True: Chapter 1

True

True: Chapter 1 Donghae's POV: "Dongae, wake up, it's seven in the morning we have to get to work!" My roommate Eunhyuk yelled into my ear and started to shake my legs. I lazily kicked him away and snuggled back into bed when I felt a grainy, wet tongue slobber across my face and opened one eye to glare at the owner of said tongue. I saw Eunhyuk with Bada in hand and immediately sat up and yawned while rubbing my eyes clean.

"Yah! Eunhyuk, good morning and why use my poor baby to wake mie up?" I gave him a glare as he set Bada down on my bed. He shrugged and went into the kitchen to prepare breakfast. I scoffed at my roommate's odd way of waking me up and made my way to the bathroom to complete my morning rituals. Once I was done I opened my closet and changed into a pair of n blue jeans, a navy shirt and some black dress shoes.

"You better hurry up and eat if you want to be on time." Eunhyuk mumbled between a piece of toast. I swear he's just like a mother sometimes, I hope he didn't party too hard last night since he only came in at three in the morning. I grabbed my wallet, phone and a piece of toast and waved goodbye to my hyung. "Yah! Don't forget to feed your two dogs when you get back; I can't do it all the time!" He yelled as I closed the door and left for work.

"This is not bad Donghae-shi, although I think the refrain is a bit much." Mr. Han commented as he looked over the lyrics I emailed him last night. "I like the title of it though, very bold and simple yet easy." Mr.Han was my superior and overseer of all my work; so far he has been helping me get better at songwriting and used two of my songs for his company. Despite his relaxed appearance he can really be blunt about things. He means well though although I'm not sure of that anymore since he has taken on new songwriters.

"Look, Donghae-shi, this is a ballad we're looking for and this ballad needs to have a lot of emotion and heart and I don't think your song is personal enough for this. I commend your effort but if you just give it some more emotion I might reconsider. " I wasn't angry at him but I felt like there was an underlying message weaved into that sentence and that's when my brain snapped.

"You're going to pick someone else's song, aren't you?" I sighed and looked at him expectantly. When he didn't answer me immediately I already knew the answer. "May I know who wrote the song you're going to pick?" He sighed and nodded yes."I suppose I could tell you who wrote the song since there's no harm in it, it's one of the new writers, Kwon Yuri. The kid's got talent and heart, I think you two should meet up, there's a lot you could learn from her. " I mentally scoffed at the thought but nodded in agreement anyway.

"Oh crap, I forgot my USB stick in the car and it's too far from my office to get. " Mr.Han looked at me regretfully. "Since you're young could you get it for an old fart like me please?" "I could do that Mr.Han, just tell me where to go." I grinned and awaited his instruction as he handed me the keys to his Ford. "It's the blue Focus just to the left of the entrance, I'll wait for you in the foyer."

We made our way down to the foyer and he waited by the receptionist's desk while I ran outside and to the left in search of the blue Ford. After looking around the lot I found the blue Focus and clicked open its doors to retrieve the USB stick. I rushed back to the entrance and by now I was sure that there were beads of sweat drenching my forehead. I caught my breath while holding onto my knees for a moment before rushing inside to meet Mr. Han who was probably getting impatient. While in a rush I didn't notice someone coming on from the front and accidentally knocked her over so that her pages flailed everywhere before returning to the ground in a messy pile.

"Yah! Are you insane to run like that?someone could have been seriously hurt, don't rush like that again ok?" I looked from the papers scattered on the ground to the owner's voice to find a girl in her early to mid twenties with bronze skin, long brown hair and almond eyes smiling at me as if she were a mother playfully disciplining her child. I wanted to say something to break the ice but Mr.Han had beat me to it by calling me. "Donghae-shi are you alright? Oh Yuri-shi are YOU alright I can't believe that happened just now, it would have been terrible to lose my two best writers." As he helped her up I decided to collect her papers until something clicked in my head.

"Wait did sunbae just say that she was a writer?" Mr.Han looked as if I had grown another head when I decided to clarify. "As in a songwriter?" He gave a hearty laugh that startled the both of us and then proceeded to slap us on the back."Why of course, although this is not the ideal way for you two to meet Donghae-shi I would like to introduce you to Kwon Yuri, the young yet talented writer I mentioned to you this morning." She's really beautiful...yah! What am I even thinking, apologise! "Mianhe Yuri-shi, hello my name is Lee Donghae, I'm sure you've heard of me by now." I gave her a deep bow followed by a playful smile. She bowed a complete 90 degrees and laughed.

"No not really, Mr. Han may have mentioned your name once though...oh yeah here are the copy of the lyrics Mr. Han!" She turned to the older man and handed him a file which he gladly accepted. Oh yeah! The USB stick! Before I knew it my hands shot out and offered the stick to him and he belted out another hearty laugh.

"You young ones sure are energetic, well thank you both you both worked hard today but I must leave you now as I have another meeting to attend, goodbye to the both of you and play nice!" Mr.Han bowed to each of us and we each returned the favor and Yuri let out a laugh and promised that she would.

It was now just the two of us and I felt a little awkward and nervous about being alone with my rival and having to talk to her, I should loathe her since this is my bread winning job but I think I hardly care anymore, so when she suddenly turned to me and appeared to want to start a conversation with me I normally would refuse to with a rival but I couldn't help but listen intently to her. I sincerely hope that she doesn't notice my interest.

"Well it was nice meeting you Donghae-shi but I must be on my way now too since the bus stops for no one." She smiled politely and I normally would have returned the greeting and gone on already but suddenly I felt like I wanted to be in her company some more.

"Oh where are you going? I could drop you there!" I suggested with a bright smile on my face. She looked surprised as if to say that no one has offered her a ride in her life. "Sure that would be nice thanks." ...Lee Donghae what have you got yourself into..