13 Years Later

The Sky is Our Limit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It's hard being left behind. (...) It's hard to be the one who stays.” 
― Audrey Niffenegger

“Sir, your meeting with the chairman is scheduled at 2:30” his assistant said while he hastily stares on his computer screen.

“Okay, thank you.” He said as he flipped through some documents he had on his table

Inside a large glassed office was a man working on his project. He is a well-known company director from a large chaebol group. He is known for his overwhelming charisma and charms. He’s tall and pretty well built. For a man who is still at his late twenties, he showed that he had achieved a large amount of success in a short period of time. In his office, different certificates and magazines which had his name and face displayed on its covers. Kim Jaejoong’s name had been written in, “Times”, “Singles”, “Ceci”  and many other magazines discussing about his career and lifestyle. He’s been wanted as one of the top 10 bachelors in the country.

Meanwhile, his alarm rang. He stopped his alarm and finally gave himself a break. He took a deep sigh while he got up from his seat to look through the large windows from inside his office. He stretched his arms out then slips on his blazer to get ready to leave for his next meeting.

He pulled up his sleeve to reveal a silver old watch on his wrist. Although the watch may seem outdated, he still treated it like it was a part of his body. He never went anywhere without it.

-

It’s 1:50 in Incheon Airport. A flight had arrived from New York, and right there a slender young woman dragging her suitcase came out from the arrival station. She wore a plain white shirt, jeans and running shoes as soon as she came out from the airport. She took a deep breath and thought, ‘I remember this smell’ she had a beaming smile on her face.

“Miss Choi Sooyoung?” a man wearing a suit came towards her.

“Yes?” she replied.

“Welcome back to home agasshi. My name is Choi Wooshik. Your mother made arrangements for your arrival, I’ll just have to take you to your hotel.” He says.

The woman found it inconvenient to receive that kind of treatment. She was hoping her mother would leave her alone to things that involved her lifestyle. She’s already 24 years old but she still feels treated like a teenager. She wanted to refuse the man’s service but then how can deprive the man from his job. “Oh, okay.”

“I’ll carry your luggage miss.” He offered.

“No it’s okay.”

“No, no, I insist.” He said grabbing on to it.

Sooyoung sighed to see how troublesome it is to still be under her parent’s care.

-

In front of DW Hotel at Cheondamdong, two cars stopped to park. From inside a white Lamborghini car, Kim Jaejoong stepped out wearing his glasses looking like a highly sophisticated young man. The valet hurried towards him, because he needed his car parked. Right about then, Sooyoung stepped out of her car to take the luggage she had from Wooshik. “Agasshi, please call me if you need anything.” He said.

“Okay, I will.” She smiled while walking towards the main entrance of the hotel with her luggage. Jaejoong and Sooyoung walked towards the same door until their eyes met.

Jaejoong and Sooyoung paused for a moment. It was at that moment, he definitely recognized her. Choi Sooyoung, the little girl from the same neighborhood. She grew up a lot the past 13 years, she became a woman. She did not seem like the clumsy little girl he once knew because she had a ravishing aura that attracted him. However, it was the excitement of seeing ones first love.

That moment, she did not recognize him. He had an outstanding aura but she had seen way too many men like him. Why would he bother to notice her, that’s what she thought. She went on, on her way towards the entrance. He knew she would not recognize him, his expectations lowered. Yet he still followed, “Did you make reservations, mam?” the desk lady asked.

“Yes, my name is Choi Sooyoung.”

He stood there to confirm that it was really the Sooyoung he knew. “Yes, I have you here mam. May I please see your ID and credit card?”

She did as she was told while Jaejoong stood there eavesdropping. “Sir, did you make reservations?” the desk man asked.

“O-Oh” he stuttered because his attention was all towards the woman standing next to him. “Restaurant.” He uttered, “Where is the restaurant around here?” he asked even though he knew because he was a regular customer in the hotel.

“That is downstairs sir, please take the elevator or the stairs.” The man said.

Sooyoung turned her head to see Jaejoong standing there until, “Oppa!” a woman’s voice called out. “Why are you here?” an astonishing woman forwarded towards him. She grabbed his arm instantly.

“Yuri-ah, what are you doing here?” he asked in surprise with his attention still towards Sooyoung who was still talking to the desk lady.

“I asked you that first, oppa.” She said snuggling closer to him.

He did not like it when she got really clingy around him even if she was his bosses daughter. “Don’t do that.” He pulled his arm away.

The girl pouted, “Oppa, let’s go. Appa’s waiting.” She pulled him.

Sooyoung had just finished talking to the desk lady, she was on her way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter