True: Chapter 3

True

Crap, this chapter feels kinda rushed and believe me this story is getting hard to write, I promise more exciting stuffs in the next chapter but fir now; enjoy :)

It had been 3 weeks since he last saw her and the thought of a girl beating him at his own game still stung so the second meeting did not go great. Call it stubborn manly pride but he didn't really want to see her again until he had bested her so he began fervently working his off on writing a new song. It was still rough but he was almost done with it.

Eunhyuk had called him for lunch at his favorite restaurant to give his roommate some fresh air and a change of pace in between working and training. It was a nice little corner restaurant and oozed elegance without coming off as pretentious, overpriced or fancy. So he was surprised when he saw her again sitting across from some other girl.

"Oh, Donghae hello, come over here and join us." She practically beamed at him which peeved him off a little. God damnit. Eunhyuk gave me a nudge and motioned me to go over. I coughed awkwardly and introduced Eunhyuk to Yuri and Hyoyeon who was the other girl.

"Nice to meet you both, please join us if you will." Hyoyeon offered and gestured to the seats on the side. As soon as I opened my mouth to object, Eunhyuk sat down and left me standing there with my mouth open for a few seconds before deciding on grabbing the open seat.

"Yuri and Hyoyeon-shi are dancers." I told Eunhyuk to get the attention on him. He grinned excitedly as he looked from Hyoyeon to Yuri. "Really? Are you professional dancers or a dance crew?"

"We're a crew wanting to go pro but we have regular part time jobs on the sides. Why? Are you a dancer yourself?" Hyoyeon turned to him and I smirked since both of their attention was planted firmly on my roommate.

"I see, I used to dance professionally until I became a choreographer for an entertainment company although I still have a passion for dancing." Hyoyeon's eyes lit up like Christmas lights and I could tell Yuri was impressed too. Hyoyeon gave Yuri a knowing gaze and she nodded slightly, much to our confusion Eunhyuk just smiled.

"Eunhyuk-shi, if it's not too much trouble, could you come by our studio and choreograph a dance for us, we'll pay of course since you are a professional. " She tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear and I could have sworn that she was flirting and it was working! Eunhyuk grinned from ear to ear.

"Of course I'd love to come by, I'd have to work with the lead dancer though..." He tapped his index finger on his chin and thought for a moment. "Oh I'm the lead dancer, Yuri here is second to me and my only competition. " she gestured to Yuri who looked bashful until a waiter interrupted to take our order.

After that was done Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon continued chatting about dancing and what they planned to do leaving Yuri and I...talking stiffly about random things. "So Donghae...are you and Eunhyuk best friends?" She peered over her glass of wine.

"Yeah and roommates. " I drawled on concisely. I didn't want to make things awkward but I couldn't help my icy replies so yeah I was still pissed off about her stealing my thunder.

"Oh, uhh that's good, are you guys friends since high school or?" She smiled stiffly, she obviously noticed the awkward atmosphere. I crossed my arms and looked at her. "Since middle school actually."

She definitely noticed that I was being a since she was clearly hurt. "I'm sorry, is it me? I should probably leave." A frown made its way across my face as she stood up and I decided to stop behaving like a royal . "No!" Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon stopped mid conversation to look at me. "I'm sorry it's just the scarcity of work in my other work field." Eunhyuk raised a brow and decided to continue his conversation with Hyoyeon and I just know that he'll ask me about it later. "Stay, please."

! I sounded kinda pathetic there. I expected her to leave anyway but she reluctantly sat down. "Sorry for acting like an ." She smiled and put a hand on my shoulder. "It's fine I understand, these are difficult times and lead to lots of bad days but it will get better I promise, keep your head up Donghae, fighting!" She yanked her fisted hand and gave my shoulder a pat.

Why? Why did she have to be a nice person, why!? "Oh and apology accepted. "Thanks for understanding, I will try to be less of a jerk from now on." And I meant it, it's not like we'll become best friends and stuff anyway. An acquaintance and colleague and it'll stay just that.

 

Later that day...

"Whoa, what the hell was that back at the restaurant?" Eunhyuk began his interrogation as soon as our apartment door was slammed shut. I groaned, did he really have to do this now?

"Don't give me that Donghae-ah, what went down between you and Yuri-shi?" "Fine, you're really stubborn you know? Yuri also works under Mr.Han and she was the songwriter that wrote the song that was picked, she's only a rookie and yet she stole my mojo, you happy now? By the way you and Hyoyeon really hit it off, are to elaborate Lee Hyuk Jae?" I smirked and folded my arms, he just threw me a look and his teeth "D-Don't change the subject, I'm not finished and don't call me that!" Eunhyuk pouted and I laughed my off. He looked pretty stung. "Anyway you'll be okay with Yuri-shi as your colleague from now on?"

I threw him an exasperated look, of course I will be I'm not a little kid who holds grudges and is a sore loser. "Yeah I'll be fine." I grinned and left Eunhyuk to wash up.