Chapter 3

Our present past

Chapter 3

Taeyeon POV

I need to get out of here now, judging from the design of this place, it seems I somehow landed myself in the Middle Ages, but not only that, somehow I had the unfortunate fate of landing right into the hands of the King and if he is King Kyungsoo, as he says, I am doomed. I've learnt of this infamous King who is said to be the spawn of the Devil himself with his cruelty and mercilessness to his enemies and any who defied him. Now guess who just defied him now? I have to get out of here before I get killed or even worse. But for now, let's just go along with his plan until I find the perfect way to escape.

I was taken to another tent, this one, full of women. Tao approached one of the women and they talked before he presented me to her. She looked at me with eyes of horror which then turned to pity as she saw my face. "My poor girl, how did you end up such a mess? Who could do such a thing to a cute little thing like you?" She asked to which I then glared at Tao who was then glared at by the lady who was talking to me.

"I swear Sunny, the only thing I did was splash water on her, we didn't hurt her or anything, in fact we rescued her from the battlefield." Tao defended himself against Sunny accusing glare.

"Aish, you men never know how to treat a lady, all you know is war. Such a delicate flower like her, would break if she is left with you brutes." Sunny scolded Tao.

"I doubt that...." Tao mumbled to himself but loud enough for me to hear. Well he was right, I could probably hold my own against those knights if I were properly equipped but how did Tao know that? He only saw me fight once and what I did was pretty basic.

"What did you say Tao?" Sunny warned to which Tao then shook his head quickly, not wanting to anger the woman. It's not hard to see the difference in power these two have and I giggled at their interaction, earning a stare from both Sunny and Tao.

I looked at the two confused and tilted my head to the side, questioning their stare. Sunny then engulfed me in a hug and squealed "Soo cute~" then she faced Tao and asked "Can I have her and if not where can I find me one?"

Tao shook his head before reminding her about the Kings orders which made Sunny pout before nodding her head and leading me further into the tent. There, I found a warm bath waiting for us, Sunny then ordered the women in the room to bathe me and clothe me to be presented to the king before winking at me and leaving the room. Which led to the women around me to proceed to do what was asked of them. Luckily I was used to this kind of treatment due to my brothers and fathers over the top pampering. They must be freaking out over my disappearance.....

The women then started to do my hair and change me into a turquoise gown before leading me to a secluded tent and leaving me there alone. This tent was filled with gold and precious paintings and artifacts. I have no interest in the gold and went straight towards the artifacts and paintings, marvelling at their completeness, having only seen such artworks and artifacts already but they had faded and become incomplete or broken with time.

I was quietly looking at one of the paintings when a voice came from behind me whispering "Do you like it?" Causing me to jump in surprise and backing away from the voice. I turned around to see that it was the King Kyungsoo. Oh great, I have to deal with him so quickly?

I thought he would laugh at my surprised face but instead he just stood there silently eyeing me with his big brown orbs. Why is he looking at me like that? Does he know that I plan to escape and so he's scheming on how to torture and kill me? 

He's been staring at me for awhile now, looking like he's in a daze like state. Was I wrong? Is there just something wrong with him? I walk closer to him and see his breathe picking up as he gulped as I got closer and closer.

Our faces were centimetres apart as I looked into his shaky eyes worriedly asking "Are you okay?"

Kyungsoo POV

I've finally been informed that she is ready to meet me, and I somehow find myself rushing to see her. I open the flap to my treasure tent she is staying in to see her staring at one of the paintings with much intensity. I chuckled at her cute face as she has her hand under her chin looking all serious.

This woman is indeed different. Instead of admiring all gold, silver and jewels behind her, she chooses to look at the artwork and inventions we have collected.

I decide to creep up on her whispering in her ear "Do you like it?" She jumped back in surprise with the most adorable surprised face I've ever seen. As she moved back I finally got a good look at her and how I wish I didn't. She looked absolutely gorgeous with her brown hair flowing down from her golden band that adorned her head and her beauty radiating with her goddess like image in her turquoise gown. This woman was beyond beautiful and I find myself mesmerised again by her.

She is now staring back at me making me fall deep into her gaze as she suddenly started to move closer and closer to me, making my heart beat uncontrollably as my breathing grew heavy with every step she came closer. I gulped as she was in close proximity with me, looking straight into my eyes with the warmest gaze I have ever received in my life asking in a worried tone "Are you okay?"
 
I found myself being drawn closer to her, eyeing her lips, going in for a kiss, just one centimetre away from tasting her luscious red lips but she quickly evaded my lips and pushed me away harshly. A cold glare replaced the once warm and gentle gaze she had shown me, apprehension and suspicion clouding her mind as she continued to glare at me. I must be going crazy because her cold glare seemed to ignite something in my heart, I felt happy seeing this new side of hers and I wanted to see more. 

I then smirked as I said teasingly "Did you think I was actually going to kiss you?" Her reaction angered me as she had a look of relief on her face. What an insult, your actually relieved that this great King didn't want to kiss you? There are hundreds of women who would kill for me to kiss them, even as a joke and yet you are relieved to know I didn't want to kiss you? This girl really knows how to hurt a mans pride. Wait, why do I need to care about what she thinks, I'm a King and she's a ..... Just who is she?

"You said that your name is Kim Taeyeon and you are from South Korea, but I have never heard of such a kingdom. So tell the truth, just who are you and where are you from?" I said coldly with my wolf king persona, trying to scare her into telling the truth but she didn't even flinch let alone show any signs of fear. Instead she put her hand under her chin as she started to think, with a cute pondering look on her face. 

I could feel a smile breaking out on my face as I continued to stare at her but I soon went back to my wolf king persona when she then looked up at me and asked "Exactly what year is it?" I looked at her confused answering "Of course it's the year 1356"

"Ah, so I'm in the 1300s, well if that's so then I'm from the Arcadian Kingdom in the North." Taeyeon said in a confusing way, but seeing as she is from the Arcadian Kingdom then I should treat her accordingly.

"Well then Kim Taeyeon from Arcadia, you are to be imprisoned until further notice. Stupid Arcadian, I will teach you what happens to your kind when you enter my kingdom." I sneered to the now frightened Taeyeon. God even her frightened face makes my heart beat faster, just what is this girl doing to me. Soon my royal knights came in and surrounded her, ready to her to her cell. As they escorted her, the weird thing was that I saw a smirk on her face. What does that mean? Wasn't she afraid just a minute ago and yet there she is giggling to herself.

"Wait!" I shouted causing my knights to halt as they looked towards me, waiting for my orders. I eyed Taeyeon and I saw a look of worry on her face as I made my way towards her with my knights moving away as I moved closer to her. I lifted her face up towards mine with my finger as I stared her down asking "What are you hiding from me?"

"Pfft...ahahahaha" there right in front of me she began to laugh, holding her stomach as she continued to laugh, much to the surprise of my knights and myself. She then started to calm down as she then looked at me and wiped a tear from her eye from laughing too hard, saying "I was joking, I'm not from Arcadia. I know your kingdom is at war with theirs at the moment. I just wanted to see your reaction and boy did it exceed my expectations, you are every bit of that tyrannical wolf king you were described of being."

I felt a little pang in my heart at the mention of being 'every bit of that tyrannical wolf king'. I know that's what I'm known for but for some reason I didn't want her to think that way about me, especially with that cold demeaning glare she's giving me right now. I can see a hint of disappointment in her eyes as she looked at me and I didn't like it, I didn't like it at all, it gave me an unsettling feeling in my stomach.

"Don't look at me like that! I am the king, you have no right to look at me like that!" I bellowed, losing my temper as I once again ordered my knights to her to the cella, this time so she can know her place. 

As soon as they left my sight, I regretted it straight away realising that now I looked even more like the image of a tyrannical wolf king. I've always had that habit of losing my temper whenever I feel challenged or uncomfortable and for some reason this woman Kim Taeyeon just makes my feelings become all jumbled up and I lose my self control. What do I do?