Part Two

The Side Effect
 part two; The Incident
 Your eyes, they shine so bright I wanna save that light

 

The next morning, Baekhyun found his phone spammed with dozens of missed calls. From Chanyeol. And when the phone rang with Chanyeol’s caller ID appearing on the screen, Baekhyun picked it up immediately.

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol shouted. The voice was identical to the one he heard last night. But there was a tinge of difference. This voice sounded more like the Chanyeol he met during the therapy sessions.

“C-hh-anyeol?” Baekhyun was shaking. He was afraid of yet another rejection.

“Oh thank goodness you answered! Look, about yesterday night…” Chanyeol began.

“It’s cool.” Baekhyun lied.

“What exactly did I say to you Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked.

Confusion swept Baekhyun. How could he forget something that just happened less than twenty four hours ago? Was he really that insignificant to the point that anything related to him was so easily forgotten? Chanyeol may have forgotten. But Baekhyun would always remember.

“You told me to get lost.” Baekhyun whispered, his voice barely audible.

“Pardon? Didn’t catch that sorry.” Chanyeol spoke.

“I said you told me to...to”

“Told you to?”

“To get lost.” Baekhyun answered as the tears begin forming in his eyes.

“Oh my I’m so sorry Baekhyun! I didn’t mean what I said! I really didn’t!” Chanyeol explained profusely.

“Really?”

“Of course! I-I was not in a good mood yesterday. I didn’t know what I was saying. I’m sorry.”

The grimace on Baekhyun’s face was immediately shaped into a delightful smile. “Okay.” He said.

“You forgive me?” The other end spoke.

“Yea.”

“Thank you. Goodbye Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said.

“Bye, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun spoke. I love you.

img_1221244303766_3721.jpg

 

I want to hide the truth
I want to shelter you

 

Chanyeol read the piece of paper that was left exposed on his office table. A sad smile forming on his face as his stray thoughts wondered off to Baekhyun. He knew the phone call was too close of a shave. Something had to be done. Boundaries had to be made. Rules had to be set. And so Chanyeol informed the telephone line to block Baekhyun’s number for good. It was for his own good.

“Rina?” Chanyeol called for his secretary.

“Mr Park?” She answered.

“Cancel all therapy sessions with Mr Byun. And if he ever books any appointments in the future, just tell him I’m full.”

“Why…?”

“Nothing. Just do as I said.” Chanyeol replied. I need to protect him.

 

But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide

 

Continuing with his short poem, he realised how much it related to his own life. Indeed there was a beast inside of him. A beast that would be let out daily when the sun set and disappear when the sun rose the following day.

That’s the reason why Chanyeol never allowed anyone near him after 7pm. This period was a period of instability. Chanyeol hurt someone before. And he did not want Baekhyun to get hurt. But alas, there's nowhere we can hide.

 

img_1221244303766_3721.jpg

 

“What the hell do you mean my therapy sessions are cancelled?” Baekhyun shouted at Luna over the phone.

“Well, Mr Park’s secretary sent us a notification and apparently he said that due to your speedy recovery, there was no need for another therapy session.” Luna replied.

“WHAT!” Baekhyun shouted. “W-why would Chanyeol do such a thing?”

“What’s wrong Baekhyun? Didn’t you hate therapy sessions? Weren’t you always delighted whenever it came to the end?” Luna spoke.

Whenever it came to the end. Baekhyun shook his head in denial. “NO! It will not end!” He shouted before slamming the phone on the receiver and locked himself in the room.

Did Chanyeol really disliked Baekhyun so much? To the extent he had to cancel all their future appointments. Baekhyun banged his fist on the wall with frustration gripping his guts.

No wonder his mother was puzzled by his peculiar reaction. In the past where therapy sessions were cut short after Baekhyun made the special deal with the psychiatrists, he would be more than happy. In fact, he loved it when he need not attend therapy sessions. That was until he met Chanyeol. Chanyeol made therapy sessions from the torment he absolutely dreaded; to the heaven like experience he now felt whenever he saw Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol brought him to the highest of heights. Chanyeol made his impression of bipolar change. Chanyeol made Baekhyun see the beauty in life. How the world was an amazing universe. How it was perfectly okay to have some psychological issues, as long as we accepted ourselves for who we are. And Chanyeol accepted Baekhyun for who he was. And slowly, Baekhyun did the same.

The medication only improved Baekhyun’s condition by a mild bit. The factor that cured Baekhyun, was actually Chanyeol.

 

We all have different sides, different personalities.

Sometimes we’re happy sometimes we aren’t It just depends on whether we show it or not.

 

And just because Baekhyun had a tendency to to show it more than any other human beings, that doesn’t mean he wasn’t normal. In fact, Baekhyun was thankful for this disorder. For without it, he would not have met Park Chanyeol. This man that has changed his mindset completely. This man that has opened up his world. This man that had taught him how to live.

 

But as Chanyeol could bring him to the highest of the heights, he could also make Baekhyun fall to the deepest of the bottoms. In the mere time span of a day, Chanyeol broke his heart twice. Chanyeol told him to get lost. And then he mended his heart by the apology, only to have it shatter into thousands pieces of agony with the cancellation of future therapy sessions.

“Why Chanyeol?” Baekhyun spoke even though he was fully aware Chanyeol could not hear him. And the idea occurred to him.

Ringing Chanyeol’s number, he felt his heart wince yet another time when the automated voice spoke, “The number you have reached is currently unavailable. Please try again later. Thank you.”

When he dialled again, he was greeted by the same response.

“Why?” Baekhyun asked as he shoved his face in his pillow.

 

When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail


 

Why did you make me feel at the top of the world?

Why did you make me happy?

Why did you make me fall in love with you?

 

The tears continuously trickled down his face. He looked outside the window, as depression hung in the still air like the silence that was engulfing the room. Baekhyun felt as though he was thrown back to two months ago. To the helpless kid that lost his way. Only this time that kid had a broken heart.

 

Why did you tell me to get lost?

Why did you cancel all our sessions?

Why didn’t you want to see me?

Why do you dislike me?

 

Why did Chanyeol suddenly give up on Baekhyun just like the rest of the world did? They never said it, but Baekhyun was not stupid. He could see, he could tell. He knew that his teachers found him hopeless. He was a playful kid that never took anything seriously. Failing grades, vandalism and even arson. Baekhyun had a crazy personality during his manic episodes. He was what they called hopeless.

And during his depressive episodes which mostly occurred at home, he would evolve into this “emo” kid with a temper issue. He shouted at his parents. And even though they never seemed to have given up on him (they would always encourage him), he knew that deep down in their hearts, they had renounced a long time ago. On the day he came back from his first therapy session to be exact. He was what they called hopeless.

But Chanyeol was none of that. He was much more. He was the light in the darkness of the world that Baekhyun resided in. Chanyeol never judged him. And if it was anything, Chanyeol understood him. He understood his issues and how he felt. And he resolved all of them. Or at least he used to.

Are the worst of all
And the blood's run stale

 

img_1221244303766_3721.jpg

 

“Chanyeol…Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol heard Baekhyun’s voice over the phone.

“H-how did you call through? I thought I blocked you…” Chanyeol stuttered.

He heard a laugh as Baekhyun replied, “So I was right, you did block me.” Chanyeol lowered his head in shame.

“Why?” Baekhyun asked.

“Because…because I don’t want you to get hurt Baekhyun.” Chanyeol sighed. “I’m afraid.”

“But I’m not. I’m not afraid. I believe you won’t hurt me Chanyeol. I trust you.” But I don’t trust myself. Chanyeol thought as he did not reply. How could he reply?

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun spoke. And when Chanyeol remained silent, Baekhyun became distressed. “Park Chanyeol! Talk to me!” The voice shouted as it got transmitted through the receiver. “Chanyeol! If you don’t answer me I don’t know what I’ll do.”

“Chanyeol!”

There was still no reply. And as Chanyeol listened to the other end, listened to Baekhyun’s cries, the only thing he could do was hold back his tears that were threatening to fall.

“If you’re not at my house in thirty minutes time.” Baekhyun’s voice was scarily threatening. “I-I’ll kill myself.”

“You wouldn’t” Was all Chanyeol said before the line went dead.

 

Panic charged through his veins. He knew that Baekhyun’s condition was still not stable. And if it was anything, when a person in depressive episode said they would suicide, they would suicide.

He glanced over at the clock. It was 6.45pm. Hesitation swept his body as he made mental calculations. It took only five minutes of driving time to get to Baekhyun’s house, which address he had thankfully memorised just in case. That would leave him with exactly ten minutes. Ten minutes was all he had to coax Baekhyun. He could do it.

Dashing out of his office, Chanyeol unsteadily started up his car and drove off at high velocity. Baekhyun. Baekhyun. Baekhyun. His mind kept repeating his name. He had to get there fast. Fast enough so that he could leave fast enough.

Kicking the front door open without second thought, Chanyeol desperately searched the entire house, looking for Baekhyun. And when his eyes caught sight of the small figure seating on the bathroom floor, he finally allowed himself some breathing space.

 

“Baekhyun...?” Chanyeol said.

“You came.” Baekhyun said as he turned around to face Chanyeol. His left hand wielding a knife, poised to slit his wrist. The knife would have no doubt become the murder weapon if Chanyeol had not rushed there in time.

“They say that if you run hot water on the gash, it would hurt lesser.” Baekhyun said as a grin crept on his face.

“Look Baekhyun. We can work this out properly. There is no need to do this.” Chanyeol spoke in a firm yet reassuring tone.

“Why not?”

“Because there are people in this world that care.” Chanyeol replied. Baekhyun started laughing uneasily. It’s scary what bipolar could do a person.

“Do you care?” He asked as he looked at Chanyeol with his blood shot eyes.

“I do.”

Baekhyun started shaking his head. “Lies.” And as Chanyeol looked at the poor boy, he felt his heart being ripped into millions of bits.

“Then why did you cancel all the appointments?” Baekhyun asked.

“I-I… we had to stop seeing each other that much. It was dangerous.” Chanyeol said.

“Why?”

“I’m dangerous.” Chanyeol replied. And as he looked at his watch, he said, “Baekhyun, I need to go.”

“Then just leave! Leave me out here to die Chanyeol! Just walk away like the rest of the world has.” Baekhyun said as he once again raised his knife.

“I wonder what it feels like to feel the steel blade in my veins. Have all my blood ooze out, until I die.” Baekhyun laughed.

“Your parents will be back soon.” Chanyeol said as he took worried gazes at his watch. Time was running out.

“My parents won’t be returning. They’re gone till Tuesday. The police will probably find my body rotting here a day later.”

 

Chanyeol’s bottom lip faltered as he looked at his watch and again at Baekhyun. It was already 7pm. He had to get out of here. But he couldn’t.

“Baekhyun please don’t do this.” Chanyeol shouted as he knelt on the floor, his grip on Baekhyun’s left hand. “I care okay! It’s because I care too much! I’m afraid you’ll get hurt…” Chanyeol said as hot tears emerged.

“But I’m not afraid Chanyeol.” Baekhyun replied with a sad smile, his hand still holding tightly on the knife.

And Chanyeol threw himself against the bathroom’s wall. “You’re just like him.”

“The both of you. You look just like him.” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow as he asked, “Who?”

“My brother.”Chanyeol said.

Painful memories flashed before his eyes as he felt the stinging pain in his right temple. He could feel himself losing grasp of his conscious. The other him was emerging. The same him that stabbed his younger brother fifteen years ago.

 

img_1221244303766_3721.jpg

 

“Give me the toy!” Chansoo said and snatched the black race car from Chanyeol’s hands.

“No! Its mine! Mom bought it for me!” Chanyeol yelled and resisted.

“Mom doesn’t love you! Mom loves me!” Chansoo argued and when he snatched it again, Chanyeol did not stop him this time.

Mom doesn’t love you. Those four words triggered it all. The start of sleepless nights. The awakening of Chanyeol’s other side. One that he knew nothing of its existence till that fateful day.

“Mom loves me.” The seven year old’s voice was dark.

But his five year old brother didn’t know better. “She does not!” He said and stuck out his tongue. And before he knew it, there was a striking pain in his abdomen. And as he turned around, he saw the deadly gaze from his brother before he passed out.

And Chanyeol stood in the middle of their living room, his hand drenched with blood as he pulled out the knife he took from the side of the drawer and threw it across the room. He locked himself in his room until his parents returned and sent his brother to the hospital. And when the police questioned Chansoo, he replied, “I stabbed myself.”

And that was how young Park Chanyeol got off scot free. He was scarred for life, but he was not charged guilty. In fact apart from his brother, no one else knew of the incident. Till this day, he still remembers hearing his mother scream when she entered the house.

img_1221244303766_3721.jpg

 

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked as he looked over at the man that hugged his knees as he banged his head against the wall.

“Leave Baekhyun. Leave.” Chanyeol whispered as he clutched his fist tightly. “Get lost.” A shudder ran down Baekhyun’s spine. He could feel the same Chanyeol that he spoke on the phone with that night reappearing. But yet he this time he still didn’t turn away.

“No.” Baekhyun replied firmly. “I didn’t leave the first time, and I’m not leaving now.”

Somehow roles were reversed as Baekhyun placed his hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder. He placed his knife at the side. A reachable distance from Chanyeol. “Chanyeol are you okay?”Baekhyun asked as he gazed at him in concern. Suddenly all suicidal thoughts vanished, his mind only filled with worry. A frown forming on his countenance as he looked at Chanyeol’s shaking hands.

“Baekhyun. Just go. Now.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun didn’t realise how much a fight Chanyeol was putting up. A fight against himself.

“No Chanyeol. I’m not going anywhere. This is my house and I’m not leaving you here.” Baekhyun said.

 

When you feel my heat.

Look into my eyes.

It’s where my demons hide.

 

It is said that in every human being there was a secret demon living within us. This demon haunting us, haunting our lives. And some people did an excellent job of concealing it, while others could barely fend it off. Chanyeol was one of them.

And when Baekhyun looked closely at Chanyeol’s eyes, he felt the heat. He saw the demon arising.

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun said.

“The name is Mr Park.” The dark voice emerged.

“Chanyeol please, don’t chase me off again. I need you in my life.” Baekhyun felt as though he was a lost child, only wanting the warmth of a parent, something he never felt from Luna and Onew.

“Get lost.” Chanyeol said.

Don't get too close

It's dark inside

It's where my demons hide

 

“NO! Why don’t you love me back?” Baekhyun shouted.

And Chanyeol’s eyes lit up at his words. Why don’t you love me back? Why didn’t his mother love him back? Why was his younger brother always better than him in every way? Why?

And then Chanyeol did something that he wished he hadn’t.

He took the knife beside Baekhyun and his fingers traced the edge of the knife, red liquid oozing out of his delicate hands as he did. “No Chanyeol don’t!” Baekhyun screamed and held on to Chanyeol’s wrist.

But as soon as he did, the knife was aimed at his direction. Baekhyun winced as he felt a sharp object piercing through him, fast and precise. With full eye-contact, Chanyeol had stabbed Baekhyun in his chest, merely an inch away from his heart.

 

img_1221244303766_3721.jpg

 

When Baekhyun regained conscious, he found himself lying on the hospital bed. The room was brightly lit, accompanied with the fall white walls; everything was too white for his liking. And when he tried getting up, excruciating throbbing attacked his chest with full force and he had to seat down. He analysed himself. His wrist was attached onto multiple contraptions and tubes were stuffed into his nostrils, probably to keep him on life support.

How many days had he been out? The aching of his back told him that it couldn’t have been less than a day. And as the doors swung open, his parents entered.

Luna burst into tears immediately at the sight of her son. Baekhyun saw his father holding back his tears. A smile emerged on their faces as they walked closer. “Mom? Dad?” Baekhyun opened his mouth to speak, his muscle wincing at every syllabus.

“Baekhyun…” Luna sobbed. “I’m so sorry. This is all my fault.”

“W-what?”

“I should never have let you go for therapy. I should never have let you met him.” Luna cried as she buried her face in her hands.

“W-what exactly happened?” Baekhyun asked in a state of confusion. Somehow his memories were a little distorted, probably after entering comma for such a long time.

“Park Chanyeol stabbed you Baekhyun.” Onew said.

The shock written blatantly on Baekhyun face revealed he had not the slightest clue on what his father was saying.

“Who’s Park Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked. He swore he never heard that name in his life. And when he saw Onew shot a look at Luna, he knew something was wrong.

“Chanyeol. The psychiatrist?” Onew asked as he stared at his son.

“Am I supposed to know him? And why did he stab me?”

“Baekhyun. What was the last thing you remember?” Luna asked.

“Erh…you guys were leaving for Jeju Island?”

 

“Doctor! What is this? Why can’t Baekhyun remember who Chanyeol is? He remembers us. And he remembers things up to the day before he was stabbed. Why did he forget Chanyeol?” Onew asked the moment he exited the ward.

The doctor creased his eyebrows in deep thought. He too had never came across such a peculiar incident. “I’m not sure. This has never happened before. Baekhyun didn’t even injure his head. And normally when patients suffered amnesia, they would either forget up to a certain time period or their entire memory bank itself. Not just one particular person.” He said.

“What do we do Onew?”Luna asked worriedly.

“Maybe its best if he didn’t know Chanyeol existed.” Onew said.

 

img_1221244303766_3721.jpg

 

 “Did you or did you not?” Joonmyeon’s baritone voice echoed loudly.

“I did not.” Chanyeol said. “I would never have hurt Baekhyun.”

“But I did.”

“There you have it folks! The accused has spoken. He has admitted to his crimes! Pass the god damn verdict already!” Minseok said.

“For the last time Mr Kim, mind your language.” Joonmyun said. “Anything to rebut Mr Lu?”

“Of course.” Luhan said as he stood up from his chair. “My client suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder. And as you know this disorder results in the patient having at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities that alternately controls a person's behavior, and is accompanied by memory impairment. And that means that he wasn’t really him the night of the incident. He had no control over his mind nonetheless his actions. And so he inflicted those wounds.”

“But can you prove which state he was during the time of the incident?” Minseok challenged.

“Yes. As a matter of fact I can. You see, Chanyeol’s personality switch is set in a very distinctive time period. And that is from 7pm to 7am daily. And correct me if I’m wrong, but the incident took place at 7.15pm, meaning that Chanyeol was not himself then.” Luhan said.

“How can you prove all that?” Minseok asked. And with a grin, Luhan invited Rina onto the podium.

“Your honour, this is Lee Rina. She has been Chanyeol’s secretary ever since he begin his job as a psychiatrist.” Luhan explained.

“So tell me Rina, what’s Chanyeol like?”Luhan asked.

“Mr Park is a really nice person. He was always so optimistic and happy. I’ve seen countless patients recover under his therapy. He was an amazing boss and a wonderful friend.” Rina smiled sadly.

“Were you shocked when you heard the news of him stabbing Baekhyun?” Luhan asked.

“Of course. Who could imagine Mr Park the selfless psychiatrist doing such a thing? He loved all animals that guy, he’d never dared to hurt even an ant. I’d never think he would do such a thing.”Rina said. “Especially to Baekhyun.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Because I could tell he had a very special relationship with that patient. I don’t know what it was but it was special. I’d never heard him speak the same way like that about any other patient. Baekhyun was different to him.” Rina said.

“Different and so he wanted to murder him.” Minseok said.

“Objection! Your honour, Mr Kim is making unsupported assumptions without any evidence.” Luhan spoke.

“Please Mr Kim, know your place. You may continue Mr Lu.” Joonmyun said, ignoring the devil glares from Minseok.

“And what happened every day at 7pm?” Luhan continued digging further.

“Well, 7pm was the time I ended work. But there were times I had stayed. Stayed even after hearing Mr Park lock his door. A-and…” She stumbled.

“And?”

“And I heard screams. Bangs. And often I’d be so terrified, I would leave the building as fast as I could.” Rina said as she lowered her head.

Luhan smiled and looked at Minseok who was obviously in a state of trance. He looked over at Joonmyun and said, “Your honour, I believe you can pass your verdict.”

“Wait wait! My client can testify! He can show you that Chanyeol wanted to kill him!” Minseok said.

“No he can’t Mr Kim. According to the doctors, they have diagnosed him with partial amnesia. And you know the rules. He can’t testify.” Joonmyun said.

Taking a final glance at the court room, Joonmyun sighed.

“Taking into consideration that Park Chanyeol was not in a clear state of mind at the point in time of the incident, I shall pass a lighter sentence. However, he must not be let off scot free. For he has shown signs of a murderous intent.”  Joonmyun said.

“And so for attempted homicide on Byun Baekhyun, Park Chanyeol will be charged with a sentence of five years in jail and a fine of one million won.” Joonmyun said firmly.

 

img_1221244303766_3721.jpg

 

“Are you sure you want to visit him Baekhyun?” Luna asked.

“Yes. I would like to speak with him.” Baekhyun said seriously.

Luna bit her lip. “Okay, but I’ll be outside, just in case he tries anything funny.”

And so Baekhyun opened the door that led to the visiting centre of convicts. Taking a seat in front of the bulletproof glass pane, he pictured how this Chanyeol guy would look like.

 

It has been exactly three months since the incident. Three months was more than enough time for Baekhyun to recuperate. For his wound to heal. The wound both in his chest and in his heart. Throughout this few months, billions of questions spun around in Baekhyun’s head. His parents refused to give him any answers. For fear of causing further pain to the poor boy.

He watched a tall giant emerged from the door he never realised existed because it seemed to bland in with the dull colours of the cell. He analysed the guy that took a sit in front of him. His hair was messy, rugged and unkempt. Dark eye circles were prominent as ever. But the moment the sides of his lips curved upwards, Baekhyun thought he fell in love with a smile.

 

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun said as he picked up the phone. That name so distant yet he felt as though he had said it a millions time now. It felt good when his tongue would slide off the tip of his front tooth when he pronounced it.

“I missed you.” Chanyeol said. A wave of emotions flushed through Baekhyun as he just awkwardly stared back.

“I know you don’t remember me.” Chanyeol said dejectedly.  “I know you don’t remember us.”

“I-I’m sorry…I—”

“But I’ll always remember you Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said.

The moment he heard the stranger call his name, it was as though he was thrown back to two months ago. The moment they first met.

 

I’ll remember that.  Hi Baekhyun, my name is Park Chanyeol.

 

 And suddenly he remembered Chanyeol. He remembered everything.

 

img_1221244303766_3721.jpg

 

An ear-piercing scream rang in the stinging atmosphere as Baekhyun clutched the knife that was buried into him.

Did Chanyeol just do that? Did he really just stab Baekhyun?

Baekhyun looked over at Chanyeol holding the knife ever so firmly, still pressing it downwards, the blade penetrated the insides of Baekhyun even further. The pain was intolerable. But Baekhyun did not cry. He just kept looking. His gaze fixated at Chanyeol, searching for some signs of regret or guilt. There was none.

And when the flash of realisation hit Chanyeol, all he did was covered his ears and scream.

“OH MY GOD.” He screamed as his brain attempted to register what he had just done.

“No no no…Baekhyun…Baekhyun!” Chanyeol continued screaming as he carefully pulled out the knife in his chest.

“C..h…an…yeol?” Baekhyun’s voice was weak.

“I’m so sorry…” Chanyeol said as streams of tears fell down his face. “I-I…I didn’t mean to stab you.”

“Really?” Baekhyun asked with a smile, but even that could not cover up the pain in his eyes.

“I’d never hurt you Baekhyun. I’d never.” Chanyeol said as he held on to Baekhyun’s petite body, his head resting on his arm.

“Okay.”

“You’d forgive me?”

“Yea.”

img_1221244303766_3721.jpg

 

The memories flooded his mind. The pressure of inhaling everything at once was too much for Baekhyun to handle as he massaged his temple with his knuckle.

“Chanyeol.” Baekhyun repeated his name. But this time all the unfamiliarity disappeared. “I remember, Chanyeol. I remember everything.”

“You do?” Chanyeol’s eyes lit up. “You do…” Chanyeol backed away from the glass pane as the guilt overwhelmed him. Baekhyun remembered. He remembered the sin he committed.

“It’s okay Chanyeol, I forgive you.” Baekhyun said as he placed his palm on the pane ever so wishfully.

“Really?”

“I’ve never blamed you. Never did and never will.” Baekhyun smiled as a tear trickled down his face. Chanyeol placed his hand on the glass pane. Their hands would have met if not for the separation on the glass.

“I love you Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said.

As soon as Baekhyun said it, Chanyeol blinked a few times before he slowly pulled his hand back. “Isn’t it all too late?”

 

img_1221244303766_3721.jpg

“Okay.”

“You’d forgive me?”

“Yea.”

A tear slipped his face as Chanyeol watched Baekhyun’s eyelids grew heavier before he was finally unconscious. He knew what was in for him. And he was ready to face it all.  Dialling 991, he looked at Baekhyun, lying there so peacefully, if only he could ignore the scary pool of blood that surrounded him.

“Hello? 991 what’s your emergency?” The voice spoke.

“I just stabbed someone.”Chanyeol spoke.

“Where are you?”

“I just stabbed Byun Baekhyun.”

“Excuse me sir, please inform us of your location so we can aid you as soon as possible.”

“My name is Park Chanyeol and I just stabbed Byun Baekhyun.” Chanyeol spoke before he ended the call.

A final gaze at Baekhyun before he said, “I love you.”

 

img_1221244303766_3721.jpg

 

Don't get too close

It's light inside

It's where my demons hide

 

Baekhyun’s hopeful gaze melted slightly when he saw Chanyeol pull back. But something within him told him it was not the end.

“It’s never too late or too soon. It is when it’s supposed to be.” Baekhyun whispered into the mouth piece. He was certain Chanyeol heard it when he smiled back.

“So you’ll wait for me?” He asked. A glint of happiness in his eyes.

Baekhyun nodded.

“Always have and always will.”

____________________________________

No sides will ever divide us.

No sides will ever separate us.

Nothing will tear us apart.

____________________________________

 

author's notes;

HERE IS YOUR BITTERSWEET ENDING :D I hope you enjoyed reading this one shot that i wrote for a contest(the link is in the foreword). Feel free to drop some comments because I will be so grateful for some feedback! And perhaps upvote <3 ? I SWEAR THE FEELZ WERE CRAZY WHEN I WAS WRITING THIS :O And is anyone confused by my story? Like you don't understand whats happening? haha xD I hope not! Multi personality disorder is the same as dissociative identidy disorder :) Its just a medical term for it :P