Saturday.

Double Date

(Hye-jin's POV)

"Yah Se-yi! You open the door right now!"

My best friend came to the door with tangled bedhair, with gunk in her eyes and drool all over her face. I looked at her and cringed. "Is this how you're going to show up to a date?!" Quickly realizing what I said, I covered my mouth and pushed her back into the house. "You can't possibly go out looking like this!"

She tugged on a nasty, tangled wad of hair and reached for her bedroom, "Ugh let me go back to sleep, pleaseeee." 

One hour later, she came out of the bathroom looking like the Se-yi that I usually saw. She was dressed casually, yet feminine in a silky light pink shirt and a pair of skinny jeans, and topped it off with a beautiful bun. I looked down at my own outfit, a blue cardigan topped over a floral dress that I once called pretty and felt overshadowed. "You look better than me!" She laughed, "Don't be silly!"

We were walking side by side when she asked me worriedly, "Do you think Tao's coming?" I bumped her with my elbow and answered vaguely, "Who knows.." We reached Rainbows and Bubble Tea where a tall, handsome man greeted us. "Welcome! What do you two lovely girls want?" Se-yi coughed nervously and I answered, "We're waiting for our friend and don't plan on ordering right now." He seemed understanding, nodding his head. "Ahhh...does that friend happen to be Jongdae? He's always out here with other girls.." I stiffened a little and turned away, hoping Se-yi and the man wouldn't see her betrayed look. 

"My name's Chanyeol, by the way. I'll be here to serve you when he comes. Loosen up a little, I was just joking before." He flashed us a smile and headed off to served other customers. 

"Se-yi, do you think he knows Jongdae?" I whispered quietly, confused by Chanyeol. 

(Jongdae's POV)

I checked the time on my phone. 12:13. Ohmygosh I am already late and going to be screwed. "Taooooo," I groaned, "we need to get out of here. Just pick a present and go, Se-yi's not really going to care except for the fact it's from you!"

Tao furrowed his brows worriedly while tossing bag after bag at the Gucci store. "I need the perfect bag for her though!"

"DUDE SHE DOESN'T EVEN LIKE GUCCI! ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE NOT SHOPPING FOR YOURSELF?!" I huffed and grabbed him by the wrist. 

Half an hour later..

We reached Rainbows and Bubble Tea, huffing and puffing. "Sorry we're late," I smiled painfully sweet. I threw Tao a glare and continued, "This boy decided to spend an hour in Gucci and make us late."

Se-yi laughed a little, but I was really only looking at Hye-jin. She was staring out the window and looking dazed. I struck my hands together and grinned, "What are you looking at? Pay attention to me!"

Her brown eyes twinkled, the ends of her lips tugged upwards into a bright smile, and my heart started beating a little faster than usual. I thought I saw her looking at me differently

..Then Chanyeol had the ruin the moment and waved crazily at us. He came over to our table and said, "Hey Jongdae! You guys finally came! Are you ready to order? I think my manager's getting a little suspicious of me!" He chuckled.

"Shut up, Yeol," I muttered under my breath. The tall, cheerful man was jumpy and clueless as always. 

 

(Se-yi's POV)

This is not how I wanted to spend my birthday.

Hye-jin and Jongdae are making googly eyes at each other, the worker (I think his name was Chanyeol?), and Tao is paying more attention to pictures of Gucci bags on his phone than me. Sigh.

"Yah!" I shouted at my friends. They looked at me in terror. "Stop paying attention to each other, or your phone," I snapped at Tao, "and focus on me!"

The boy of my affections spoke, "Oh, so you see...I was looking to see which bag you'd like for your birthday.." I scowled, but as he turned away I smiled a little. The Gucci-loving panda would never change.

Chanyeol came over and served us our bubble tea and food. He gave me an sympathetic look and said cheerfully, "Enjoy!"

"Damnit, Hye-jin," I muttered under her breath. I excused myself to go to the restroom and gave her a "you're-coming-with-me" look.

Once we were were in the privacy of females only, I said, "Can you not make googly eyes at each other please. It's bad enough that you're all making me feel left out, it's also like everyone else forgot what today was!"

"Fine, fine," she sighed. "I'm sorry I forgot to pay attention to you in Jongdae's presence. I was a little too excited. Happy birthday," and she gave me a huge hug. 

"Thank you," I whispered, feeling some love from my best friend for the first time today.

 

(Tao's POV)

"You're screwed, Tao," Jongdae uttered next to me. "For once please put your Gucci obsession aside and pay attention to the birthday girl."

"It's not like you two were paying attention to her anyway," I whined. "It's different," he scoffed. "We're her friends, you're her crush. And you happen to reciprocate those feelings too. Act like it."

As the sight of the girls came closer to my line of vision, I knew he was right. "Happy birthday!!!!" I tackled Se-yi and pulled her tightly into a hug. I could feel my heart thumping against hers. She quickly pulled away and lightly slapped me on the arm, "Hey! What was that for?" Sheepishly, I answered, "For not noticing you earlier. You look great today."

I thought I saw her smile and blush a little, but then Jongdae and Hye-jin were sipping their bubble teas when he decided to blow a tapioca chunk at my face through his straw. "Yah!" I shouted, slapping his arm. "That's disgusting!" 

He turned around and gave me a stupid grin matching his equally stupid face.

Se-yi interrupted us and asked, "So school's going to start soon...what extracurricular activities do you plan on joining?"

I couldn't help but stare at her almond-shaped eyes, smooth hair, heart-shaped lips, and that great personality I fell for. This was getting a little too much...

(Hye-jin's POV) 

It got pretty awkward after a while. Se-yi left with Tao ten minutes earlier. I mouthed at her, "Call me later," and she nodded. Jongdae and I took a walk outside and stopped to sit at a park bench.

"It's a great day outside," he commented. 

"Yeah," I agreed. "I don't really think this double date thing was a great idea. It puts pressure on Se-yi and Tao, and I'm pretty sure they wanted to be alone in the first place," I laughed.

"So, how are you doing?" He asked, the gentleness in his voice. Kim Jongdae was known to be a troll and a jokester, but he could also be normal in his own way. I took a good look at him: strong body, sparkling eyes, long eyelashes, beautiful smile, straight teeth, unique cheekbones, and an amazing voice. Some people described him as a camel, but it was becoming clear to me that I fell in love with the camel.

"Why are you staring at me?" he stuttered nervously. Because you're beautiful, I screamed in my head, but refused to speak. {A/N: did anyone get my reference there? You're awesome if you did :D }

"You know," the boy spoke up once again, "you're being unusually quiet today. Does that have to do with my presence?"

I gulped and said, "Maybe..."

Then he looked at me with those beautiful eyes again. "This is my first time ever asking this, but would you like to be my girlfriend?"

 

(Tao's POV)

My stomach is churning right now and it feels so awkard being with her. I wonder what Jongdae and Hye-jin are doing at this moment. Maybe he already kissed her. Should I kiss her?!

"Are you okay?" Se-yi's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Yeah.." I muttered, shaking it off. {A/N: HAHAHAHAAAA}

She then suddenly grabbed my hand and it became entwined with hers. My cheeks heated up and my heart was thumping hard. But then she said, "Just go with it." 

And I did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

OMG FINALLY I AM DONE WITH THIS FIC. AND THE DAY HAS COME.

CHEN'S BIRTHDAY!!!!! HAPPY KIM JONG DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've already expressed my excitement for this day too many times, but let's just do it again. 

All of Jongdae's features have crept into my heart and led me to fall in love with you. Now I have two biases, him and Chanyeol T T I don't know how my heart can take it in. There's this whole paragraph above that already shows why I love him, so I don't have to repeat it again.

And I will probably write a story for Chanyeol's birthday, too ^^

Bye for now!