The First Law

Inertia

Newton's First Law of Motion: Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.

 

Exo had debuted and their lives became crazier than ever. They had promotions galore and barely enough time to breathe in between. On the rare occasion they did have down time, they either practiced or slept. The lead dancers were always trying hard to perfect their every move while the vocal line worked on their songs until their voices were hoarse. The rap line, including Tao and Kris, repeated the words again and again until they literally did know it in their sleep. Kris could recall a very interesting occasion where he had walked by Tao's room late at night only to hear the boy mumbling the rap for their newest song.

While all this work and attention couldn't make Tao happier, it served to make Kris very frustrated indeed. Being made a leader, he now had twice the duties. Twice the interviews (especially since his English was 'charming' ), twice the press conferences, and twice the meetings with their manager. Though it did mean Kris got closer with all the members, it also meant less time, and skinship, with Tao. And this served to make Kris very unhappy indeed. Because, as he had reasoned a few weeks a ago: A glimpse of Tao's a day keeps his urges at bay. 

But, he supposed, not seeing Tao as much made the times he did see him more special.

At least, that's what he told himself.

   --------

It was a night like tonight Kris loved hated most of all. He and Tao were alone in a practice room. The younger had asked him to critique his latest martial arts routine, and who was he to deny him? Not like he really knew much aside from the few Bruce Lee movies he had watched, but that was besides the point. Especially if it meant free reign to discreetly stare at Tao's for an hour or more. 

After said hour, Tao stopped, panting with a sheepish smile on his face. "Yifan," he said slowly, shuffling his feet. "I need your help with something." 

Kris took a moment, not immediately realizing that Tao had spoken. He stood with a stretch and was suddenly very glad he had baggy pants on. "With what?"

"Well..." Tao blushed a little. "There's a move I need another person for. It shouldn't hurt, but..." 

Kris frowned a little. He did not have a very high pain tolerance. "But?" Tao blushed more.

"It's a little, um....much. I would sort of...er...dip you. And then flip you." 

Kris nearly choked on his own breath. "Flip me?! That definitely will hurt!" 

"I will lay out mats, duizhang. Don't worry." 

Kris was suddenly sure Tao knew he would do anything if called him that. With a sigh, he agreed. And after Tao covered the floor in wrestling mats, he was suddenly glad he did so. For just a little Tao basically grabbed his and he had to bite the inside of his cheek to keep from letting out a gasp. Though he quickly lost most of the dignity he was trying to uphold when he was slammed to the ground and let out a loud yelp as all the air was knocked out of him. Laughing, Tao helped him up. 

"Again, Yifan. And please try not to yell."

-------

Chanyeol was walking through the building after finishing some guitar practice with Yixing when he heard voices coming from a practice room. Normally, he would have paid such things no mind, but the combination of Kris and Tao's voices had him a little interested. Especially since he had yet to see Tao do more than the standard wushu routine and he certainly wouldn't mind seeing why no one tried to pick a physical fight with him. 

But with only one step into the practice room he quickly changed his plans. Tao was dipping Kris and Kris was smiling and he was pretty sure it was because the younger's hand was tightly gripping his . Chanyeol was about to walk away and figure out how they had gotten together without him noticing when he heard a pitiful yelp and a loud thud. He turned back around and saw a laughing Tao helping up a very flustered Kris and understood with a sigh of relief that they were not in fact getting it on where he and the other members danced. 

But then why was Kris enjoying the touch?

And then suddenly Chanyeol understood and backed away slowly with wide eyes before breaking off into a sprint.

-------

After 30 minutes of Kris falling of his own accord rather than Tao's, the younger deemed practice a lost cause. With an annoyed sigh he told his leader to leave 

A week passed and Tao requested the same favor of Kris. Of course the leader was more than happy to oblige. But they were stopped halfway to the studio by a very serious looking Chanyeol.


"Kris," he said, voice void of his usually cheery tone. "I need to talk to you." 

Deciding that the happiest guy he knew acting solemn was to be taken seriously, he waved Tao on and gave his friend a look that said to hurry. Though, before he could question why Chanyeol was taking away from his Tao time, he spoke.

"You like Tao, don't you?" Kris was sure his legs almost gave out before deciding he should try to keep his facade a little longer.

"Of course, he's my friend." Chanyeol shifted in annoyance and moved closer to Kris, lowering his voice. 

"Don't play. Just tell me instead of insulting my intelligence."

Kris let out a shaky sigh. "I...do. But, please, don't think I'm weird or anything. I-"

"It's fine, I understand." 

Kris' eyes widened a little. "You mean-"

"Baekhyun."

"Oh."

Chanyeol shoved his hands in his pockets. "You can't tell anyone, Yifan."

Kris let out an awkward chuckle. "I know. You can't tell anyone about Tao either." Chanyeol let out a more genuine laugh. 

"Everyone knows anyway. Except Tao, of course. The poor boy is so naive." Kris sighed.

"Am I really that obvious?"

"Your eyes are on his like all the time. You might as well write 'I like Huang Zitao' on your forehead." 

Kris laughed as well. 

-------

Though Tao knew he should respect his hyungs' privacy, he couldn't help being as curious as Kris about Chanyeol's serious manner. So, he hid around the corner and quieted his breathing, biting his lip as he listened.

But he almost wished he hadn't stayed because what he heard his leader say about him made him go through ten different shades of red. And suddenly Kris never looking him in the eye made sense and he regretted every pair of skinny jeans he had ever worn. 

He ran off and sent a quick text to Kris that he suddenly wasn't feeling well. Which wasn't really a lie. The sudden strain in his pants certainly did not feel good at all.

-------

After a little over a week, Tao was finally able to be around his leader with out turning scarlet. Though, he hadn't entirely mastered keeping his lower half under control. Hearing that Kris really admired his rear end made him realize that perhaps the increased amount of skinship he had initiated was a little more than the company had requested. And that perhaps he liked Kris too. And that he sort of really enjoyed grabbing Kris' .

Most nights Tao still asked Kris to watch him when he practiced his martial arts. Especially since he had improved in his critique and had asked Tao to teach him something. Tonight was one of those nights. As Tao finished the final move in his routine, he gave a huge grin to Kris. Who, in turn, gave him an equally wide grin and a thumbs up while standing. 

"Ready to head back to the dorm?" Tao nodded. 

But as they went outside they were bombarded with a group of fans and Kris inwardly cursed because they were the last to leave and were basically screwed. Slowly getting pushed till their backs were against the front doors, Kris turned to Tao with just the smallest excited grin on his face. Tao gave him a horrified look which he decided to ignore.

"Let's run," he whispered. And they did. They dashed to their right and dodged down a few alleys before they finally heard the screaming and scraping of feet stop. Kris leaned against a wall covered in graffiti and let out a breathy laugh. "That was-"

But the rest of his sentence was interrupted by Tao's surprisingly very soft lips.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hey guys~


Sorry this update took so long. I have been very busy. 

I finally got some time, but I know this chapter is just a little short. Again, I am sorry. Be happy, though, because I plan to make my updates sooner in the future. And they will get longer.

If you guys have any suggestions for the story, I would be happy to consider them! ^^ I already have the plot planned out, but the details are something I'm a bit iffy on. I'm new to this sort of thing, and would love the help you guys would be willing to give!

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave me a message. Again, I hope to update sooner in the future, and improve upon my writing. 

Thank you. <3 

P.s: This chapter may be subject to change in the future. There are a few little things that I'm not completely happy with. Please let me know if you think some changes may be best,