Late Night Fun (NI!AU)

Open Ended (Chanbaek Drabbles)

A/n: this is a Not Intended!AU for Faranim because she told me to ahaha;;; I’m sorry for destroying your beautiful characters ;;;;

Warnings: incredible amounts of unintentional OOC-ness and pure lameness

(Sorry for typos ><)

 

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol groaned as he struggled to open his eyes. He curled under the blankets and tugged them over his body, almost slipping back into sleep when the sound of Baekhyun’s muted laughter reached his ears.

He sighed and tried to reason why his arms were so cold and why Baekhyun was currently nowhere in sight, until his foggy mind to focused on the uncomfortable sensation of something hard poking his side and the sound of a soft gasp and another giggle.

Being awoken by his fiancée wasn’t uncommon, but Baekhyun’s unconventional ways of waking him could wait for a more decent time.

Chanyeol rubbed his eyes, turning over to glare suspiciously at the large lump moving under the sheets.

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol murmured, pausing to yawn as he placed his hand on the lump. “Baekhyun, what are you doing?”

He was further awakened by the touch of a small, wet tongue dragging across his cheek.

Chanyeol let out a tired laugh from Baekhyun’s sleepy puppy kisses, although he seemed way too excited for this early in the morning. Chanyeol attempted to push him away, his hand brushing against a small wet nose and fur.

“What the– Baekhyun!”

Chanyeol sat up and threw back the sheets, dragging a small black dog out from underneath them.

He glared at the pup who sagged in his grasp, wiggling for his freedom. He then turned his attention back to another lump under the sheets, pulling it back slightly to reveal Baekhyun’s , wiggling in his bright, loose pajamas.

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol said, getting the smaller male’s attention with a soft smack to his bum.

First came a startled yelp. “Oh, hey! Didn’t know you were still awake,” Baekhyun chirped as he struggled to extract himself from the mess of blankets, flipping his hair back as he smiled to the unamused man.

“I wasn’t,” Chanyeol replied, wiping Nugget’s drool from his cheek with the back of his hand. “I heard you giggling and something kept poking me.”

He looked down to the fat dog squirming in his hands, before Nugget dropped onto the bed and waddled over to Baekhyun’s side.

“Oh, Nugget just got a little excited,” Baekhyun said, rubbing the dogs head. “You know what they say. A happy tail leads to a happy trail.” He smiled, poking at Chanyeol’s bellybutton.

“Actually no. No one says that; what does that even mean–?”

“Wait, you didn’t think I was trying to bone you my sleep, do you?” he interrupted, looking down to nugget with a frown. “But I think you’d know that I’m not this furry, Yeol.” He paused to run his fingers against Nugget’s short, black tail. “Or this small.” He blinked as he looked up to Chanyeol, his face highlighted by the flashlight. “Am I?”

“Of course not, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol said absentmindedly, taking the flashlight from him to stop Baekhyun from shining it in his eyes, “but what was your dog doing in our bed?”

“He couldn’t sleep. So I was reading him a bedtime story.”

Chanyeol pulled the thick book from Baekhyun’s fingers, shining the light across the cover as he carefully squinted at it. “Isn’t this one of your romance novels?”

“Yep! Now give it back; we weren’t done yet.”

“Don’t you think it’s a bit too early to be doing this?”

“It’s never too early to teach our son the ways of love and lovers, Chanyeol. Of heartbreak and betrayal; of drama and–”

“Baekhyun, your dog cannot understand the implications of a sappy romance story for lonely, middle aged women.”

“That’s not important. He wanted me to read to him, so I did,” he responded with a judgmental squint of his eyes, snatching the book back and inspecting it to make sure Chanyeol didn’t bend any of the pages.

Chanyeol rubbed at his eyes and leaned back against the headboard, carefully watching the smaller male. “What are you doing on the opposite side of the bed? I distinctly remember you falling asleep in my arms last night.”

“But then Nugget kept whining and I had to keep our son happy, Yeol. What else was I supposed to do, hearing him whimper like that? It was so heartbreaking; you would have done the same thing.”

“I can assure you I would not have hidden with the dog underneath the sheets to read him your romance novels at 3 in the morning.”

Baekhyun placed his hands over Nugget’s ears. “Chanyeol,” he chided, “don’t be so heartless.”

Chanyeol glared back at him. “It is too early for these games, Baek.” He yawned and tried to lift Nugget from the bed, but the pup resisted, struggling in his grasp until Chanyeol gave up and let him drop into Baekhyun’s arms with an exasperated sigh. “Just – just take him out of the room so we can sleep, Baekhyun.”

“Fine then,” Baekhyun said, sitting up and hugging the dog to his chest, “Nugget and I will just go back to my room, and we’ll finish reading there.”

He set the dog on the floor and slipped off the bed, but Chanyeol reached out and grabbed his wrist.

“No no,” Chanyeol asserted, tugging the brunet back to the side of the bed, “you stay here and sleep.”

“But I’m not tired. And Nugget wants to hear what happens next.”

“Nugget can hear the end of your book tomorrow morning, but for now, you’re staying here in bed with me.”

“But Chanyeol,” Baekhyun started, but he was interrupted as Chanyeol pulled him backward, lifting him slightly to tug him into the bed. He ignored Baekhyun’s protests as he threw the blanket over his thin frame and wrapped his arms around the brunet’s waist, pressing Baekhyun’s back against his chest.

“No more objections.”

“But what about Nugget–”

“Just leave him.”

“We can’t leave him all alone.”

“Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun frowned, shuffling a little in Chanyeol’s arms to get more comfortable, and said “Someone’s grumpy,” after a while. He poked at Chanyeol’s nose, and the giant’s arms tightened around him.

“It’s late and I’m tired.” He let out a deep sigh. “I don’t want to share you.”

“Nugget isn’t going to steal me and keep me captive in a tower, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun hummed.

“I’d still save you like your Prince Charming, princess,” he mumbled tiredly, nuzzling his nose into his neck.

Baekhyun huffed. “Prince Charming was a cheat; he had too many princesses he claimed to love all at once and none of them even knew about each other. It’s not a very healthy relationship, if I may say so myself. He’s too one-dimensional and overused. All I really need instead is–”

“Me. Your Mr. Wonderful.”

“–Cheesecake. But I guess you’re okay too.”

Baekhyun laughed softly when Chanyeol remained silent, before he turned slightly to place a small kiss on the giant’s lips before snuggling back against him. “Goodnight, grumpy.”