{bonus}

On Different Ends

 

It was one of the rare Saturdays where Kyungsoo was making use of the stove in the kitchen to whip up some Korean dishes as Baekhyun had complained about being sick of American food when his buzzer went off. Wiping his hands on his apron, he domestically stalked over to his phone and picked it up.

 

“Hey stranger,” Kyungsoo chirped. “How is china?”

 

“It was great. Just had a hell-ish dinner at my future in-laws’ place. Chinese moms and dads sure are scary,” Jongdae said as Kyungsoo laughed. “Where is Baekhyun?”

 

Kyungsoo glanced over into their shared bedroom and spied a half- Baekhyun still knocked-out and sprawled over their messy sheets. “Still sleeping. He had to work night shift at the bistro last night and only came home at about five this morning.”

 

“What about his audition? Did he get the role?” Jongdae asked.

 

“Well, they did ask him for a call-back. And he’s been freaking out. But you know how all these auditions are,” Kyungsoo laughed.

 

“I hope he gets the role though. I would kill to see a Baekhyun Lockwood. And I know how much you loved ‘Singing In The Rain’ and also Baekhyun’s y voice when he sings in English,” Jongdae said.

 

“Oh shut up,” Kyungsoo chuckled. Jongdae laughed for a while before speaking again.

 

“Remember last year when we were both in our final year in Hongdae?” Jongdae asked.

 

“Yeah, what about it?” Kyungsoo hummed.

 

“Remember how you cried to me about you always being everybody else’s next-in-line, and always being second best?” Jongdae asked.

 

“I don’t know what you’re trying to get at, but yeah?” Kyungsoo replied.

 

“And remember you saying that dating Baekhyun is disgusting?”

 

“I did not say that.”

 

“Well, I just wanted to call to tell you that you guys were just fated for each other. How does it feel now, having the man you used to hate to treat you as the first in everything?” Jongdae asked as Kyungsoo looked over into the room once more. This time, Baekhyun is beginning to stir as he stretched on the bed.

 

Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly. “It feels perfect.” Kyungsoo could hear Jongdae guffawing at the other end of the line as he bit his lips to prevent himself from smiling any further.

 

“I have to go, Baekhyun is waking up,” Kyungsoo chuckled.

 

“Alright, go to your husband. You should get married in New York. Gay marriage is allowed there right?” Jongdae burst out laughing once more.

 

“Alright you’re getting out of hand. Goodbye old friend,” Kyungsoo smiled to his phone.

 

“Invite me to the wedding!” Jongdae squealed before clicking off the call.

 

Shaking his head while smiling brightly, Kyungsoo sets down the phone, and immediately, a pair of arms shot by his side and pulled him into a tight hug. Baekhyun sleepily breathed against Kyungsoo’s ear while Kyungsoo enjoys Baekhyun’s body heat from his half- body through the thin material of his clothes.

 

“Good morning sunshine,” Kyungsoo said softly.

 

“Morning honey, did you make breakfast?” Baekhyun yawned.

 

“It is lunchtime now,” Kyungsoo said turning around, slinging his arms around Baekhyun’s neck.

 

“I see, shall we have lunch then?” Baekhyun smirked, leaning in to peck Kyungsoo on the lips. Kyungsoo giggled as he snuck his hands to the back of Baekhyun’s head and kept him there. He pressed their lips together once more and smiled against Baekhyun’s soft skin.

 

“Yeah, let’s have some food,” Kyungsoo grinned, escaping from Baekhyun’s hold, to which earns him a smack on his making him yelp. Kyungsoo was blushing as he could feel Baekhyun eyeing his boxers-only bottom. Baekhyun only grinned more as he walked over to the fridge nonchalantly.

 

“Honey, are you free next Sunday?” Baekhyun asked as he took out the milk.

 

“I am, why?” Kyungsoo asked, putting the pot of soondubujige he made onto the table. Baekhyun walked over casually and suddenly knelt down in front of him. Kyungsoo was shocked but said nothing as Baekhyun pulled out a black velvet box. Opening it, there lay two silver bands in it. Each with the words “BBH’s” and “DKS’s” engraved upon it.

 

“Let’s get married, shall we?” Baekhyun asked sheepishly as he bit his lips.

 

Crying, Kyungsoo nodded.

 

“I love you!” Kyungsoo squealed as he knelt down and hugged Baekhyun.

 

It was just one of those rare Saturday mornings.