Around and Beyond

Dreams Come True
6Q4D6El.gif
5YYfi4b.png
Around and Beyond
"Did you see my sister yet?" Krystal asked. "I heard she was one of the judges today."

"Yea. She was."

"Sorry that we suddenly moved to Korea," Krystal said, appologetically. "I wanted to say goodbye, but after that whole "incident," Sica couldn't bare to stay in San Francisco any more."

I smiled bitterly. I felt as though I needed to tell Krystal what really happened, but then I didn't want to lose her too. I hoped that Jessica would tell Krystal and Krystal wouldn't get too mad when she finds out. After all, it was because of me that she left in the first place.

 

Krystal led me to the cafeteria, where the lunch ladies were busy cooking, with many famous artists lined up to get lunch. I never thought singers and dancers had to get in line to get food as I did in school. The thought of it made me giggle. They weren't so different from us in some ways.

Getting my trays filled with delicious Korean food, I sat down, next to Krystal with some of her friends. 

"Tiffany," Krystal started. "I want you to meet Red Velvet's Wendy and Exo's Sehun. We are 94-line along with Sulli, Seulgi, and Kai. Guys I want you to meet Tiffany."

"Hello guys," I said with a big smile.

"Annyeonghasaeyo," they replied.

"She's a friend of my sister's," Krystal explained. "Ther are practically blood sisters. Sica is more closer to Fany than she is with me."

I smiled bitterly, as it was not the truth. Then Eun Hyuk came over to our table.

"Your name was Tiffany, right?" he asked.

"Yes," I replied, stunned that he remebered my name.

"Your audition was very memorable. I think Mr. Lee enjoyed it very much also. He sees a great possibility in you."

I looked at Krystal, amazed that Mr. Lee enjoyed my song. Krystal stared back, just as shocked and amazed.

"I see that you have already met some of our artists," he continued. "Krystal did you show Ms. Tiffany around the building yet?"

"Yes, oppa," said Krystal. "I already did. No worries. Just worry about getting yourself a girlfriend."

Then the whole table laughed, and I laughed with them. I was so happy. More than happy. Overjoyed. I felt as if I was already a artist of SMTOWN. After Eun Hyuk left us, Krystal asked me where I would stay for the time being. I thought about it for a second, but then realized I had nowhere to go to.

"Well," she started. "If you don't have any where to go to, you can always come to our dorms."

"No, it's alright," I lied. "I've got a house in Korea now."

 

After departing SM, I took the subway heading towards the hotel nearby. Although Krystal's dorm sounded really nice, I couldn't risk being seen by Jessica. Seeing how she acted today towards me, she still haven't forgotten or forgiven me. It would take a long time, but I hoped we could go back to how we were when we were young. Dragging my tired body to the nearest hotel, I thought back to why we fought in the first place.

It was about fourteen years ago. Jessica offered me and my boyfriend at the time, Jong Hyun, to go on a double date with her and her boy friend at the time, Chang Min. I gladly accepted as I didn't have much friends other than Jessica. We went to the amusement park. After riding couple of different rides, Jessica and Jong Hyun went to ride the roller coasters while Chang Min and I sat down near because we were scared of roller coasters. I was looking at little kids walking by when suddely Chang Min talked to me.

"How are things going with Jong Hyun?" he asked.

"Fine," I replied. "He's really sweet."

"Really?" he asked. "Want to know something that no one else does?"

"What?"

"Jong Hyun... He's actually a monster."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, offended.

"Do you know how many girls he dated?" he asked. "Hundreds, if not thousands. He is like a girl eating monster. No he IS a monster."

"How can you say that about your best friend?" I asked, yelling.

"Who says he is my best friend?" he retorted, glaring at me.

I was so stunned that I lost my words. Instead my hands came out, and I slapped him on the face.

"If you were just a bit smarter," he said, rather calmly. "You should leave Jong Hyun and come to me. I'm willing to break up with Jessica for you."

Shocked by what he said, I raised my hand and tried to slap him again. This time, however, Chang Min caught my wrist. Then he pulled me to him.

"Let me go," I said, trying to get my hand free.

Instead of letting me go, he moved closer to me and whispered in my ear, "Think about it."

Then I heard someone fmailiar. "What are you doing?" the person asked.

I turned around to see Jessica, with a lemonade in her hand. I could see the anger and disappointment in her eyes. She looked as if she could cry if someone touched her. The Sica I knew, strong, cheerful, and happy, was no longer there. She seemed so delicate and fragile. She didn't seem like someone I knew.

"Sica," I started.

"Don't talk to me," she snapped. She then threw her lemonade into the trash can and walked away.

"Look what you have done now," I said to Chang Min and chased after Jessica.

That was the last time I saw Jessica in America.

 

I checked in at the main lobby and took the elevator to the sixth floor. The air smelled of Pink Chiffon, one of my favorite. I entered my room with the keys and headed straight for the bed. It was really comfortable, me in. I wanted to take a shower and wanted eat something, but I was too tired and fell right asleep.

 

Ring, ring, ring

Who is it? I thought to myself.

I got my phone that was on the bedstand near.

"Hello?" I said, on my phone, my eyes still closed.

Silence.

"Hello?" I said, again. 

Silence, again.

"Who is this?" I said, now opening my eyes.

Still, no reply.

I didn't know why, but something told me that it was Jessica.

"Jessica?" I asked. "Sica... I..." Then the person hung up on me.

Sighing, I placed my phone on the bedstand again. I tried to fall back asleep for the long day tomorrow, but there was too much in my mind and I couldn't fall back asleep. So instead, I the television, hoping something good was airing to catch my attention. I flipped throw more than fifty channels when I finally gave up and decided to take a walk around the hotel. I grabbed my keys and my purse and headed out. The night wind felt really nice against my skin. I walked to Han River, which was a bit of a walk, but definitely worth taking. When I got there, there was a big crowd, which I thought was strange as it was 4 a.m. in the morning. Among the crowd I saw Krystal. I waved my hand at her, hoping she would see me.

"Are you part of the cast?" someone asked.

"Sorry?" I asked, confused.

"I said, are you part of the cast? For the drama?"

I then noticed the cameras and the camera men, the light reflector, the make up artists, the director surrounding Krystal.

"Oh, no," I replied, awkward and embarrased.

"I'm sorry, but then I can't have you in here," he said.

"Sorry, I just know her..."

"Many people claim they know her," he retorted. "But you have to realize, she is a Kpop star. Many people around the world know her."

I wanted to say that I knew her personally, but I was too tired to argue back, so I just appologized and headed back towards the hotel. It was a little saddening that I could no longer see the little girl I knew whenever I wanted. But still, I was happy for her. She seemed to enjoy it very much.

I headed back to the hotel and went up to my room. I took a shower and feeling hungry, as I have not eaten dinner yesterday, I headed out to get some breakfast from the restaurant near the hotel. The restaurant was located inside the Galleria Mall near SM. There, I chose the pancake place as I craved pancakes. I ordered eggs and pancakes, and dived in. After the meal, feeling full, I searched my phone for a place to visit by myself. I decided to visit Itaewon when I got a phone call from Krystal.

"Fany unnie," she said. "What are you going to do today?"

"I was thinking of taking a tour around Seoul," I replied. "By myself."

"By yourself? Awwww Fany! You should be introduced to Seoul properly! I don't have much free time today.... So I will ask my sister if she can."

Panicking, I declined. I told her that Sica might be busy today.

"You are right. Then I'll ask someone else. Where are you now?"

"I'm at the pancake place located inside Galleria Mall."

"Ok, I'll see who is available and send him or her to there." With that she hung up.

I paid for the breakfast I had eaten and decided to wait outside. Whoever it was that Krystal had sent, I could hear them coming, as the crowd got louder and bigger. I looked over the crowd to see Victoria and a male. As they got closer, I trembled. I couldn't take my eyes off of the boy next to Victoria. The boy next to Victoria was...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Chang Min

Author's Notes
Did you guys enjoy the 2nd chapter? Comments and Subscribtions are VERY welcomed *wink wonk*