Epilogue

Disguise under the sun

                “I know this really cruel but I don’t want to lose you after I lose your brother. So, I decide to ask someone to be you when you need to handle formal events.” Say Rin’s father who is the king of Elmina with weak tone. Many people want to take over to rule the kingdom as it also give mean to control many things in Elmina that riches of sources. Even the king barely survives from many attacks and he really hopes his only hope, Rin could stay alive.

                “But who will act as me, oto-sama?” ask Rin while holding her dad’s hand with full of love from a daughter to her father. She understands it as she grows up with strict life and almost no freedom for her. She never complains of anything as she knows it is for her own safety.

                Her father knocks the wall lightly and a man that slightly older than her dad appear in that room in a blink of eyes. She could see that man has ninja appearance that seem really familiar to her but can’t remember who it is as the person cover his face and only eyes could be seen. Her father asks, “You already do what I ask you?”

                “Yes, my king. Both of them will arrive here soon.” Say the man and she hear knocks the door. Rin really surprise when see it is her royal lady and also her best friend with someone familiar behind the person who will become her decoy.

                Rin quickly says, “No, no, I won’t agree with this. Karina-chan, it would make your life in danger if you become me. You know about it, right? This is not silly things that what you think. I don’t want to lose you like I lose oni-sama and oka-sama.”

                Karina gently smiles even her mind replay the dark tragedy when it snatch her mother and queen’s life before calmly says, “Rin, this will be only for awhile until everything’s clear. We don’t want any harm on you as you’re only our hope for this kingdom.”

                “I will protect both of you from any harm. This is purpose on my life to protect both of you. Like oyaji already protect king for years, I will do the same from now on.” Say Yuri as he grip his sword firmly that rest at his waist stronger to show his determine in his words.

Rin finally realize that man is Karina and Yuri’s father, the most dangerous ninja that only her dad knows his existence. She knows who is him because has meet for several times but never manage to remember his face or name. The king informs them that he will announce about his princess on the next day and they excuse themselves to leave only Rin with her father in that room.

                While walking step away from the room, their father carefully says, “I hope both of you could protect Rin-hime with all your might. She’s the only one heiress of our kingdom or those people will do anything to harm her.”

                “We will give all ours to make sure everything goes without hitch.” Say Yuri.

                “Yuri, I trust your ability within you. Even I’m ninja and you’re a samurai, I believe you could do better than me. Keep in your mind that your master is Rin-hime and follow her words. Both of you are my beloved children but I believe both of you.” Say their father before disappear without trance from there.

                Yuri looks towards the garden near them and says, “You just focus on becoming princess while I do the rest. We have to protect our best friend with our lives.” Even samurai and ninja always fight but for some reason, Yuri could grow up like normal person. Karina’s father found him and take him into the family but Yuri and Karina knows about their father in ninja after they accidentally see their father in ninja clothes where he already train as samurai. Their father never says anything as he has great talent in sword play.

                Yuri silently leaves the place to continue his sword practice while Karina returns to her room to wait orders from Rin when she’s done. Even she is Rin’s royal lady; she can’t join her princess in king’s room. She use the her free time that she rarely get by reading books in the room but her mind keep remembering what her father told her few days ago about the threat that the royal family get. Her father’s words keep reply in her mind, “This matter will involve life and death. The king could only survive for short time and you should mind this is serious matter. I know both of you still kids but this matter would never concern of age.”

****************

Few years after~~

                Karina carefully but in fast pace walks towards Rin’s room because she get inform that they get guest from other kingdom. She gets into the room after knock the door and her best friend quickly says, “You should dress-up faster as we shouldn’t make guest wait. You’re the princess while I’m the royal lady.”

                “I already dress-up properly before reach here.” Say Karina while turn at her standing to show her kimono. She’s wearing blue-pink kimono that has elegant flower-printed with dark-green blue belt and matching hair accessory that really stand out.

                Rin looks at it before asks, “Why I never seen that kimono before?”

                “It seems you already forget that we bought this kimono last week.” Say Karina while rolls her eyes with the hidden princess’s words. Rin quickly change the topic by pulling her best friend’s hand and abruptly leave the place. She could run easily as her kimono not like Karina as princess’s kimono has more layer than royal lady’s kimono.

                Karina bows politely to people in the room with Rin who is behind her and says, “I’m sorry for make you waiting. Welcome to Elmina. My name is Karina and this is my royal lady, Rin.”

                “Thank you for accepting us. My name is Keito and this is Ryosuke, both of us from Luka. We really attract with this beautiful kingdom.” Say the guy. Rin could see it is first time her best friend blush as she knows that girl hardly shows any expression like that as she being raised like a ninja even has no talent in that.

                “Karina-hime, we should not let guests standing forever.” Rin need to make Karina snap out. That hidden princess quickly let everyone take their seats before begin discuss about important matter. That day, they already plan to discuss about diplomatic relationship two kingdoms that famous with the wealthy. Rin keep making some tiny moves as Karina keep losing her attention during the meeting that really make her worry is everything okay.