Sunday

7 days
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunday

Taemin’s “Danger”, Luhan’s personal ringtone, tears away the last remnants of sleep as Sehun reaches out for the phone on his nightstand. Behind him, Jongin stirs and turns away, leaving Sehun’s back exposed and cold.

One glance at the time stamp under Luhan’s face tells Sehun it’s barely eight. “Hmwhatsit?” Sehun mumbles into the receiver.

“Rise and shine, princess. Word just got out Spinner will get served a double whammer tomorrow morning - a new lawsuit for embezzlement and Samsung is jumping on the corporate espionage bandwagon too. Minseok is putting everyone on the case. We gather in the office at eight-thirty.” Luhan sing-songs.

“But-” Sehun croaks.

“No buts! This is the case of a lifetime and we need every available set of hands!” Luhan sounds way too cheerful and Sehun suspects he’s doing it just to spite him.

“Something wrong?” Jongin mumbles from the other side of the bed.

“Oh, who was that? SEHUN, YOU DOG!” Luhan roars, and Sehun has to keep his phone away from his ear not to go deaf.

“Nothing. I’ll be there as soon as I can.” Sehun hangs up before Luhan has the chance to speak again. He turns to Jongin. “Looks like my weekend just got cut short. They’re calling everyone in.”

Jongin mewls, burrowing himself deeper in the covers of Sehun’s bed until he’s cocooned in completely, and Sehun can only see a tuft of black hair and the white tip of one of Jongin’s ears sticking out.

“When will you be back?” Jongin’s voice sounds muffled under the blankets.

“I don’t know. They might keep me there all day. Just… don’t wait up, okay? Or go out, if you want.”

“Can’t I just stay here all day?” Jongin whines.

“Of course, but promise me you won’t forget to eat,” Sehun implores, remembering Joonmyun’s words.

“I won’t.”

Sehun rolls off the bed and grabs a pair of clean briefs from the closet.

Before he reaches the bathroom door, he hears a faint “Sehun?” from the bundle on the bed.

“Yeah?”

“Kiss me.”

Sehun climbs back on the bed and pulls back the sheets a little so they’re not longer covering Jongin. “Even with my morning breath?”

Jongin’s face is still puffy with sleep but Sehun thinks it only makes him look extra edible (and he’s very aware of the fact he probably looks extremely frumpy himself). He’s staring, and Jongin shakes him out of his reverie with a little nudge from his knee.

“What are you looking at?” J

Please log in to read the full chapter