Friday

7 days
Please log in to read the full chapter

Friday

“Chanyeol?”

“Hmm?”

“I know this probably isn’t the best time to ask, but, could I have the weekend off?”

Chanyeol’s eyes widen in surprise. “Sehun, we’re just getting started catching up with everything.”

Sehun’s heart sinks a little further down in his chest. “I - I know but you see, I have this friend staying over and maybe I could work from home so-”

“Hold up, hold up - tell me about this friend of yours,” Chanyeol says as he slides closer to Sehun with a wicked grin. “When you say friend, do you mean friend-friend? A she-friend? A he-friend?”

Sehun already regrets getting himself into this position so he backpedals. “J-just a normal friend. He-friend. But he’s, uhm, new in town and I’d like to show him around,” he stutters, but he can’t fight the blush creeping up his neck.

Chanyeol’s face does that weird thing where every muscle in his face seems to move simultaneously. It looks quite terrifying but Sehun is used to Chanyeol’s odd expressions now.

“You know what, you take that weekend off. I’ll still need you to take two of these boxes with you though, because we absolutely have to get through them before Tuesday.”

“Of course, yes - thanks!”

“You are very,” Chanyeol wiggles his brows and makes a few crude gestures, “welcome, buddy.”

Chanyeol is a great lawyer and an easy-going guy but sometimes talking to his mentor leaves Sehun feeling like he needs a shower.

*

When Sehun walks into his apartment after work, all is quiet. Jongin’s sneakers are still there, so Sehun figures the boy must be asleep. He puts down the small bag of groceries and takes off his shoes and his jacket, when suddenly Jongin is standing behind him, close enough for his breath to tickle Sehun’s nape. Sehun jumps and lets out an embarrassingly high-pitched scream. “ Jongin, are you trying to give me heart attack?!”

Jongin mewls and cowers against the opposite wall, ears flattened against his head, hands held up in surrender. “I’m sorry,” he whimpers over and over again.

Sehun recovers quickly, patting Jongin awkwardly on the shoulder. “Hey, hey, no worries, I’m sorry for yelling at you.”

Jongin is still trembling like a leaf and Sehun feels more and more like a dickwad.

“Jongin - please look at me. Hey. Look at me,” Sehun pleads. “I’m really sorry but… no more sneaking up on me, okay? I’m not used to having friends over, let alone people who move without making any bloody noise. Uhh.. use your weight when you walk, okay? Please?”

Jongin finally draws himself up to his full height again; but he looks miserable and embarrassed. Sehun decides to try a different tactic to cheer him up and picks up the groceries, lying forgotten next to Jongin’s worn down shoes. “Come on, I’ve got food. Are you hungry?”

Jongin avoids Sehun’s eyes but his nose twitches a little at the sight of the bag. “I bought chicken again since you seemed to enjoy that. I hope you like stir-fry?”

Jongin doesn’t respond so Sehun takes his silence for acquiescence, and walks to the kitchen to ge

Please log in to read the full chapter