Stupidity got the best of me.

➹ Thundered.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stupidity got the best of me.
Pairing(s): Kris x Hannie
Genre: Romance, Angst
Featured: Suho
Requested by: boojae_wifey

 

Warning: It's going to be a long oneshot!
You've been warned. Happy readings!

Senior year, high school.

"Kris," Hannie called out as she made her way into his home. She greeted his parents before walking towards the backyard. She got a glimpse of him soaking in the sun as he lowered his sunglasses, throwing her a smile.She perked up a little, seeing how he had company over. "Hey you," he called back while propping himself up, "and what brings you here to my humble home?" Hannie threw a grin before walking over to him, making him move over as she sat herself beside him. She looked over to his friend and smiled, "Hey, Joonmyun." The male looked up and smiled, waving to her in acknowledgement. 

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that my best friend forgot that we have a senior project to do?" Kris gasped as he threw his body upwards, eyes wide. "We have that?" He questioned her sarcastically while she rolled her eyes at him. 

"I hate you sometimes," she mentioned while pulling out the materials. "No you don't." He mentioned with a grin. It's funny how things were between Kris and Hannie. They've known each other since the day they started crawling. They did everything together, from their first steps to their first love. They shared one too many secrets with one another to the point that they both became the same person.

The same person where they can trust one another. Hannie was the quiet one sometimes and Kris was the loud one, it was a miracle for them to get along — let alone grow up together.

Joonmyun chuckled and shook his head, pushing his sunglasses up with a smile. "You better get to work if you want to graduate." He mentioned while pushing Kris towards Hannie. The male frowned at his friend before rolling over to her. "We need to get this going if we want to get into college."

End of college.

Since the beginning of college, Hannie and Kris had every kind of general classes together. They occasionally had lunch together and did everything together, including studying and having the hardest times together against exams and finals. Then year two came around, they went their separate ways. The pair both majoring in two different departments. The pair did hang out when the time was appropriate or when they were free from schedules, but Hannie felt that it was different. It wasn't the same as the way they usually hung out. 

Year three came along and they pair were too absorbed in their prespective departments: Kris majoring in general business while Hannie majoried in marketing and pharmacy. The pair didn't have time to hang out with each other while Kris found a new group of friends and Hannie likewise. All in all, they barely saw one another and when they did — it didn't seem as though they'd acknowledge one another that much. Even after graduating and having a party for all the graduates, they didn't even acknowledge one another there. Seemingly seeing how they stayed in their prespective groups. 

And then graduation came for the pair. Both of them graduated during different times during the summer, Hannie being the first to graduate and take over the shareholds of her family while Kris graduated after. Although, Hannie continued to finish her studies in pharmacy for the next four years. 

Present day.

"Really, dad, where are we going?" Hannie questioned with an exasperated sigh as she followed closely behind her father. Her parents turned to look at her with an amused smile. It's been nearly two years since she graduated from college for marketing, and she is now in pharmacy school for the next two years. Her parents have never been so proud of her to know that she's still furthering her knowledge in the world of medicine. They loved that she was intelligent, willing to please her parents in anyway possible; especially with the whole schooling thing. 

"Don't worry so much, dear," her father uttered as he turned into the tall building. She frowned and took the time to be quiet and just follow her father. Her mother smile and pulled her into a side hug, rubbing her arm gently. "I know we're taking time out of your day, but it's important that we get this established as a family, alright? After this, we won't be of a bother and you can go back to school and learn to your heart's content." 

Hannie looked to her mother, searching her eyes before sighing, giving in almost immediately. 

They trio made their way to the elevator as they walked in, standing in the center of the elevator. Hannie watched as her father clicked a button, waiting for it to move up and ding as a sign of their arrival. 

The moment they were on their designated floor, Hannie followed her parents out before she fumbled with the hems of her cardigan. "Ah, hey! Long time no see!" Her father greeted to the man from a distance. Hannie lifted her eyes as he parents greeted the other couple. They turned to look at her with a wide, broad smile. "Hannie, my dear!" They hollered, coming to her with open arms. 

She smiled and gave them hugs as a head perked up. "Pleasure to see you, Mr and Mrs Wu," she greeted as they led her into the closed office. "My dear, you look gorgeous! I can't believe you've grown to be such a beautiful woman!" Mrs. Wu mentioned, taking in her sight. Hannie chuckled sheepishly as she sat next to her parents, bowing to Mrs. Wu in a thankful manner. "Hey, Hannie," the deep voice made her head turn as she raised a brow at him. "Oh, hey, Kris," she uttered in a hesitant manner.

Two and a half years, that's how long they haven't seen each other. All in all, it was rather awkward to see him again after growing apart all these years. "How are you?" She questioned, trying to break the ice. Kris chuckled, shaking his head, "Better than ever. Busy, you know? How about you?" She shrugged in return: "Busy with pharmacy school and work, same old same old."

Both parents watched in amusement before Mr. Wu cleared his throat. The pair looked to them as Kris' father spoke up. "So, I know you're both busy and what not, but the matter has come to light and you two are both grown now." "Yes, and we think it's time for us to come out and tell you two." Hannie's father continued. 

"You two are getting married." 

"What?" Both Kris and Hannie mentioned with widen eyes. "You're joking, aren't you?" Hannie questioned as Kris nodded in agreement. 

"Well, no, dear. Kris, you've been taking over the company since you graduated. Hannie graduated with a bachelor's degree in market, since then she's been managing the other half of the company's sharehold. And I'm quite impressed on how she's been doing it." Mr. Wu mentioned, a twinkle in his eyes as he looked to her. 

Still, Hannie was a taken back but the sudden proposal. Kris stood up and looked to his parents, "No," he uttered, "I have a girlfriend, and I'm not leaving her to get married to Hannie." He mentioned before walking out of the office room. Hannie's heart dropped as she blinked. Her parents were a taken back at the sudden news and Hannie apologized, exiting the room as well. 

Kris stood by the elevator, waiting for it to arrive when Hannie came to stand next to him. He looked over and blinked, "You're not here to try to stop me, are you?" She snorted a laugh and shook her head. "As much as you love yourself and think very highly of yourself, no, I'm not. But hey, at least your girlfriend thinks of you very highly." And that was a bang to the heart for Kris. For some reason, it made him upset to hear that coming from her, but maybe he deserved it. She looked up to him, eyeing him curiously before sighing. "Who is she? Is it the same girl you've been dating?" 

"No, no, not her." He mentioned as the elevator arrived, the pair walking in at the same time. "New girl, been with her for a year now." Hannie nodded and remained quiet as he broke the ice. "What about you? Any relationships?" The brunette shook her head and looked straight, not daring to look to him. Kris frowned when she didn't because now, it feels as though they're acting like they've never known each other. "I've been busy with pharmacy school to hold up an actual relationship. Dating here and there, but that's been over for a few months now."

The elevator came to the main floor as they climbed off, going their prespective ways. Hannie walked the way she came while Kris walked the other way, greeting his girlfriend from a distance. "Oh, Hannie," he called out, looking to her as his girlfriend stared with daggers. She turned around and raised a brow.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter