It's 4:41am - MinKey

Restless

Title: It's 4:41am

/ Pairing: minkey / POV: minho / Prompt:

 

                  “The rain taps its fingers on my window. It asks if it may sing in my ear as I fall asleep. I wish the rain was you.”

 

Pit pat Pit pat

He is sprawled out on his bed, limbs tangled in the sheets. It’s 4:41am and the world is sleeping. But not him. His mind wanders with the falling of the rain, thoughts elsewhere rather on how tired he should be.

He stares at the off-white ceiling, remembering how comforting the color used to be. How the ticking of the clock didn’t seem as empty as it did now. How the sheets used to be soft and inviting, calling him to close his eyes and dream.

 How the rain didn’t have to sing him to sleep.

 

It was because he was there.

It was because he was there to sing sweet songs in his ear.

It was his laughter that made the off-white color so comforting.

It was his warmth that made the sheets so soft and inviting.

 

Without him, it’s uncomfortable. It’s unnatural. Out of balance.

He constantly feels restless. Tossing and turning. Turning, turning, turning…

Wanting to turn back the clock to what was.

Wanting to fix the mistakes.

 

He lies there, sprawled out on his bed, limbs tangled in the sheets. It’s 4:42am and the world is sleeping.

But not him.

He’s pulling at his hair and wiping away at the tears, regretting what could have been.