A New Leaf

Unravel

PiPiPiPiPiPiPiPiPi

PiPiPiPiPiPiPiPiPi

PiPiPi-

I turned off the alarm and pushed it weakly to the floor. I groaned. My eyes felt so heavy. I swayed my hands here and there, trying to find the previously thrown away alarm. My hand found a thing that my brain recognized as the alarm. I opened my eyes slightly, hardly, and looked at the numbers shown. 

"OH, shi- OWW!" My eyes jolted out and I rose up immediately, hitting the top bunk with my head. Argh, the pain. The sleepiness had totally gone, now.

"Uh- What- Why- Who-?" a weak voice came from the top bunk. Seemed like I woke Luhan with my head bang earlier. 

"Hyung, it's friggin 07.30!" I shouted panickly, rushing to the bathroom to take a shower.

"What? Oh. OH YEAH, SCHOOL!" He panicked after his brain finally regain its function. He made a ruckus and practically jumped from the top bunk. 

"Why did you set the alarm at 07.30? It's supposed to be at 06.30!" I shouted from the bathroom, a little angry.

"I'm sorry, I... Wait- You should be the one who set the alarm yourself, you little prick!! How many years has it been now since I'm taking care of your wake-up time, huh?!" he replied. Well, as far as I can remember, he was always the one in charge of setting the alarm. Even when he's not the one who is going to school, or have to wake up in the morning at all. But it just happened that way. I guess his body just moved on his own and taking care of things for me. That's just how it is. Outside the bathroom, I could hear silverwares being set on the table, and the stove being . Luhan is preparing breakfast, I suppose.

"Oh," I forgot the towel. I opened the bathroom door slightly, just enough for sticking my head out. "Hyung, can you pass me the towel?"

Luhan turned to me with his apron on, revealing the sunny side up on the frying pan in front of him. "Uh, no." He waved a spatula and a bowl he was holding on both of his hands. We looked at each other for awhile, and then we smirked. I looked at the towel, outside, at the balcony, hanging from the glider. I reached out my hand. 

Voila. The towel was dragged to my hand now. 

Yes, this is what makes me different. This is why I'm not just an ordinary high school student. I have this weird ability. This exciting ability to move things to my will. It's super convenient in my daily lives.

10 minutes later, biting the toast bread Luhan gave me, I rushed to my bike. I rode my bike faster than I ever have. The elders who were walking or brooming their yard yelled at me, but I have no time to respond. I arrived at school faster than I ever have, and made it just in time before the gate closed shut. I was sweating heavily, but I smiled and celebrate my success.

"Woohoo~!"

And, the morning of my normal school life began. At least, what seems to be normal to other people. Because this secret I have, only Luhan and I know about it. We were special. We talked about things we don't tell other people. Luhan and I, we only have each other. No family, no past memories. 

We were the best of the best friends.

At least, that's what I thought.