yourself?” he walk away from that place as he need to get ready for his task.

**********************

                “Rin-hime, I won’t agree if you want to take over the throne officially. The situation still dangerous for that.” Say Karina when Rin finishes tell her wish.

                Rin pushes the wheelchair before lock to avoid moving, “I don’t want to endanger you anymore. Being lady royal could guarantee your safety.”

                “I don’t think. My mom is same like me and I couldn’t see what’s mean by guarantee my safety.” Say Karina. She looks towards her princess, “I will only stop when the right time come. I already promise to previous king to take care of you until the end.”

                “But I will tell them about our disguises to avoid more confusion and maybe we can ask help from them.” Say Rin and Karina only say that she will follow everything.

                After that, both of them go to horse stable to check their horses. Karina pets her white house while saying, “Gomen ne for not bringing you for ride since many things happen. I will bring you for ride soon.”

                “Why don’t you ride it today? Since your leg not really hurt right now.” Say Rin.

                Karina slowly stand up while acting like she still injured before get on the horse after the people put the stable on the horse. She rides it slowly while enjoying the scenery in front of her eyes. Rin join her few moments after that while saying, “It’s been awhile we ride leisurely.”

                “Yeah, Shiro and Kuroi love to walk together.” Say Karina.

                “Of course since both of them are twins.” Say Rin. They ride it around the ground for awhile before return to palace as they still have some business that need to be complete.

***************

                Keito found both of the girls when come to meal time. He asks, “Why it really hard to meet both of you?”

                Rin answer on Karina’s behalf, “We have many things that need to be done. Karina-hime is not free like you since she is the ruler of Elmina.”

                Karina put down her forks and spoon before says, “Keito, could we have a talk after this, in private? There is something important that I have to let you know.”

                “Okay…” Keito could only say that. Karina exchange glance with Rin while make sure no one would notice it.

                After the meal, Keito give another order to Ryosuke as he thinks that samurai need something to distract him, “I want you to buy Karina-hime’s favourite flower that I heard it can be purchase only at outskirt of Elmina. I’m thinking to give that to her as to congrate her recovery.”

                “As you wish, my prince.” Say Ryosuke with polite bow before leave the place.

                Keito walks towards Ikebana room where he will have talk with Karina alone… or that what he thought before notice Rin also in the room. Their clothes also change that make him asks, “Both of you play dress-up again?”

                Usually, Karina will say something but at that time, she’s look different. Rin says, “No, we didn’t play that game right now and the truth is we never play that game. We always serious in doing our ‘role’. Karina-chan becomes Princess of Elmina because of my late father’s order.”

                “Are you serious?” Keito could see hint of sadness in Karina’s eyes but know he can’t ask for that.

                “Yes, we’re serious. She obeys it because it is for my safety. I get death threat from many people who jealous with this kingdom’s wealthy.” Say Rin.

                “But how you do your task if she become princess?” ask Keito.

                Rin says, “She always makes decision based on what I already tell her. I never have doubt of her since she has same thinking with me in everything that involves formal matter.”

                “What make you really believe on her without afraid of anything?” ask Keito.

                Rin a bit angry with that question but she manage to regain her calm composure before says, “Both of us know each other ever since we’re baby. Her mother is my mom’s lady royal and our connection stronger than anyone else. For someone that loses her entire family, Karina is the only family member that I have along with her family that never treat me as princess or stranger.”

                “But it doesn’t change anything about danger.” Say Keito.

                Karina suddenly says, “As long Rin-hime is safe, I don’t care about the danger. My life already devote for Rin-hime’s life.”

                “Both of us really hope you could hide about this matter. It involves this kingdom’s fate.” Say Rin with powerful tone to show she’s serious about it.

                The tense atmosphere doesn’t lose-up as long silent in that room until a knock stop it. The maid from outside the room says, “Karina-hime, Lady royal Rin, I want to inform you that kimono that you will wear for tonight’s party already in your rooms.”

                “Thank you so much and tell those who already finish their works that they could get rest.” Say Karina before the maid left the hallway.

                “Oh, you will attend party that held by Phatomhive Company?” ask Keito as he also gets invitation for that company. He gets an idea, “I should both of you since I know I need to help both of you to hide this matter while make sure no one suspect anything.”

******************

                Ryosuke surprise to see the person who is the same person who asks him to kill the princess of Elmina when he waits for the bouquet that he order to be done. He asks, “Why you’re here?”

                “I think you need to know this as soon this kingdom will fall apart. We will kidnap the princess and kill her.” say the person.

                Ryosuke really surprise to hear that, “No, that princess just recovers from injuries and I’m sure the security still tight on her. It will be hard just to get close with her.”

                “You don’t have to worry about it since we already send someone that will act as guest in party that they will attend tonight. We will abduct her before make our demand. We already wait too long for that.” Say the person before leave him alone. Ryosuke can’t give any response to that sudden change of plans. When the bouquet ready, he take and pay it before rush back to palace.

                He knows they need to know about that but he confuse on what he should do. The only reason why he agrees to join the plan because the ruler of Elmina that kill his family but when he tries to dig it out, it turn something that totally different from what he used to know. His heart feel being crush when see all of them busy over something.

                He gives the flower bouquet to Keito and the prince says, “Thank you, Ryosuke. I hope she will be happy with this bouquet.”

                Keito gives the bouquet to Karina and she happily receive it, “Wow, this is really beautiful. Where you know about this flower is my favourite?”

                “I heard from someone about it.” Say Keito.

Karina could guess it since those flowers grow only at outskirt Elmina which make her rarely tell anyone about. She asks, “Do you want to know why I love this flower?”

                “Because this flower has same name with you?” guess Keito.

                Karina smiles, “You are partially right about it. My late mom names it after me because it is flower that my dad used to propose her. This flower means ‘never ending fight for future’. When I know about it, I begin love with it. It holds memories of my parents and also me.”

                “Karina-hime, you need to get ready for the party.” Say the maid and Karina excuse herself together with Rin.

*******************

                Ryosuke really want to follow them but they are not allowed to join the party.  When he gets chance, he tries to warn Karina, “Karina-hime, I want to advise you that you better don’t go for that party. It will only cause bad things.”

                “Ryosuke-san, even it will cost my life, I still attend that party. I never afraid to risk my life over something like that. Thank you so much for telling me.” Say Karina with gentle smile. Before she leaves, she says, “I heard you get same crystal with Rin… that crystal also could search for truth that you want.”

                “How you could know about that?” ask Ryosuke. Karina only smile before leave the place to join Rin and Keito. Ryosuke wonder how that princess could be so calm when know it may lead to death.

                He take out the crystal that he bought together with Rin and begin think about what make he lose his family. Suddenly, someone appear in front of him before says, “Wah, I never think Ryoichi’s son will grow up into such a great samurai.”

                “That my dad’s real name. How you could know about that?” say Ryosuke in surprise. He thinks he has meets that person when they bring Karina to hospital, “You’re Karina-hime’s guardian.”

                “Let’s talk about it at other place that safe for both of us.” Say Ryuta.

                Both of them walk to place where it gives more privacy before Ryuta tells him, “Ryoichi and I are twin brothers. No one really knows about our real existence as it is against the norm where a ninja married with a samurai. We being raise in two different environments to avoid anyone realize our truth but there always someone that want to ruin our life…”

                When he knows everything, he asks, “What make you want to tell everything to me?”

                “That crystal tells me that I should let you know everything. Maybe you don’t know about it but it always lead to anything you want, no matter what it is.” Say Ryuta.

                “It is true that you’re a ninja?” ask Ryosuke.

                “I will leave that to your imagination.” Say Ryuta before disappear from that place.

*******************

                Karina on purpose separate from Keito and Rin to lure those who target her, walk around the place. She knows her life may end at that night but she’s ready for it. The only reason why she doesn’t allow those samurai to follow them is to avoid more damage if it involves other people.

                She walks to balcony where it out from the busy party. She looks towards the night sky before says, “It really great you move freely without no one realize that you’re enemy that target my life.”

                “Wow, I admit that I really impress that you know about me. I thought you will let everything to your samurai and lady royal since even for formal business, you let her to do it.” Say the person.

                Karina snicker, “Her intelligence really good when comes to right time and only me could use that I know how to control it.”

                “But it consider that you’re stupid since you face us alone.” say the person. Karina surprise but can’t react as something hit her that make her lose conscious at that place. They bring Karina away from that party place without make anyone notice their princess already being abducted.