Kidnapped - BTS's Jungkook - Part Two

The One Stop Shop for Oneshots!

 

Image result for bts jungkook

Pairing: Jungkook x OC (Laura)

Genre: Drama, Gang!au

Warnings: Foul language 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Two torturous days passed and Jungkook still had not located his girlfriend or even acquired any sort of clue. To say he was losing his mind was the biggest understatement ever told. His days were spent talking to friends and foes alike; wanting to gain any piece of information he could no matter how small. If he wasn’t out looking – which rarely happened –he was at home, pacing the floor from wall to wall.

His nights were no better. His dreams continuously showed him the worst possible scenario that could have been forced upon his girlfriend. Even then the scenario looped, replaying until he woke up in a cold sweat. He never went back to sleep after that.

It was afternoon of the third day. Rain relentlessly pounded the ground beneath it, and angry winds thrashed everything in its path. No one was out; rather taking refuge indoors until the storm passed. Jungkook was no exception, though it wasn’t by choice that he stayed caged inside.

“If you go out there and get sick, you won’t do Laura any good.” Namjoon, being the leader, always looked out for the wellbeing of s; even if s didn’t always agree.

“It won’t do her any good either if I just sit on my all day and don’t do anything at all!” Jungkook roared. He reached breaking point, both mentally and emotionally. Everyone knew to tread lightly, but even the smallest look would set Jungkook off.

“Instead of pacing and being a jerk to us, why don’t you actually put your anger to use? We all care about Laura, so come over here, sit your down, shut up, and let us come up with a plan to help you get her back.” Leave it to Yoongi to be the tough love type guy.

“But – “

“Shut it and sit.”

Jungkook grumbled, but nevertheless listened to his commanding friend as he dragged his feet to find a vacant seat in the living room. He knew he was being a jerk, especially to the people who deserved it the least, but he was having a difficult time coping. He realized though that the best help he could give his girlfriend right now was to put his trust in his friends.

Once everyone had settled into a circle in the middle of their small living room, Jin began speaking first, “Have you tried calling back the number that called you?”

“I have but it’s turned off. So I can’t track it either.”

Now Hoseok’s turn: “Have you gotten any valuable information from other gangs?”

“Not really. The gangs we are associated with don’t have any information we don’t already have. The gangs associated with The Kings won’t tell us anything. But with the way they reacted when I questioned them, I don’t think they know of any secret hideout either.”

For the next hour, the conversation held a similar pattern. Someone would suggest an idea, while Jungkook immediately refuted it. Either it was something he already attempted, or there were serious flaws to the proposition.

“Argh! We aren’t getting anywhere. This is useless.”

And it was true. They sat in silence, eyes cast downwards to the floor. Their minds whirring away, but as time passed, their ideas became more and more ridiculous. They met a dead end.

A shrill sound broke the tense atmosphere. Jungkook scrambled for his back pocket, pulling his phone out and answering the call without checking caller id. He hoped that whoever was on the other end would help him.

“Hey there Kookie, how’s life been going for ya so far?”

Jungkook tensed at once. All muscles seized and became rigid. White knuckles surrounded the phone in his hand, and his eyes expanded in size. His friends watching knew exactly who had called.

“Where’s my girlfriend you piece of .” Jungkook growled low and menacingly into the phone, sounding more animalistic than ever.

“Oh boy, someone sounds a little upset. Wanna talk about it?”

“ off .”

“Now, now Kookie, is that any way to speak to someone who has your precious girlfriend? I have to say she’s been lots of fun. I don’t think I ever want to give her back.”

“Listen here you sh-“Jungkook broke off once he caught Namjoon’s glare. He was being too hot headed, and his leader was signaling him to calm way down.

Jungkook took a breath, closed his eyes, and tried again. “What do you want?”

“Oh Jungkook my boy I’m glad you asked. I’ll call you tomorrow with the details.”

Click.

Jungkook stared dumbfounded at his blank phone. Confusion and rage intermixed to form a volatile reaction of emotions bubbling within him. As he explained the conversation to his friends, he was attempting to figure out the reason for the short call. Taehyung voiced the same thoughts, “That’s a stupid call. What’d he do that for?”

“He’s taunting us. He wants us to know that he can call at any time; that he holds more than just Laura over our heads.” Namjoon gazed over at Jungkook with sympathy lacing his words. He knew just how much more pain Jungkook would be in now.

Immediately Jungkook stood, stormed out of the room, and slammed a door to let everyone know he locked himself in his room. A collective sigh came from the remaining people in the living room.

*******

That night Jungkook didn’t sleep for a second, mind rampant with thoughts of the entire situation he found himself in. He attempted to calm himself and rationally think through options, but his mind continuously returned to his desire to rip off the limbs of every King member. He wanted to know what the phone call tomorrow would entail and became antsy with each passing minute. Until then, he stared at his ceiling figuring out the best and most torturous way to kill someone.

*******

The next day everyone was on edge more than usual. Yoongi and Namjoon huddled around the kitchen island, staring idly into a cup of coffee they were gripping too tightly. The other side of the room held Taehyung, Jimin, Hoseok, and Jin staring blankly at the empty television screen, as though they were watching a program only they could see. Jungkook took to his usual route; another day of wearing down the floor. His cell phone gripped tightly in his hand was turned up to full volume.

Louder than the day before a shrill ring echoed in the enclosed space, vibrating manically in Jungkook’s hand expecting an immediate reaction. The call was answered.

“Sleep well?” The taunting voice on the other end irritated Jungkook and grated his every nerve.

“Cut to the chase you bastard.”

“I see politeness hasn’t come to you over night. Oh well, not a matter, I still have the better cards in this little game. Put the phone on speaker – this involves everyone.”

Jungkook clenched his teeth as he beckoned everyone onto the brown sofas. Seven bodies huddled around the single device still sitting on Jungkook’s hand.

“We’re all here. Now tell us what you want.”

“What I want is to increase the stakes a bit. I really want you to feel what’s it’s like to be in complete turmoil. You remember a guy who went by the name of Snake?”

Namjoon answered, “Yah, he used to be the leader of The Kings before you. What of him?”

“He was my brother. You killed him.”

Confusion silently passed between the friends, none understanding the situation or recalling the murder of this particular man.

“We don’t remember killing him. You sure you got your facts correct?” Hoseok voiced everyone’s thoughts, feeling as though some hope could be extracted from this seemingly simple misunderstanding.

“Of course I got my facts right you s. He was my brother, I remember perfectly. It was in a warehouse in the fall of ’09, the first territory war we had between our two gangs. Your leader shot him dead with a smug look on his stupid face.”

Jaws dropped and faces paled as they recalled the memory. Their hope shattered. This was definitely turning into something larger than they anticipated.

The gruff voice continued, “So here’s the deal, I want retribution, eye for an eye. I want your leader on a silver platter. You have two hours to decide if you’re going to give up your leader or not. Give him up and the girl is yours. Think he’s more important and the girl’s life promptly ends. Your choice. I’ll call you back in two hours.”

The call ended, and so did Jungkook’s sanity. He was frustrated, livid, conflicted, upset, but most of all sick. He felt ready to vomit at any second. They had two hours to decide who was more important, who should live: their leader or his girlfriend. Things just blew up in his face.

*******

The clock dutifully ticked away two hours, the time passing normally but feeling as though it was on fast forward. Once again the phone held in Jungkook’s hand rang loudly and once again Jungkook answered without glancing at the screen.

“Have you come to your decision?”

Jungkook tried to even his breathing and swallow the thickness building in his throat, “Yes.”

“Oh wonderful, and the final verdict is?”

“We will give you Namjoon.”

Silenced filled both ends of the connection before Jungkook heard glorious laughter through the receiver. His muscles screamed in protest as they were again flexed in fury, wishing this whole ordeal would be finished quickly.

“Good choice Kookie my man. I’ll text you the location for the switch. You have one hour to get there. Only you and Namjoon are allowed to be there. Anyone else and you all die.”

Seconds after the call ended, the screen lit up with an address. It lead to an abandoned farm house on the outskirts of town. Surrounded by nothing but open land and hazy, stale air.

A deep breath heaved itself out from Jungkook’s lungs. For a moment he stood still, closed his eyes, and attempted to get his wits about him. He wanted to go into this with as clear a mind as possible; he didn’t want anything to go wrong.

“Ready to go?”

Jungkook responded to his leader’s question with a simple head nod as he stalked outside towards the waiting car. He stared at his shaking hands as he sat in the passenger seat, not even glancing up when Namjoon slammed the door and started the car.

Forty five minutes of silence passed along with the trees rushing by outside. Namjoon pulled up a few yards away from the destined farmhouse, shut off the car, and turned to glance over at his young friend.

“You okay?”

“No.”

“Why not? You’re getting your girlfriend back.”

Jungkook looked up at that, believing he heard a smile in Namjoon’s voice. Sure enough, a beaming grin was being directed toward him, and he wondered how his leader could be so care free about the situation.

“How are you so calm? This could be a huge ugly trap for all we know.”

“I have trust.” With that, Namjoon left a dumbfounded Jungkook in the car as he began his walk towards death.

A few beats later, Jungkook scrambled out of the car and raced to match pace with his friend. Silence again became their companion as they continued to the farmhouse ahead. Namjoon placed a sturdy hand on Jungkook’s shoulder and with a whispered, “show time” lead them both into the darkness.

It took a minute for Jungkook’s eyes to adjust to the gloom, but as soon as he did, he saw a scene which made his blood curdle. Lying in a messy heap on the floor was Laura. Hands and feet were bruised from chains coiled unforgivingly around her limbs. Clothes were hanging off her frail body by the seams; forced holes became a part of the muddy design. Eyes were closed, hair was mangled, and mouth opened slightly, with blood splattered aimlessly around open wounds. Never did Jungkook want his eyes to bear witness to something even close to this again.

“Welcome friends! So glad you could join us here today. Please, make yourselves at home.”

Jungkook and Namjoon stood stiff, not moving more than necessary. They were hyper-aware, hyper-vigilant.

“Aw, come now, don’t be shy. Jungkook don’t you want to see your precious girlfriend?”

He did. That was certainly no lie, but he still worried about his leader. It ended as a unanimous decision to do this trade, but that didn’t mean Jungkook had to like it. Nevertheless, he continued on as he was instructed to.

“I’ll take Laura out. Don’t do anything to Namjoon until I’m gone.”

“You have my word.”

Eyes followed Jungkook as he made his way toward the crumpled body. He knelt down beside her as soon as he was close enough. Tender fingers delicately her cheeks and moved tangled hair away from her face. Jungkook’s shoulders relaxed slightly. He allowed himself a second of calmness now that he was united with her again.

A clatter of metal sounded beside him. He looked to his left and noticed a single rusted key barely glinting in the light. Swiftly he picked it up and hastened to unlock the chains bruising the once clear skin of his love.

As he tossed away the chains and began lifting the frail body into his arms, Laura’s eyes slowly opened. She opened further to speak, but nothing came out. After a few failed attempts at forcing out words, she managed to croak out his name, “Jungkook?”

Jungkook glanced down lovingly before determination filled his eyes once more. “I got you, don’t worry. No one is taking you away from me now.”

Jungkook turned to walk out the door he had previously entered. He made eye contact with Namjoon, each giving the other a slight head nod of acknowledgment.

By the time he reached past the threshold of the farmhouse doors, the men behind him began talking. His hands were shaking and Laura passed out once again. He kept walking. He didn’t know how things were going to turn out from that point on, but he kept his legs moving forward.

Jungkook almost reached the car when a loud explosion sounded behind him. He wasn’t sure if it was real or his imagination, but his back became sweaty.

Keeping his head down, Jungkook opened the passenger door, tucked Laura in the seat, and took his place behind the wheel just as gunshots echoed into the afternoon. Only as he started the engine did he chance a look up. Monstrous flames engulfed the building they were in just moments before. Smoke drifted to merge with the fluffy clouds above.

********

Back at home, Jungkook took Laura into his arms and brought her into the silent house. He placed her delicately on his bed, tucked her in, and allowed her to sleep off the stress from the past few days. Silently Jungkook closed the door behind him. As much as he wanted to stay with her, he felt as though his mind still needed to be cleared. So he walked himself back into the living room and flopped his body down onto the sofa. Allowing his eyes to close, he waited for his friends to arrive home as well.

Two and a half hours later the house came to life. Jungkook awoke to obnoxious laughter drifting down the hall. He sat up and watched contentedly with drooping eyes as all of his friends strode into the room.

“Took you guys long enough to get back.” Jungkook eyed his friends with fake disdain.

“We had to take care of clean up. Not all of us were able to come home and chill.” Hoseok ruffled Jungkook’s hair as he took a seat beside him.

“How is she doing by the way?” Jimin and Taehyung were still looking worried despite the successful rescue.

“She’s sleeping on my bed right now. Completely passed out but she’s okay other than some cuts and bruises. How are you?” Jungkook glanced over to the only person still standing.

“I’m alive aren’t I? Nothing to worry about kid, everything’s been taken care of.” Namjoon stood proud with a broad grin on his face, enjoying the outcome of that afternoon.

The boys had agreed on a plan once The Kings’ true motives came to light. Jungkook was to take Laura and leave Namjoon behind, making it appear as though he was really going to be the sacrifice. The other members at that point were to sneak to the back of the large wooden building. Once Jungkook and Laura were far enough, the members planned to set the building on fire.

 Gun shots mixed with flames encompassed the entire building and none of The Kings were left alive from the surprise ambush. It was lucky no one died that wasn’t supposed to. They had debris and soot covering their bodies, but that was the worst of it.

Honestly, Jungkook felt disappointed that he wasn’t able to stay and help fight. He wanted to be by his friends’ side and watch their backs while they took down the enemy one by one. But Laura and her safety were important too; everyone knew that.

“Hey, have you treated her wounds yet?”

 Jungkook answered Jin with a shake of his head.

“You should probably do that. Then get some sleep. It’s been a long day.”

“It’s been a long day for all of us. I’m going to sleep too. No one disturb me or I’ll kill you.” Soft laughter accompanied Yoongi as he lazily strode out of the room and to his waiting bed. Jungkook followed his lead and went to see how his precious girl was holding up.

“Jungkook is that you?” As soon as Jungkook reached the edge of his bed, Laura instinctively woke up and reached for him. The sight warmed his heart and he vowed no one would ever be able to take her away from him again.

“I’m here. I will always be here. Now let’s get you cleaned up before we go to sleep ok?”

With gentle hands, Jungkook ensured every cut, scrape, and gash were properly cleaned. It took him seven minutes to finish and get both their strained bodies back onto the comfy mattress. They tightly wove their arms around the other, embracing the sense of security neither of them had felt for the past few days.

Jungkook lightly kissed Laura’s head that was secured under his chin. “Goodnight love. I’ll be here when you wake up.”

Jungkook had his world back, and he wasn’t ever going to let go again.