Acquaintance

Dreams Come True
6Q4D6El.gif
5YYfi4b.png
Acquaintance
"Annyeonghaseyo Tiffany-shi," said Victoria. "I'm F(x)'s biggest unnie, Victoria. This here is my friend Chang Min."

"Hello," Chang Min said.

I wanted to act like nothing happened, but I couldn't. I wanted to ask what he was doing here, but I didn't want to explain the bad relationship of use to Victoria. I just awkwardly stood there, staring at Chang Min.

"Uh... Tiffany?" Victoria called. "I know Chang Min is very good looking, but we should go. More and more people are coming."

Then, I took my eyes off of Chang Min and looked around. She was right. Now, there was a semi-circle formed around us, taking pictures and yelling out Chang Min and Victoria's name. One of them asked "Are you guys dating?" to Victoria and Chang Min, but Victoria just simply answered they were friends.

"Do you have a mask and a hat?" Victoria asked. "Or a bag?"

"I have a purse," I replied.

"Cover your face using that," she said. "Too many people. You wouldn't want your face to be known even before you debut. Especially with a guy."

"What about you?" I asked.

Instead of responding, she took out sunglasses from her bag and put them on her face. Chang Min put his hat on to cover his face.

"Are you ready to go?" Victoria asked.

I knodded, and then all three of us headed outside to the van Victoria and Chang Min came in. By then, more than 200 people were surrounding us, and the security guards had to make way so that we can exit the building.

"So do you any place in mind?" Victoria asked.

"Well," I started. "I was thinking of going to Itaewon. But I feel bad. It must be hard with all those people crowding over."

"Nah, we got used to it," Victoria replied.

"Yeah," Chang Min said. "It's not as bad as you think. Once you get used to it, you have ways to get around without getting noticed. Unless you are really famous like Vic noona here." He then laughed out loud, which digusted me.

"Oh please," said Victoria.

During the whole car ride I just sat quitely in the back seat with Victoria. I quietly listened to the conversation between them, going back and forth, hating Chang Min. They were talking about how it is being an artist. Victoria talked about how she missed her home in China, but not as much as before as she has made many friends. After 30 minutes of car ride, we got off and entered a cafe nearby. Thankfully, not many people were inside. Victoria ordered a decaf for herself and an espresso for Chang Min, without even asking him. I ordered a strawberry smoothie for myself.

When we settled down I asked Victoria, "How did you know to order espresso for Chang Min?"

"He always order espresso," she replied.

"You sound like you have drank coffee with him a lot."

"Well, yes. We are friends and I like to have cup of coffee occassionally."

"is it true? About you guys dating? Even if it is, I won't tell anyone."

Chang Min looked somewhat startled and flustered.

"Well," Victoria started. "He does have a girlfriend, but it's not  me."

Victoria, then, excused herself to go to the bathroom.

"I'm sorry guys," Victoria said. "I'm going to run to the bathroom real quick. I'll be right back."

"No, no," I said, forcing a smile. "Take your time."

As soon as she left, I gave about a minute of silence, and then I turned to Chang Min.

"Why... How are you here?" I asked. "Does Jessica know that you are here?"

"Long time no see, Tiffany," Chang Min said. "How have you been?"

"Don't avoid my question," I snapped.

"You've changed," he said.

I glared at him, waiting for him to answer my question.

Sighing, he replied. "Yes, Sica knows that I'm here. Of course she does. How can she not?"

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. Instead I raised my hand to slap him again. He caught my wrist again, so I used my left hand to punch him in the stomache. He let out a soft grunt, but he didn't seem to be in much pain.

"You really got to know how to control your anger," he said.

"Control my anger? Control my anger?!" I yelled. "How can you do this to her? She liked you so much. She adored you. She loved you! Bu... But... you get yourself a girlfriend?! How are you even a human?"

"You don't even know half-of the story" he said. "She didn't tell you did she?"

I looked at him puzzled, wanting him to continue on, but Victoria came out of the bathroom just then.

"So, how are you liking Korea so far?" he asked, acting as if we were friends.

"Fine," I replied, coldly.

"I see you guys have made conversations with each other," Victoria said, sitting down.

"Yes," Chang Min replied before I could even open my mouth. "We are acquaintance now."

Author's Notes
                How was this chapter? Comments and Subscribtions are VERY welcomed!