Chapter 10

Our present past

 

 
Third POV
 
It was morning and Taeyeon had woken up in this unfamiliar bedroom once again but this time there was no Kris. To this, Taeyeon rejoiced as she did not want to ever wake up to that devilishly handsome face again. More devilish than handsome she'd thought. 
 
Taeyeon got up from the bed she was lying on and searched the room for some decent clothes to put on because God forbid anyone saw her in her night gown. Or so she thought someone of this time would think of her if she just walked out of the room with what she was wearing. Taeyeon knew the etiquette that was used during this time and walking around the castle in a night gown was a no. 
 
It's funny how her little activities and training sessions with her mom had taught her the necessary skills and behaviour to survive here. Which reminded her, she needed to find her mom. So she quickly changed into yet another gown, and made herself somewhat presentable before opening the door to her room and finding two guards outside her door. 
 
Taeyeon tried to step foot outside her bedroom but the guards at her door prevented her from doing so by making a cross with their spears, with one saying "Sorry princess, but under the orders of Prince Kris we cannot let you out of this room."
 
Taeyeon scoffed at Kris's orders before glaring at the two guards who were blocking her way which surprised them as the Princess was known to be very timid, shy and on the weak side. But the glare Taeyeon was giving them made them think otherwise as she asked with a tone laced with superiority, "Guards, who do you serve?"
 
The guards looked at her confused as they answered "The Royal family of Arcadia."
 
"Yes, the Royal family of Arcadia. Now answer me this, just what family do I belong to?" Taeyeon asked the two guards who were finally catching on to what she was pointing out to them.
 
"Th...the Royal family of Arcadia." The guards answered with a stutter as they began to sweat and become anxious under Taeyeons gaze.
 
"So then, I ask again, who do you serve? Me or Kris?" Taeyeon asked the guards who were now trembling in her presence as they stuttered "Y...you your highness." To which they finally moved out of her way and she walked past them with a pat on each of the shoulders as she said cheekily "Correct." Before going off on her own to explore the castle and somehow find her mother without running into that stupid Prince Kris.
 
The two guards watched as Taeyeon walked away from them confidently with an air of royalty surrounding her and let out a breath of relief. Whoever it was who told everyone that the Princess was weak and shy, were clearly mistaken as the Princess they just met demonstrated elegance, wit and strength in the short amount of time they talked to her. She was no ordinary princess that's for sure, the guards thought as they remained at their post.
 
Taeyeon on the other hand was outside in the garden, enjoying the vibrant flowers that surrounded her everywhere she stepped. Unbeknownst to her, there was someone watching her, or so that someone thought as Taeyeon had already deducted who was watching her and chose to ignore the unwanted presence, not wanting to ruin her current mood. 
 
However, her good mood was about to come crashing down one way or another as she felt that someone was behind her and was about to jump her so she moved out of the way and dodged the attack to find a lady land flat on her face beside her. To this, what looked like the lady's sister rushed to her aid and then glared at Taeyeon. 
 
"You did that on purpose didn't you? Why didn't you catch her you stupid girl." The sister shouted at Taeyeon as if it was entirely her fault. 
 
This surprised Taeyeon who looked behind herself to see if the sister was talking to someone behind her before she looked back at the sister and pointed at herself with a confused look on her face. The sister scoffed at Taeyeons ignorance and shouted "Yes, of course I'm talking to you!"
 
Taeyeon frowned at the sister and eloquently stated, "Don't blame me for your sisters actions, in fact what I did was the right thing to do for anyone who shares the same position as I do. I have been raised with the utmost care and love from my parents, which is why I have learnt to defend myself in any situation that might bring harm to the precious daughter that your King and Queen has raised. You say that your sister fell, but can you explain why exactly did your sister fall face first towards the ground and with so much force at that, that she has sustained such injuries to her face? The only explanation for this would be that either one of you pushed your sister towards me or your sister had lunged at me with the intent to injure or possibly kill me. Now, I wonder what the King and Queen would say if they heard such a terrible incident such as this had occurred in their very own castle to their one and only precious daughter."
 
To this the lady on the ground and her sister were speechless at Taeyeons words and the elegance and confidence she exuded in her speech and conduct. This was not the same Taeyeon they had always known and loved to bully. This Taeyeon was strong and knew how to protect herself. What had changed her so much during the time she had disappeared to make her like this? 
 
Things were silent between the three before Taeyeon looked at the lady on the ground worried and ripped a piece of clothe from the inside of her dress and went towards the lady with the cloth, using it to stop the lady's bleeding nose. "Look at what happened to you. You should be more careful in the future or you might scar your beautiful face." Taeyeon said with a worried tone as she came closer to the lady and blew on what would later become a bruise on the lady's forehead. 
 
It was then that the lady and her sister saw Taeyeons face up close and could not help but think she was gorgeous. She was different from before where she exhibited a child like cuteness, as now they saw Taeyeon as a mature beauty. The lady who had fell on the ground felt herself blushing at the close proximity between her and the new Taeyeon, not used to this new mature beauty.
 
But the lady's marvel at Taeyeon's beauty did not last long as a figure appeared behind Taeyeon, walking towards them. Seeing this as a sign to leave the two sisters both bowed to Taeyeon respectfully before running off to the palace doctor for the lady's injuries, leaving Taeyeon on the ground confused at the sisters change in demeanour.
 
However, her confusion turned into a scowl as she felt another presence come up behind her, this time scooping her up into a princess hold was Prince Kris, the last person she wanted to see right now. "Let go of me right now Kris." Taeyeon said coldly through gritted teeth wanting to be anywhere else but in his arms.
 
But Kris just smirked at her command and said "That's not what you wanted me to do yesterday now was it? Crying in my arms willingly, but now you want me to let you go?" Taeyeon didn't think twice as she proceeded to then elbow Kris on the chest, making him grunt and lose his hold on her as she then rolled out of his arms and landed perfectly on her two feet as she dusted herself off.
 
"Don't live in the past Kris. How I was yesterday is certainly not how I am today. Now why don't you just run along back to your hiding spot and leave me alone, I have more important things to do that to keep you company." Taeyeon said nonchalantly with a flip of her hair as she turned her back on him and started to walk away.
 
"Taeyeon, stop right there!" Kris commanded but Taeyeon refused to acknowledge it and kept on walking away from him, which resulted in Kris chasing after her and grabbing her arm to make her face him but he was in for a rude awakening as Taeyeon used her skills of self defence to use Kris's strength against him as she flipped him and made him land harshly on the ground his arm twisting in pain.
 
"Do not underestimate me Kris, you don't know what I'm capable of." She whispered in his ear before letting his arm go and once again turning her back on him and walking away. To this Kris picked himself off the ground and dusted himself off as he continued to look at Taeyeons figure walking away from him until she disappeared around a corner.
 
Kris smirked at the surprise attack he had just received as he kept on looking at the place Taeyeon had just been saying to himself "Tch, you don't want me to underestimate you? Fine. I'll go all out to make sure that you will need me and come running into my arms soon. I will be the victor in this little game Taeyeon, just you wait." Before walking in the opposite direction.
 
Taeyeon suddenly felt a shiver run down her spine making her scan her surroundings and confused at feeling no hidden presence near her. But then what was that eerie feeling she had just encountered? She decided to shake it off and continued her exploration around the palace, finding herself in the library. She walked around admiring all of the ancient literature awaiting her on the bookshelves. However, her excitement washed away at the portrait of the royal family found on the wall next to one of the desks. She sat herself down and stared at the painting , specifically her mother. She reached her hand out and touched the painting as tears ran down her face. She then laid her down on her arms as she stared up at the painting of her mother. "Mum, just where are you?" Taeyeon cried out, falling asleep as she sobbed in front of the painting.
 
Kris found her sleeping in the library with a tear stricken face. He lifted her up and carried her in a princess hold, looking at the picture she was asleep in front of. The royal family picture. He sighed as Taeyeon shifted in his hold mumbling "Mum" as she seemingly snuggled into his embrace, making him smile at her cute gesture. But he was confused at her calling out to her mother while looking at the portrait. If she's from another world than why does she have a connection with Princess Taeyeons family, specifically her mother. But he pushed that thought away as he saw fresh tears spring from Taeyeons eyes. 
 
He tightened his hold on Taeyeon "I'll make you happy Taeyeon, so just stay by my side and I'll protect you from everything. I won't let anyone or anything make you cry again." Kris whispered to Taeyeon as he laid her down gently into her bed. He swept a loose strand out of her face before kissing her on the forehead and with one last look at her he left her room.