Seeking Serenity

Eventually, the Love Runs Out

That day should have been like the ones before. Suho was supposed to remind 11 other young men, who grew so close to his heart, that they were about to make SM history. A solo concert after only 3 years of phenominally skyrocketing into superstardom. Even Super Junior sunbaenims had to pour blood and sweat for twice that time to achieve the level of recognition that EXO reached.

But that was to never be. The concert was a success, but only thanks to the countless hours of reworking everything for only 11 men.

 

That album was supposed to be the showcase of the tremendous growth EXO-M and EXO-K had experienced. The level of craft and artestry that went into every song, every choreography, every breath the teams took... This was supposed to be the time when Yixing could appear on Happy Camp with his M team and proudly say, "We are true artists".

But that chance was robbed of 5 men. 6 more curteously gave up their time to shine in order to include the others. And Yixing lost one of his closest confidantes and friends to help him cope.

 

That concert was supposed to be the crowning achievement of a young wushu Panda. Tao was supposed to have girls screaming his name, his favorite hyungs and chingus around him.

But his rock, his duizhang, his closest friend left him behind.

 

With his popularity in his home city of Beijing tarnished, Luhan could only be practical. Work hard, keep the team close, and wait patiently for the storm to pass. Even if it seemed cold and Sehun chose to cling to the crying panda, that's all a man could do.

 

Time heals all.

 

Yifan has his own career, his own struggles, and his own path. He had his reasons for what he did, but it all boils down to that he left.

Suho, the Chinaline, EXO, EXO-L, and the rest of the world have their own paths to follow. Once the mangled emotions get straightened out, the love that once was will seep out and bleed away into oblivion. Because there is only so much that one can cling on to before the eventuality occurring.

Eventually, the love runs out.