4 AM

Yi-En & Ji-Eun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A little bit inspired by IU's 4AM (I love this song!) :D

Enjoy! ^^

 

It's raining outside. Jieun can hear clearly the sound of raindrops from inside her room. The raindrops knock softly to the window, making it wet on the outside and steamy on the inside and blocking the light from the street lamp which usually illuminates into her room. Her room feels darker and colder.

Jieun lies on her bed. Warm blanket wraps her body but it can't help her from the coldness of november weather, she shivers. Her eyes are staring the white ceiling. Everything about her room is white. The wall, bed, sheets, blanket, desk, chair, bedside table, cupboard, bathroom, door, even her pajamas are white. She wonders why? Her favorite color is not white, she loves red.

Jieun turns her body to the right side. Her eyes immediately locks to the table clock on the bedside table. It's 3.50 in the morning, and as usual she can't sleep.

It's always like this. Her bedtime is at 10 pm every night, but she never succeed to fall into sleep. Even the pills which usually she consumes at every 8 pm can't help her insomnia problem.

She only stays on her bed, sometimes move to right or to the left. Sometimes eyes glance here and there. Sometimes she dives deep in her thoughts. Sometimes she followes the beat of the clock in her mind. Sometimes she counts soundlessly starting from one till she is bored and stop.

But the truth is, she's waiting. She's waiting for someone. Someone who embraces her and transfers the warmth to her body. Someone who kisses her on the cheeks and lips. Someone who her hair with full of gentleness. Someone who sings her lullaby. Someone who drives her to the dream land. Someone who shoots her ears with words full of love. Someone that she hates because that person always makes her waiting, craving, needy and dependent. Someone who only comes every 4 am and goes when she wakes up. But, she always waits patiently, because she knows that someone will come eventually.

Jieun stares at the clock. She follows the beat, counting. It is only ten seconds left. She counts back.

Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, two, one... 4 am!

She can feel someone pulls her blanket. Her bed creaks, overweight, because it only fits to one person. That someone lies beside her. The blanket is pulled back to wrap their bodies. One of that someone's arms sneaks to her waist and rests there. Jieun smiles, feeling warmer suddenly.

"You are here..." she says softly.

"Yes, I am here. Sorry for waiting me too long." A deep voice belongs to that someone sincerely appologizes.

"But, you're here eventually. I can't complaint."

Jieun turns her body to face that someone. Her eyes find a very handsome face which always makes her hard to breathe normally, plus that smile... that smile which always make her heart beats faster than usual. She swears this person is the most beatiful creature in the world. She touches that beautiful face, caressing the cheek softly. She smiles.

"I missed you, Mark..." She says, leaning forward and giving a soft kiss to that someone's lips who she's called Mark.

Mark smiles and kisses her back softly. Their eyes close, enjoying the moment for a while and breaking the kiss when it feels enough to cover their longing for each other.

"I missed you too..." Mark replies, Jieun's lips that few seconds ago attached to his lips with his thumb.

"Can't sleep?" Mark asks, staring sadly at Jieun.

"My sleeping pill comes too long." Jieun pouts, pretending to sulk.

"I'm sorry..." Mark feels guilty.

"I was kidding! Like I said before, you've been here and that's enough for me." Jieun gives her genuine smile, reassuring Mark that she's okay and he doesn't need to feel guilty.

"Okay. Now, sleep! You don't need to worry. I'm taking care of you now..." Mark says as he pulls Jieun closer to his body, wrapping both his arms to her body as if it's the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter