Stay With Me

Stay With Me


Jang Mira

I keep dreaming of a future, A future with with a long and healthy life, not lived in the shadow of cancer but in the light.Cancer taught me to stop saving things for a special occasion. Every day is special. You don't have to get cancer to start living life to the fullest. My story? I was raised by my mother who eventually died in the war in 27th January 1999. Ever since, I was adopted not just adopted but I was raised with love. When I found out I had cancer, I wasn't myself, I wasn't the bubbly and happy Jung Mira instead I was depressed and kept on blaming myself for this sickness. Why me? Why not someone else? Why? You never know the future, everything is in god's hands.Yes, you can lose somebody overnight, yes, your whole life can be turned upside down. Life is short. It can come and go like a feather in the wind.

I was admitted soon after finding out and met the most wonderful guy, Luhan.When we first started talking to eachother, I knew we would always be friends. Our friendship has kept on growing and I know that he'll be by my side till the end. He listens to my problems and help me dry my tears, he takes away all my sorrow and puts happiness in its place. Little did we know, we fell in love, deeply in love. He was discharged a few days after we confessed but has never missed a day without seeing me. I wish I could just lay on his chest and listen to his heartbeat all day long.But no, I got worse and finally gave up. Like they say, either learn to love thorns or dont accept any roses.

"Luhan" I called while laying on his chest. "Yes honey?" He answered and kissed my forehead. "Can you promise me something?". "Anything for you my princess"he looked deeply into my eyes "What is it dear?". "If i" i stopped for a second and continued "If I leave, please promise me that you'll move on". Luhan's eyes rounded in surprise. Shortly after that, he heard sobs and look down only to see me crying. "Shh Mira, you're not going anywhere. I'll be right here please" he stopped "please d-dont cry". Soon, we both became a crying mess. "I just dont get it why, why me? What have I done wrong?" I continued crying not bothering about how I look."Life is so unfair to the people who doesn't deserve it...."."calm down okay? Everything happens for a reason right?" Luhan added. He looks strong from the outside but on the inside, he's dying.Slowly but surely. He knows he cant change the future but still why Mira, she's just an innocent girl who was nothing.

Sooner, my hair started falling and I was bald in no time. I had dark circles around my eyes and lost too much weight, my skin became paler as I became weaker. I could no longer stand nor breath properly. Funny how everything was fine months ago and now? Look at me, Im an alive soul in a dead body. Why am I still living? Why am I still fighting? Thats right. Luhan. i would do anything I can just to have him by my side and grow old together but unfortunatly, life wont let me do so.

They say you know when death is coming but i've never believed that till it happened to me. It was the night before when I started to feel uneasy and I immediatly knew what was happening. Death is on its way. I didn't want Luhan to worry much so I acted as if everything was fine and wrapped my hands around him with a big smile on my face. A fake one that is. "Babe can you tell me a story?" I pleaded while looking into his brown hazel eyes. He smiled faced me "What story dear?". "Anything" He started telling me a story about a guy and a girl who got married but started arguing so they divorced, they lived seperately and soon found out that they couldn't bare living without seeing eachother. He told me no matter how much you fight with someone you love, you will never stop loving them. Unknowingly I fell asleep after his story.

I died that night. Luhan wasn't even human anymore, he was forced to live his life with another girl. A girl that his parents thought would be great for their company. So that was my ending, you see, No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new - Steve Jobs

Author's note

How was it? My first ever one shot, sorry it was kinda short but I really enjoyed writing it

Subscribe, comment and upvote

Love ya <3