One ♡

Half of Me

 


 1

You and I 


 

 

  The sky was painted in orange, pink and blue, beautifully washed over the city skyscrapers, it was much like where she had come from but with excessively less trees and countryside scenery. Closing her eyes, Stephanie leaned against the balcony and allowed the melody of Seoul to drift her away from the exhaustion and soreness of her body. It’s something she wasn’t used to and although she disliked the noise and the harshness of the city, she enjoyed the change from her usual peaceful life, like it was some sort of adventure to be here.

 

"You shouldn't be out here at this hour", a voice interrupted her from behind. 

 

Stephanie immediately turned around and was taken by surprise due to the close proximity and more so by the appearance of a hallyu star. “Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realise I had company”

 

The woman chuckled as she leaned against the balcony railing next to Stephanie.  

 

“Me neither,” she whispered. “Honestly, I’m rather annoyed by the fact that you are intruding my personal haven, the balconies are usually the only places I can take a breather from all the hectic things in my life."

 

Stephanie smiled as she took in the detail of the woman next to her, who only seemed to be admiring the picturesque scenery in front of them.

 

She wasn’t wearing anything out of the ordinary, just a plaid buttoned down shirt and fitted jeans. Her blonde locks effortlessly tied up in a messy bun, which complimented well with her less makeup face. However, there was something more about her that exuded mysteriousness, alluring in a way.

 

 

“Well, if I am interrupting, I will leave immediately” Stephanie politely offered, she knew exactly who the woman was and even though she is training under SM Entertainment,  it is not everyday that she would bump into idols, never mind someone who is famous all over the country and internationally. She does not want to come off as a crazy fangirl or some sort of a stalker.

 

“No.” The woman quickly grabbed her forearm as she attempted to leave. “Stay”, her voice authoritative as she spoke. “It would be rude of me to make you leave”

 

Hesitantly, Stephanie returned to her previous position, her body fidgeted a little as she feel rather intimidated and awkward around the star.

 

“It must be cool to have achieve everything you ever dreamt of doing huh?” She teased, in the hopes to make a conversation with the older woman.

 

Suddenly, the hallyu star’s expression stiffen and bared itself with a hint of sadness.

 

Her voice toneless as she spoke. “Cool, isn’t the word for it, trust me, when you have passed the point in your life, where you have done everything, everyday become the same,” She stopped and sighed, thinking to herself that it was silly of her to explain.

 

“You wouldn’t be able to understand”

 

“You feel like the fame and the life you are living isn’t a luxury anymore, it’s almost like a punishment because you have nothing to look forward to, therefore you lose that contentment and excitement you would have for life,” Stephanie carefully finished the sentence for the star before leaning around the railing so she could meet her eyes.

 

 

“Am I right?” She flashed a victorious smile, which also reflected of her eyes.

 

 

 

"Yeah, you are right", she replied quietly and for the first time, her eyes was fixated on the girl, staring at her with awe and wonder. 

 

Naturally, the ray of light from the sunset shone down on her face, making the girl look like she's glowing. There was something about this unknown girl that tugged something inside of her.   

 

"You're staring.." Stephanie said, discomfort evident in her voice 


"What's your story?" The woman asked out of the blue.

 

"My story?"

 

"Everyone that comes in here has a story”, the blonde stated “You know, aspirations and goals, dreams to pursue, what are yours?"

 

"Ah, that's a good question", the girl said thoughtfully as she took her time to think about it until she broke into a genuine smile. She knew exactly why she was here.

 

"You see, it's my dream to be a singer, do something I'm so passionate about and have fans as my own, who appreciate me and my talent, whaa!", she clapped her hands excitedly, her eyes naturally lighting up as she continued to talk about the things she loved.  

 

"I want to be like Boa"

 

"Yeah? Good luck with that", the latter scoffed sarcastically.

 

"What is your story, Kim Taeyeon?" Stephanie retorted, not meaning to be rude but she didn't like the nonchalant tone the star gave, especially to something she believe in and is so determine to achieve.

 

Stunned. Taeyeon was definitely taken aback by the question. No one has ever dared talk back to her like that before, moreover, not in the way that actually made her think. What was her story? 


Stephanie sighed before momentarily glancing at her watch. "Oh crap, I'm late for training, I have to go", she spoke hurriedly as she turned to leave. 

 

 

 

 


 

“Wait, what’s your name?” Taeyeon asked, moments before she walked away.




With a polite smile, she looked back and replied. “Stephanie, Stephanie Mi Young Hwang”

 

 


 Comment, subscribe and upvote if you like the story. Thank you for reading, you

 Minoko