Meeting them

Disguise under the sun

                After the meeting end, Karina and Keito decide to take a walk at one of garden in the palace compound without Rin and Ryosuke as the prince want to say something to her while wait for the meal being served. He says, “I feel really relieve to see you in good condition. I heard many rumors that said you in bad condition until the kingdom almost fall apart after the king’s... I mean your father’s death.”

                Karina replies with gentle smiles before deny it politely about her ba condition but in her mind, “Of course I’m in good condition as it was Rin-hime and not me. I’m just someone that use royal identity for her safety.”

                Karina a bit worries when the prince suddenly stops walking and could only wait for him to talk. “Actually, I also relieve to know that Princess of Elmina really beautiful.” Say Keito as he looks deeply into Karina’s eyes.

                She flinches to hear it and her heart suddenly get bad feeling about it plus what she called stupid rapid beating but she force herself to ask, “Why you relieve? Afraid this diplomatic relationship will ruin if I’m ugly?” she knows even she is not the real princess, she need to play well like a real princess.

                Keito pull her chin gently as saying, “People always said that beautiful wife really make heart ease and I’m sure my days always light up because of you. I hope you didn’t forget that our dad already make agreement that both of us will get married when we grow-up but it seem I can’t wait for it. Your beauty really makes anyone fall for you and I don’t want it happen.”

                Karina’s blood suddenly rushes to her face but she quickly tells herself that he’s not for her, but for Rin who is the real princess. She scolds herself in her mind, “Don’t fall to him as you’re only a lady royal that becomes decoy for Rin-hime’s fate. You will only get hurt at the end if you fall for him.”

                Keito smiles and slowly close the distance between his face with hers but suddenly, a sword come between them that make he abruptly moves away from her. Karina notices it is Yuri who point the sword to the prince and he says, “Don’t you think you could do something indecent on my princess. I don’t know what kind of culture you have in your kingdom but never think you could touch her easily as long I’m here.”

                “Yuri-n… san, please careful with your sword. We don’t want any harm happen to Prince of Luka. He is our important guest.” Karina really want to avoid scold her brother even during she act as princess. Yuri reluctantly keeps his sword with a tiny groan and Karina bows Keito, “I really apologize with my samurai’s attitude. He tends to be protective.”

                “I just don’t want filthy hand touch you.” say Yuri and she quickly cover his mouth as she knows her brother tend to say something cruel without care of any respect when it involve her. It take awhile before he says, “I’m here to inform that the meal is ready.”

                “Thank you for informing us, Yuri.” Say Karina.

                “So, you’re Yuri, her samurai.” Say Keito but Yuri quickly cut, “Only Karina-hime and royal lady Rin that allow calling me with that name.” He leaves them before anything worse could happen.

                “I really apologize on his behalf. He may not look like that but he is really sensitive person. So, let’s go to dining hall. We shouldn’t let everyone wait for us.” Say Karina and both of them walk to dining hall where everyone already there, waiting for them. Karina silently exchange glance with Rin and literally says that everything is fine.

***********************

                At night, Karina changes back into her royal lady kimono and bring dinner to Rin’s room as she requests to eat alone in her room. She lightly knocks the door and says, “Rin-hime, I already bring dinner for you. Sorry for disturbing you.”

                She opens the door and carefully get into the room before serve the dinner. She wants leave the room after that but Rin asks her to stay and asks, “Karina-chan, could you stay as princess a bit longer?”

                “You still worry about it, don’t you?” ask Karina. Actually, Rin should already take over after they manage to stop the ruckus but for some reason, she doesn’t want to do it. She could only smile as she knows what in her princess’s mind and says, “Your order is my life. Even if you ask me to sacrifice my life, I will do it.”

                “I would never ask you to do that no matter what happen. Even Yuri-kun too.” Say Rin.

                “You don’t have to worry about it and eat your dinner. Even the situation already calm down but we can’t lose out our guard.” Say Karina. Rin feels relieve to hear it before eat her dinner calmly and chat sometimes. They still need to be careful with everything as the guests in staying in their palace for several days.

                Suddenly, Karina remember something and tells Rin, “It seem king had made agreement with King of Luka that Prince Keito will get married with Princess of Elmina when they grow up.”

                “Princess of Elmina? It’s that mean me?” ask Rin and Karina could nod to reply it. They don’t realize that Yuri eavesdrop their conversation from outside and he feel pain at his heart that make him clutch it. Rin ask why but the royal lady doesn’t know how to answer that question.

******************

                Ryosuke get phone call from someone that saying, “I hope you didn’t forget to bring head of Elmina princess to me.”

                “Why it must to be me? I never want to do this.” say Ryosuke.

                The person at the end of the phone says in stern tone, “The only reason why I allow you to follow Keito dono-sama because I know you could kill that stupid princess. Her father is the one who kill your family just to make sure he gets wealth. Don’t you ever dare to soft-hearted on that princess, remember?”

Flashback~~

                Since Karina and Keito go out for a walk, he decides to have conversation with Rin who seem worry over her princess. He says, “Keito-dono will never harm your princess. You don’t have to worry of it.”

                “I know about it but it just… nothing…” Rin doesn’t know how to continue her words.

                “You and princess look really close. How long you already become her royal lady?” say Ryosuke to avoid the situation become awkward.

                Rin thinks for awhile, “I become her royal lady ever since kids as I really hate to see her feeling sad or lonely. Since she was born as our princess, she lives in very strict lifestyle and never seen outside world until she’s old enough to do that but more as her duty. Many people in this kingdom depend on her but she doesn’t have anyone to depend on. I want to become someone that she could depend on.” He really surprise to hear such a serious answer from her.

End of flashback~~

********************

                Ryosuke quickly get to Keito’s room as he calls for him. He asks, “Is there anything you need from me, Keito-dono?”

                “I want to ask you opinion about Karina-hime.” Say Keito as he relaxes himself at the balcony. That palace really give calmness that he never feel before as it feel really close to nature while his palace at Luka more to modern style.

                “This is just my humble opinion… she may has strong aura to become ruler of Elmina but she seem doesn’t have any aura like a princess.” Reply Ryosuke.

                Keito smiles, “I know you would say that as I also feel the same. She is not like princesses that I have met before and her royal lady, Rin that give aura like what usual princess have. It suddenly makes me wonder why my father really wants me to get married with her.”

                “Even you ask me about that, I can’t say anything as it is king’s decision. A mere samurai like me can’t ask anything. My task is only to make sure you’re safe from any harm.” Say Ryosuke.

                Keito leave out sigh and give order, “Find more information about Karina-hime, her royal lady and her samurai named Yuri. Somehow, I get a feeling something fishy about this kingdom.”

                “As you wish, Keito dono.” Say Ryosuke as he bows before excuses himself to leave the room and begin his task.

*******************

                On the next morning, Keito decide to greet good morning to Karina but the maids say that she’s not in her room. Ryosuke also follow him with excuses for his safety. He walks around and hears voice from a room. He surprise when listen to conversation from outside the room.

                “Ah, this kimono really makes me feel sweaty.”

                “You have to wear it when you’re a princess.”

                “I’m more comfortable in royal lady’s kimono.” Keito recognize it is Karina’s voice.

                He wants to quickly move from there but accidentally knock down a vase that makes the door suddenly open. Both surprise to see Karina in royal lady’s kimono while Rin in princess’s kimono and their reaction; surprise to see each other.  Keito asks, “Are you actually royal lady?”

                Rin begin panic but Karina quickly says, “No… it just both of us really like to dress-up as each other. I really want to wear something like we used to see on TV but we’re not allowed to wear other than kimono. That’s why I wear royal lady’s kimono when I want change once in a while.”

                “Eh?! You never wear any casual clothes?” ask Keito and Karina only shook her head.

                A maid come and says, “Royal lady Karina….” Karina quickly glares at the maid that makes her quickly fix it, “I apologize… I mean Royal lady Rin and Karina-hime. The breakfast is ready.”

                “Mou, you always like that. You combine my name with Karina-hime as we always together.” Say Rin to avoid the weird atmosphere. Four of them go to dining hall for their breakfast and Karina take the chance to go room where maids rest during their rest time while Rin rest on her room, Keito and Ryosuke go out to visit interesting place in Elmina with help of one of minister.

                The maid bows while saying, “I really want to apologize of what happen. Because of me, everything that you and Rin-hime already done for years will blow out in second.”

                “Don’t worry about it as we know it really hard to do it. Even me and Rin-hime sometimes confuse about our roles.” Say Karina with gentle smile.

                The head of maid asks about Rin’s condition, “She’s fine but a bit tired as last night, she read all documents and make summary for me about her decision for next two day’s meeting. I’m thinking to let her rest all the day and only join us for meal time.”

                “If like that, you will manage everything by yourself today?” ask the head of maid.

                Karina replies politely, “Yes but any decision will be done when Rin-hime back to work.”

                “You also need to get rest as I heard from workers here that you always stay up and meet someone. You keep saying that Rin-hime always work hard but you also the same where you sacrifice your sleep time.” Say the head of maid.

                Karina says, “I just meeting my father as I really worry about his condition. Ever since king’s death, he seems different from the usual father. Even I asks what’s wrong with him, he never want to give proper reply about it.”

                “I understand that you’re worry of him but you need to remember guy would never show his weakness to anyone.” Say the head of maid.

********************

                Ryosuke gives a file that consists of information that Keito asks him to find and watch his prince read it after the finish make their visit. Keito says, “There is nothing weird with the samurai but it seems weird about the other two. That princess and her royal lady seem like they a soul in two bodies.”

                “Before this, no one even met that princess or the royal lady. One day, the king suddenly announce about it with reason, he want everyone know his princess will take over the throne when anything happen. Royal lady Rin always at Karina-hime’s side when doing their duty without fail. There are only several times that the princess couldn’t do her duties with reason that she’s sick but no one could visit her at that moment.” Explain Ryosuke.

                Keito close the file and says, “It really interesting and maybe I plan to stay longer as I know there are secrets in that place and tickle my curiosity.”