Finaaaaal

Love me, Love me not?

Finger hovering over the computer mouse, she closed her eyes and took a long breath before finally clicking the link with a shaky hand.

Her eyes lingered over the heading, reading slowly.

Seo-han-se-ven-hun-dred-six-ty-three-sto-ries.

Each syllable resonated in her head like a bell, each word dropped into her gut like a pound of bricks. She could feel her eyes b with unwelcomed tears.

Get it together, Hwang. What the hell are you doing?  Tiffany yelled at herself, trying to calm down.

Just then, the door of her apartment slammed and footsteps made their way towards her room. Tiffany closed the screen of her laptop and let out a breath that she didn’t know that she was holding. She stood up, and her elbow accidentally knocked against the desk, pushing a pencil onto the ground. Tiffany bent over to pick it up, holding it gingerly with two fingers. As she straightened up, she felt arms slip around her waist from behind.

“I missed you, Miyoung.” the sound of Luhan’s voice sent a shiver through her back, and she let herself lean back a little, trying to erase what she had seen from her mind. Tiffany turned around to face him, their eyes locking briefly.

“I missed you too.” Tiffany whispered, looking down. “Um, let’s go. It’s getting dark and the park will close soon.”

“Okay, let me go change into something more comfortable.” Luhan replied, winking. Tiffany nodded, watching as he disappeared from the doorway. She turned and the pictures on the wall caught her eye. They were of her and Luhan together, ever since they had started dating two years ago. They reminded her of brighter, happier times, when she didn’t have so much pressure from the company, so much practice, so many things to worry about.

~~

As they strolled towards the general direction of the park, cutting across the grass, Luhan chattered about his day of rehearsals and training. Tiffany felt her mind drift back to Seohyun and Luhan. Seohan.

It was no secret that the two were friends, and it was no wonder all the fans believed they were something more than just friends. Seohyun was kind, understanding, mature, and smart. Luhan was funny, mischievous, and easygoing. Seohyun was tall and slim, her skin was flawless, and her face was perfectly perfect. Luhan was even taller, with doe-eyes and a beautiful smile. They were simply “made for each other,” as the fans put it. And who was she, Tiffany Hwang, to keep them apart?

“Miyoung? Miyoungie? Were you listening to me?” Luhan’s voice pierced into her thoughts like an arrow.

“Yeah, Lu? Were you trying to say something?”

“I was just talking about practice today. Anyways, today, after rehearsals, I was leaving with Baek, but there was this light on over on the other side of the building, so I went to go check it out,” Luhan described as the cut across the grass and into the park, hooking his arm around Tiffany’s. “And then you know who it was? Seohyun. Can you believe that she was practicing after hours even though we’re supposed to be on holiday? That girl is getting better and better everyday. She’s such a good dancer and her voice is so nice too.” Luhan remarked, completely oblivious to Tiffany’s negative reaction.

"Um, what happened afterwards?" Tiffany asked, trying to force down the tears in her eyes.

“Hmm. Nothing. Me and Baek left.” he answered, staring blankly across the park at a squirrel scampering across the uncut grass. For a moment, no one said anything. Tiffany’s throat tightened and she felt herself choke up in the cold autumn air.

“Um, Lu? Can I ask you something?”

“Sure...what do you want to ask?”

“Lu...Do you...do you love me?” Luhan frowned, his eyes showed both confusion and worry.

“Of course I love you, Miyoung.”

“Oh. Okay.”

Why did you ask me that?" Luhan asked carefully, closely watching Tiffany's reaction.

"Because...because...no reason." Tiffany stuttered, letting her hair sweep in front of her face as she suddenly became very interested in straightening the collar of her dress. Luhan put his hands on her shoulders and shifted her position so she was facing him.

"Hwang Miyoung, who do you think I am? I've known you since we were trainees, and I can tell you are lying to me. There is a reason. You just need to tell me."

"I don't know, Luhan...Sometimes I think that I'm just being delusional." Tiffany confessed without looking up.

"Just...tell me. Please." Tiffany took a deep breath, her nails digging into her palm.

"I...Today, I...I was on my computer...and I accidentally got linked to a fansite...And...everyone pairs you with Seohyun...All the time. You and Seohyun have a fanbase about five times as large as ours. And the thing is, I’m starting to believe it too. That maybe you and Seohyun are perfect for each other...and I just can’t take it anymore."

"That is the reason you're unhappy? Fans? The opinions of teenagers with nothing else to do?" Luhan clarified, chuckling to himself.

"Hey, stop laughing. I'm being serious." Tiffany objected, turning away with a dark expression. "Maybe we are just not meant to be, Lu...Maybe we are just lying to ourselves..."

“Stop it, Hwang Miyoung. Listen to me. Do you know why I let you call me “oppa” even though you’re older than me? Why I watch your dramas with you even though I’d rather be watching a soccer game? Why I make you waffles every morning even though I prefer pancakes? Why do I get up early even though I’m not a morning person? Why is it that I buy lemon scented air fresheners even though I’d rather have the cinnamon scented ones? Why do you think I go shopping with you even though it’s on my top ten list of things I normally wouldn’t want to do? Why?” Luhan paused, tenderly tucking a strand of hair behind Tiffany’s ear. “Because when I’m with you, it doesn’t matter how old I am. Because I’d rather be doing anything with you than watching soccer. Because I know that pancakes give you a dry throat in the mornings, I know that even though I’m not a morning person, you are, I know that the smell of lemons make you happy. And because I don’t want you to ever be without me when I could’ve been there. Why? Because I love you. That’s why. I would give up all my fans to be with you.”

Tiffany felt a tiny part of her melt inside as his words sank in, all her worries disappearing, her eyes blurring with tears. She stopped walking and buried her face in his sweatshirt, taking in his scent, wishing she could bottle it up in her mind to remember that moment forever.

“I love you too.”


~~

So much cheeeeeeeeeese. I'm sorry for the terrible-ness, I really haven't had much time to write. Love you.