Secret Lake

Fairytale

 

 

 

Stepping out of the train station in Naju, they were greeted with a layer of mist. Instantly, a smile spread over Chansung’s face and he inhaled deeply.

“We’re close.”

Breathing in too, Junho wasn’t sure that he felt anything in particular.

Very confidently, Chansung pointed in what appeared to be a random direction: “This way.”

“A-Are you sure?” Tilting his head skeptically, Junho was not convinced that Chansung knew anything about this region.

“Can’t you feel it?” The disbelief was obvious on his face.

Honestly, Junho didn’t even know what he was supposed to feel.

“Are you sure you know the way?”

“No, but I can find it.”

That didn’t sound especially convincing, so hesitantly Junho asked:

“Do you know how long it will take?”

“Uhm, I’m not that good with human time.”

It seemed like Chansung was becoming frustrated with Junho’s questioning, but he needed to know more. “Do you think it’s shorter or longer than the train ride?”

“Shorter.”

“A lot shorter, or a little shorter?”

“Maybe a little shorter?”

It was already late in the afternoon, so they had at most 2-3 hours of sunlight left. Although the country air seemed to be working wonders, Junho knew that Chansung’s wounds were serious, and they needed to get to the lake as soon as possible to cure him, if this place did even have any magical powers, but that was another story. On the spot, Junho made a decision: “Common, we need supplies.”

 

Luckily, even though he complained, Chansung followed him back into the train station. But it was clear that if the lake was more than an hour away, they would have to spend the night, and for that they needed some basic necessities. Since it was Sunday, most of the stores in the train station were closing up, but still they managed to get a hold of some food, water, a backpack, flash lights and a very tiny tent that hopefully would at least shield them from any rain that might fall during the night. Of course they didn’t have any money, so Junho apologized internally every time Chansung blew some magic dust into their shop keeper's faces, while promising himself that somehow he would find a way to pay them back.

 

Finally they were ready to start this crazy journey. The cloud filled sky gave a Junho a very ominous feeling. But even though this was a very risky and perhaps insane mission, there was no better solution, so he decided to follow this through.

 

As they moved up the mountain, the mist luckily started to become lighter, but on the other hand it got darker a lot more quickly that Junho had expected. In the shades from the trees it soon became difficult to see even only few meters ahead.


When Junho was about to give up, and suggest they should stop and camp for the night, Chansung suddenly took a right turn, leaving the safety of the trail they had been following.

“Uhm...” Junho was starting to feel very uneasy, “Are you sure that leaving the trail is such a good idea?”

“We're very close now”.

“Maybe it's better that we stop,” Junho tried to argue “...we don't want to get lost.”

“It's the forest,” Chansung looked at him surprised, “How could we get lost here?”

Honestly, Junho didn't think getting lost in a forrest sounded so ridiculous, actually, there were few places where getting lost was this easy. So he muttered defensively, “I-It's getting very dark.”

Without replying, Chansung simply took his hand, and led him in between the trees, in what seemed to be a very determined direction, though Junho didn't recognize one tree from the other.

 

Even the sounds of small animals became intimidating in the dark, and it was nothing short of insane, following a crazy person into an unknown forrest. But instead of thinking about the insanity of his situation, Junho was focused on the hand holding his. Although he himself had rather large hands, Chansung's were even bigger, and the way he held him so tightly was very reassuring, gave him a strong sense of security that he was not used to. Walking through the darkness in complete silence, hand in hand, felt strangely intimate.

 

After a while, how long Junho had no idea, the forest opened up in a clearing, revealing the full moon on a starlit sky, lighting up the surface of a small and clear lake.

“We're here” Still holding his hand, Chansung looked happily at Junho, his smile so bright, it made Junho's chest tighten. For a moment, they stood still, staring at each other in their own magical world.

 

Eventually, Chansung let go of his hand and dropped his bag to the ground. Exhausted from the walk, Junho did the same, dropped his backpack and plastic bag down to the earth. For some reason his heartbeat was unusually loud, perhaps because of the relief that this place actually existed, that all of their efforts had paid off.

 

Without any hesitation, Chansung started to undress. First he got rid of his shoes and socks, and shortly after he removed his T-shirt, revealing his strong white chest. Suddenly, Junho's heartbeat became even louder, there was something about this place that was affecting him strangely. Now Chansung begun to unbuckle his belt, and for no reason, Junho started to feel really shy, and turned away, pretending to fetch something from his backpack, meanwhile his heart was hammering away in his chest. It just felt strange, having this man he barely knew suddenly undressing, when there were only the two of them, alone in the middle of some random mountain.

 

But a strange sense of curiosity was pulling at Junho's heart, so he glanced back, only just briefly, seeing the backside of Chansung as he walked towards the lake. Blushing like mad, Junho looked away, ashamed for peaking, but only a few seconds later, he stole a second glance, this time lasting longer.

 

By now, almost half of Chansung was under water, but Junho had a clear view of his wide back, so white in the moonlight, down to his thin waist, and the uppermost part of his behind, that soon disappeared into the water. As he looked closer, Junho noticed that one of his shoulder blades was almost completely black by now, covered in a terribly looking wound.

 

Slowly, Chansung let himself sink into the water, covering his head, and came up smiling, water flowing down his sculptured body. Of course Junho was no expert, but this guy did have a very good body, objectively speaking of course, like something from a magazine really.

 

“Come join me!”

Chansung's sudden request, ripped Junho out of his thoughts, and he blushed beside himself, hoping that he hadn't been noticed staring. That might create misunderstandings they didn't need, especially since Chansung had admitted to liking guys in that particular way. Junho's face became even redder, once he remembered that fact.

“Isn't it cold?” he replied hesitantly, trying to find up an excuse not to bath with a guy he barely knew, alone in the middle of nature.

“It's perfect” Chansung replied happily, “Maybe it will help with your magic impotence, it's supposed to wash all spells away.”

Now Junho's blush became even stronger, and he was annoyed for Chansung calling him impotent, he was just a normal guy, of course he couldn't do any magic.

 

Without pressuring him further, Chansung lay back and let himself drift in the clear water. But something was pulling at Junho, and he wanted to join him. They had been walking for so long that washing away the sweat sounded too tempting.

 

So when he was sure Chansung wasn't looking, Junho quickly undressed and hurried into the water. Probably it was not necessary to hide his ness, since both of them were guys, but for some reason he was feeling particularly shy.

 

Slowly, he walked to the middle of the lake where Chansung was standing, smiling brightly once he noticed he had arrived.

“I-Is the lake helping?” Junho asked, mostly because he wasn't sure what else to say.

“I feel a lot better.”

Not entirely convinced, he muttered: “Let me see.”

 

Obediently, Chansung turned around. It was a shock, seeing his wound so close. It looked horrible, and the veins underneath his skin were coal black. On reflex, without even planning to, Junho's fingertips lightly touched the delicate area. But then he noticed something else, two long scars along his back, so faint they could only been seen up close. Automatically, his fingers slowly traced them down Chansung's back, his skin impossibly smooth. Looking down, he couldn't help seeing the curve of his lower back, and the beginning of his buttocks that were hidden underneath the water, making his face uncomfortably warm.

 

“A-are these scars old?” Junho asked hesitantly, because he was curious. They looked cured so probably they were.

“Those are not scars” Chansung replied matter-of-factly.

“Oh?”

Chansung turned around with a smile, and suddenly Junho was very aware of how close they were standing.

“Hmm... Let me show you...”

“Show me what?” Having no idea what he was talking about, Junho was extremely curious. Something about this man was pulling at him, making him eager to know everything.

 

With a mysterious smile, Chansung looked at him, and then lightly shook his back, and magically, two huge wings appeared.

 

In complete shock, Junho's eyes opened up completely. Mouth gaping, he stared at the wings, completely hypnotized. They were huge, woven of silver, glistening in the dark, so delicate they were almost transparent, the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

 

Unable to stop himself, his hand reached forward, lightly touching the glittery wings, shocked by the softness of them. Suddenly realizing what he was doing, Junho looked guiltily at Chansung, but he nodded in approval, so Junho gave into the temptation, and gently over the heavenly wings. It felt magical, like touching moonlight, and there was undeniable strength in the silky surface.

 

The closer Junho looked, he started noticing all sorts of patterns, woven in the wings, some parts almost pure shiny silver, while others he could even see through. He was addicted, gently up the wing, noticing that they were separated into upper and lower wing, almost like a butterfly, but far more beautiful. Reaching up for the upper wing, it was just as beautiful as the lower one, but there were black strains in between the silver, coming from the wound of Chansung's shoulder. The top of the wing was slightly slanted, not standing up straight like the wing on the other side.

 

Worried, Junho over the top of it, hoping that it would be able to heal properly, hurting something so beautiful was horrible, and he was starting to hate those crazy girls even more than before. Suddenly, there was a sharp sting in his finger, and he jerked his hand back.

“Ah, look out,” Chansung warned him, but it was too late, his finger was already bleeding.

Confused, Junho looked at him, and Chansung explained apologetically:

“The edge is a bit sharp, to cut through clothes and stuff. Normally I draw it in, but my wing isn't working properly, so I didn't realize. I'm really sorry.”

 

But Junho wasn't mad, merely curious, so Chansung swayed his healthy wing toward him. Now looking carefully at the top, very tiny, but extremely sharp teeth appeared at the edge, but then Chansung did something to withdraw them and they disappeared. And suddenly Junho understood why Chansung's T-shirt had been all ripped up to pieces before, after their escape, and how they had managed to magically float from the window to the ground.

 

“Oh, you are bleeding” Grabbing Junho's hand, Chansung seemed very sorry and worried. Honestly, Junho had completely forgotten about his small cut, when something so extraordinary was in front of him. Before he could say it was fine, Chansung had lifted his hand to his mouth, and lightly his hurt index finger, cleaning away the blood.

 

The movement was casual, and probably normal, but so unexpected, that for a moment, Junho's heartbeat stopped. Completely stunned, he stared at the plump lips lightly onto his finger. Framed by his large silvery wings, Chansung looked stunning, absolutely beautiful, and Junho stared at the breathtaking sight in front of him. His heartbeat started again, so hard and heavy, his body suddenly so, so warm.

 

The light on his finger, sent waves of something intense throughout his body, and Junho had never felt this strange. Eventually, Chansung let go of his finger, inspected it, and then muttered with a smile: ”I think it's fine now.”

Right then, out of madness, Junho was absolutely certain, that Chansung was going to kiss him, that he was going to press those plump lips, against his own, pull their bodies closely together.

 

Of course he didn't, only smiled and looked at him with his big eyes that suddenly were extraordinarily beautiful. Had they always been this sparkling?

 

Confused by his strange thoughts, Junho stumbled away, his face burning hot from embarrassment. He was not this type of guy. Not the type to fantasize about random people, and definitely not about men in this way.

 

Overcome with sudden shyness, he stepped away, heart beating so loudly there was definitely something wrong with it.

“I-I should set the tent up...” Junho muttered quickly, and before Chansung could offer to help, he added: “Y-You stay here, heal.”

Without so much as an extra word, he hurried to the shore, absolutely not looking back.

 

 

 

 


Hello babes 

I hope this story isn't too confusing? Or at least that it's starting to make sense :)

There are a lot of events (and more characters) coming up... so hopefully you guys will have the patience to stick with me lol.

Thanks for reading ❤❤❤