003

The Fear of Love {{EDITTING}}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the week flew by almost feeling like a second and before Tae Hyo knew it, Friday after school finally arrived. Tae Hyo hoped that Sehun forgot all about their little agreement, considering that it’s been almost 2 days since they last spoke to each other. No little incidents because everybody was crazy busy from studying for midterms. Everyone was practically zombies at the school. Since it was late September and in early November was college entrance exams, everybody was getting a head start. Tae Hyo only focused on getting a scholarship to her university of choice so she wanted nothing to do with anything unless it was her job or schoolwork. Because she was a workaholic yet she never would want to admit it since it wasn’t healthy for her.

When the school bell rang, she hesitated on staying after school to get some studying in but her thought was interrupting by a shouting Baekhyun running into her classroom. Everybody who was still in the classroom stared at the hyper boy but laughed at his antics.

“Tae Hyo! You are still coming right?! I need my good luck charm but sadly my mom can’t make it so I guess I’ll have to settle for you.” Baekhyun chuckled as he sat on Tae Hyo’s desk. 

“You are too loud.” Tae Hyo tried to quiet him down by lowering her voice. But if it wasn’t for his loudness, they would have never became friends. That she was thankful for.

“Tae Hyoonie! You’re so mean!” he wailed playfully.

“Why did I ever become friends with you?” she questioned herself but loud enough so he could hear.

“I heard you. But are you still coming to my game tonight?! It’s going to be awesome and I’m going to win!” Baekhyun huffed out his chest in a manly manner.

“Don’t get too cocky but yes.”

Baekhyun jumped off her desk and was now dancing horribly. Good thing he was a soccer player because man, he can’t dance. Tae Hyo got up from her desk and walked right past Baekhyun because he was embarrassing himself and she didn’t want to be a part of that.

He chased after her once he realized that she left without him.

“So, the game starts at 6:30 and it’s at the recreation complex. I better see you there or I’ll never talk to you again.” He huffed as he tried to regain his breath after catching up and linking his arm with hers.                               

“You know you can’t do that.” She said sarcastically. But she was right, her and Baekhyun were practically glued to the hip. 

“You caught my bluff but I have to go now, see you at the game.” He began to jog away from her and off school ground.               

Tae Hyo was just about to pull out her iPod and plug in her earphones when a strong breeze pushed by her, making her hair fly in all directions including getting caught in her glasses. Great, she thought. Stopping in her tracks, she began to push aside the hair from into of her face that was blocking her vision. It was troublesome because some pieces got caught and it hurt when she had to fix it.

A light and gentle touch began to help her see again as they pushed the final part of her hair out of her face. To Tae Hyo’s surprise Sehun was standing in front of her grinning as she jumped back in surprise. Students around them began to give different reactions, some weren’t bothered by Sehun’s gesture but other girls weren’t that happy. Tae Hyo heard a few scoffs as a group of girls walked past the two of them. That gesture from them made her want to disappear. She tried so hard to blend into the crowd and try to not get picked on. Now with Sehun, that might not work anymore.

“I didn’t need your help, I was perfectly fine on my own you know.” She told him crossing her arms.

“Well I can’t have my acquaintance looking like that, can I?” Sehun said crossing his arms back, “Especially when we are going to the game tonight.”

“Oh yeah, I forget.” She lied, Tae Hyo didn’t forget but just simply avoided the subject all together.

“Been busy too?” he asked.

“Yes, trying to get a scholarship to my university takes a lot of studying. I guess you wouldn’t know about scholarships considering your parents are probably paying for you.”

Sehun frowned, “I guess you don’t know much about me then, Tae Hyo.” He began to run towards the school gates but before he left her sight, Sehun turned around and shouted, “I’ll meet you at the complex at 6:15. Don’t be late!”

Tae Hyo was confused at his remark, what did he mean by that? That she didn’t know a lot about him? She knew all she needed to know. But she didn’t stay on the thought to long to question it. The girl just slowly walked home, dreading the night that was coming.

The smell of chicken filled the apartment when she walked through the door. It lifted her spirits instantly. Since it was only Ri Hyun out for the night at work, that meant more chicken for Tae Hyo which made is awfully happy. In the kitchen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter