Chapter 5: Always Had Been

EXILE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2085: The Facility

Six boys stood at attention as the tall man emerged from the dark room. He had a rather muscular physique, not on the burly side but more on the lean end. He had dark blue hair and his fringe was cut into sort of a sideways V-shape. He looked fierce, his eyes were sharp and his nose was long. He wore a dark grey ripped shirt, and his muscles rippled under the material. The students could distinctly see the lines where his taut stomach muscles lay. He wore a looser pair of pants, flexible sweatpants, the same dark colour as his shirt. 
His hands were encased in special gloves that travelled all the way down the half of his lower arm. His fingers stuck out at the ends, wrapped around a short metal stick and a pair of nunchucks.
The students put their hands together and gave the man a uniform bow, as they had been told to do by their seniors.
"Good Morning, Master."
The man nodded back, eyes glazing over the six boys.
"Welcome to General Junior Classic Weapon Defence. In this class, I don't care what your class is, or what power you possess. As I have heard, none of you have enhanced abilities with weapons, sensory, endurance or agility. If you did have enhanced abilities with weapons, you would be in the Advanced class. Now, I'm only going  train in classic weapon Defence today. Classic weapons mean no guns, no lasers, no explosions, bombs and no power enhancers. In this class you are not to use your abilities. You fight fairly and you do not have superiority over anyone. Am I clear?"
The boys nodded obediently.
"Yes, Master."
The man nodded and took a step back, motioning for them to come further into the room, that lit up as he walked. The further they went, they realized it was an extremely large and circular room, with white walls. The white dome was fixed with thousands of bright lights that shone down on the shiny white floors. There were glass windows that divided them from other classes taking place in the other rooms- similarly large domes. The man noticed how their eyes enlarged at the spectacular views they were getting of the other mutants from the more advanced classes in the other rooms.
"Pay attention. The single most deadly flaw in a battle. Distraction. You get distracted for just a millisecond, and you give your opponent a huge advantage. Lack of focus is deadly."
The man sternly warned the young mutants as he approached a giant mat.
"Gather round here."
The boys obediently sat before the man.
"You have learnt Weaponizing and Weapon Arming already, am I right?"
The boys nodded.
"Good. So I expect you to know how to use them."
He held out the metal stick.
"This is one of the most useful items when it comes to Defense. You will use it during Offense as well, but here I will teach you how to use it for defending yourself."
He held it out and pressed a tiny blue button in the middle. The short stick immediately expanded into a long silver pole, as two lone ends shot out from the sides.
The boys looked on in awe as he swished it about in a smooth motion.
"This is called the Stretchstick. Obviously, you can see why. Now, when an opponent wants to go at you with a knife or sword, you can use this to block their attack. Secondly, if you have learnt to master the art of using it, you will be able to use it even to defend yourself from bullets and flying objects like knives. However, today I'm going to be teaching you how to use it to defend yourself against a sword."
He opened up a holographic file nearby, scanning over the six names.
"Right then. Hyunwoo, you're up."

2085: Seoul Private Institute for Boys
"We must learn to treat others as we would want ourselves to be treated. You must not marginalize, you must learn to accept all..."
The boy leaned his head on his arm as the teacher droned on about ethics.
He was far more interested in the programme the students were watching in the room across theirs.
"Mr Jung?"
The boy watched as the programme ended and the credits began to roll.
"Jung Chanwoo!"
His face immediately snapped back to face the front.
"Sorry, Miss."
She huffed, annoyed, and continued her detailed explanations of what a gentleman should be.
His eyes zeroed in on the room in from of them, going past his teacher, the whiteboard and the large brick wall.
A few students were packing up their bags and leaving, and the boy desperately wished to leave as well.
"Right, it's time for your quiz now."
The class groaned as the papers were handed down.
"You have fifty minutes. You may begin."
The boy desperately looked around when he found himself clueless as to how to answer any of the questions given. He narrowed his eyes at the ground and looked down into the classroom below him. 
Bingo.
His eyes closed in on the boy sitting at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter