001

The Fear of Love {{EDITTING}}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh Sehun is that boy that gets along with everyone. Talent just comes naturally to him with his perfect dark coloured hair and his nut brown eyes. He has the build of the gods. Tall and lean but not too muscular. Every girl and even some boys fawn all over him. Captain of the dance team and vice president of the student council. A parent’s dream child.

Tae Hyo hates that. She hates that boy with a passion. 

The way he acts all high and mighty around everyone. She can't stand it.

While Tae Hyo is the complete opposite. Nobody goes out of their way to hang out with her. Even her own parents hated her so much that they abandoned her at the age of 14. It was at an age where she was able to get a job of her own. And so now she lives in an apartment with 3 other people that were struggling with their own parental issues. Tae Hyo has had to work so hard for what she has and what she has isn't a lot. 

Sehun is handed everything to him on a silver platter while Tae Hyo probably has it given to her on a soggy piece of cardboard.

Tae Hyo's parents were the cause of all of this. Everything was fine, she had a normal family with a stable income. A reasonable house not to from her old middle school. She was just a regular teenager. But the morning of the Saturday where her family were supposed to be going to Seoul for 3 nights to visit her aunt during summer vacation, Tae Hyo woke up to an empty house. Nothing was there except for the large pieces of furniture and all of her things that were still in her room. She ran throughout the house calling out for her parents and searching for any kind of clue on the whereabouts of her parents. But the only thing left was a note;

 

“Dear our precious Tae Hyo,

I’m sorry you had to find out this way. We never wanted this for you but we had to leave you behind. We couldn’t afford your schooling or any of your necessities. We barely had enough money to feed ourselves. Your father lost his job months ago and has failed to find another in that time. While I was barely making any money. We love you, Tae Hyo, we truly do. You were our little miracle but we have to go our separate ways now.

Friends of ours will pick you up later today with all of your things. They will keep you fed and put a roof over your head but money for school will have to be your main worry.

Grow up to be nothing like us. Go out and fight for your dreams. Don’t be a coward who will run away in the face of a problem like your parents. Make sure to study and eat healthy.

I’m sorry, my angel. Love always,

Mom”

 

Tae Hyo was in her last year of middle school. She had just turned 14. Now her life was turned upside down and ruined for her.

Her caretakers barely acknowledged her existence. Never set a curfew for her or made her dinner. Tae Hyo had to buy her own food which she was told she didn’t so she had to take it upon herself to get a part time got for spending money and tuition. She works at a video game store two towns over. Her work schedule was manageable especially with school. It was 3 nights after school from 6-10pm and Saturday and every other Sunday from 9-4pm.

Tae Hyo had a co-worker two years older than her going through the same situation where her parents had left her years ago, so that's why when Tae Hyo came in asking for a job and explaining her situation, she persuaded the manager to hire Tae Hyo. Her co-worker, Jae Ha even asked her if she wanted to move with her and her 2 other roommates.

So Tae Hyo left the foster care and moved into Jae Ha's. 

 

~ * ~

 

4 years later. At the age of 18, Tae Hyo goes to school at Bundang High School where she is in class 3-2. And the boy who sits in front of her is Oh Sehun. All day she sees that flop of dark hair. It irritates her because everybody is always trying to talk to him and it interrupts when she tries to focus on the lesson.

It’s a regular Tuesday that everything changes. Tae Hyo sits at her regular desk in her usual spot. She’s studies constantly to be the number one student in her class and even in her year. Her music is plugged into her iPod that she bought second-hand since she is too poor for a phone. An English song was blasting through the earphones. Maybe a little too loud for people who were sitting around her.  They were murmuring about her being a distraction as they were trying to have a study period.

Someone had tapped her shoulder during her favourite part; she didn’t bother to take out her headphones. As she didn’t respond the tapping continued.

“What?” Tae Hyo ripped her ear phones out and said in an irritated tone.

“A lot of people can hear your music, do you mind turning it down a bit?” a deep voice asked her, very politely.

“Yeah, I guess.” She replied, looking up to where the voice was coming from.

And that’s where he stood. Oh Sehun. The boy Tae Hyo despises. She watched as he smiled at her when he sat down in front of her in his desk and pulled out his books getting ready for study period.

“Who are you listening too?” he wondered, cocking his head around a bit. Tae Hyo didn’t want to respond to him. 

“No one you know.” Tae Hyo told him, not bothering to look up from her notebook then putting back in her earphones, letting whatever he had just said to her be drown out by the music.

Sehun pouted then turned around his attention to somebody in fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter