Dark Elves

Fairytale

 

 

 

 

The dinner arrived almost at the same time as Chansung did. The sweet smile he sent him, made Junho's stomach strange, and for no reason at all, he became shy. Soon though, Chansung's full focus was on the food, eating fast and enthusiastically.

“You sure managed to work up an appetite.” Patting his friend on the shoulder, Nichkhun seemed terribly amused.

Slightly blushing, Junho didn't understand why he had to say it like that.

 

If he had doubted there was any hidden meaning behind his words, those doubts quickly got washed away as Nichkhun smirked and asked teasingly:

“So... did you manage to get it out of your system?”

Stopping his eating for a second, Chansung looked up from his food, directly staring at Junho, while muttering: “Most of it, I guess.”

Not sure what that was supposed to mean, Junho's face turned bright red. But luckily, soon Chansung's focus turned away from him, and back to his friend.

“What are you doing with blackdust anyways? Where did you get it?”

“How do you think I got it? I met a dark elf.”

“You what? When? Here?”

“He was close by where I showed up.”

“When did he...”

“Eh...hmm.” Junho cleared his throat, “What's a dark elf?”

The two of them stared at him, like they were just realizing that he was there. But then Nichkhun smiled gently and explained:

“Dark elves are fairies, just like us.”

“They're nothing like us,” Chansung objected, seemingly offended.

“Well to a human they might be,” Nichkhun replied patiently, before he turned his attention back to Junho. “Well, there are two main types of fairies, light elves, like me and Chan, and then dark elves. They look a bit different and their dust is black, and they usually live in mountains, while we live in the forest. I guess those are the main differences.”

Chansung huffed, and looked at him unimpressed, like this was not the entire story, but Nichkhun ignored him.

“So...” Junho tried to get the facts straight, “That black glitter wasn't yours?” Actually, he had thought it suited his personality quite well to have such a erted glitter.

“Of course not! My fairy dust is white and pure, just like my heart.”

The wink sent his way, was not quite enough to convince Junho. Seeing his skeptic look, Nichkhun held a closed fist in front of him, then turned it around and opened it up. Curiously, Junho stared at the small pile of silvery glitter in his palm, which looked exactly like Chansung's.

 

With a hint of a smile on his face, Nichkhun said: “Stay pretty,” and then put his lips into a pout and blew the silvery dust all over Junho.

“See, it works!” He exclaimed in mock surprise, “Maybe he isn't a magic boy after all!”

 

Ignoring his friend's attempt at being funny, Chansung went right back on topic: “What was it doing there? Do you think it had something to do with this?”

“I don't know.” Suddenly Nichkhun turned dead serious, “He didn't really know anything and seemed just as confused as I was.”

“Did he tell you anything?”

“Just that his name was Minjun, and that he had suddenly been warped into human world, same as us.”

“And he just gave you his dust?”

“Well we swapped some, in case it would come in handy.”

“Did you stay with him for long? Where is he now?”

“For a while,” the smallest hint of a smile appeared on Nichkhun's face, “He was with one of his... underlings when it happened, and was afraid he had been sent over too, so he wanted to search for him.”

 

There was a long heavy silence, before Chansung finally muttered, “Do you think there are more of ours?”

Hesitating for a moment, Nichkhun carefully said:

“I thought I sensed Wooyoung.”

“When?”

“Last night. But I was asleep, so I could have been dreaming.”

“But we don't hear him now? That can't be a good sign.”

“It took me a while after we arrived to sense you again. Whatever threw us over, was powerful. Maybe, he will be connected soon. Or perhaps it was only a dream, and he is completely safe back home.”

“Maybe,” Chansung replied, but he did not sound especially hopeful.

 

The rest of the evening, the two fairies talked nonstop, trying to come up with explanation for how they had been transferred into the human world and why. To begin with, Junho tried to follow what they were saying, but there were too many mentions of creatures and magic he had no understanding of, and he was pretty sure at least half of the conversation happened in their head anyways. So soon, he found himself losing them, and slowly, but steadily, his eyelids became heavier.

 

“Looks like magic boy needs his beauty sleep.” Nichkhun gently nudged him, and Junho blushed when he realized that he had been dozing off at a fancy restaurant.

 

But he really was exhausted, so he couldn't be happier when the fairies decided it was best to go back to the hotel room. The short walk, and elevator ride woke him up a bit, so when he came up, he decided to take a shower. He had been traveling most of the day after all, and warm water sounded too tempting.

 

His plans got interrupted, however, when Chansung happily exclaimed:

“That's perfect, I need to shower too,” and prepared to follow him into the bathroom.

Panicking completely, Junho stopped in his footsteps, and his heart started to nervously speed up. Of course there was nothing wrong with two men showering together, but when one of them was openly gay, things became a lot more awkward. And Chansung didn't exactly have too many restrictions, so who knew what he might grab.

 

Unexpectedly, it was Nichkhun who came to his rescue.

“Don't you think Junho might want to shower alone?”

“Why?” There was absolutely zero understanding in his eyes.

“Sometimes, humans need their privacy.”

“But...”

“Chansung.”

They stared at each other for a while, and Junho was sure that some kind of conversation was going on between them, that was out of his reach.

“Fine,” eventually Chansung caved, his plump lips pouting, and he unenthusiastically looked at Junho and said: “You go first, I can wait.” Then a hopeful hint of a smile appeared on his face. “Unless, you want to...”

“I will only be a minute.” Quickly, Junho interrupted him and hurried to the bathroom before he could finish that sentence.

 

The shower felt wonderful, warm and beyond perfect. But Junho did not dare to stay in it for too long, in case Chansung changed his mind. Of course the door was locked, but he had no idea what kind of magic they controlled, and he doubted a simple lock would stop them. So he hurried as much as he could. While drying himself, he tried to look at his behind in the full size mirror. The mark that Chansung had drawn, was still there, on the upper part of his buttock, a little to the side. Junho had no idea what it meant, but at least it seemed intact, which was fortunate, because he was really not in the mood to have Chansung his right now. The thought made him blush, so he quickly finished drying himself and put on some pajama pants and a T-shirt Nichkhun had lent him. His underwear was far too dirty to be used again, so he figured that tomorrow they would have to shop for clothes.

 

When he came back to the room, Chansung sent him a smile, and then went for his own shower. It felt a bit awkward, being alone with Nichkhun, but luckily Chansung’s shower was quick.

 

There was only one bed in the hotel room, but it was huge, and big enough for three grown men. But although Junho was very careful to lie right on the edge of it, Chansung still snuggled right up to his back. A bit uncomfortable at the unnecessary closeness, Junho wasn't sure what he should say, or if he should say anything at all. But he was starting to understand that fairies were very social, so this was probably normal for them. There were only so many battles he could fight for his personal space, so he had to choose them wisely. Besides, Chansung wasn't really grabbing onto anything sensitive, or being inappropriate really, so this should not be a big deal, even though his nose was pressed right up against the back of Junho's neck.

 

“Chansung thinks you smell nice,” Nichkhun suddenly muttered, from the other end of the bed.

Face turning bright red, Junho did not understand why he felt the need to say that, but he was beginning to understand that Nichkhun was a bit of a tease, so maybe he was only joking. But even though Chansung was still awake, he didn't object, so maybe it actually was true, which was ten times more embarrassing.

“Oh... probably the shampoo.” he awkwardly tried to make the situation less weird.

Of course that made Nichkhun laugh, and he replied, “Oh, sure... definitely.”

Not sure if he was agreeing with him, or mocking him, Junho decided not to ask.

 

After spending the previous night in a tiny tent in a random forest, the soft bed was beyond comfortable, and before long, with Chansung's big warm body pressed up against his back, Junho fell into deep sleep.

 

 

 

 

 


Hello lovelies 

Finally some mentions of more characters *exciting*

But I should probably warn you that there is still quite a while until we have a full cast of 2PM in this story.

Hope you liked the chapter ♥♥♥

annyeong

 

 

And then just because this level of cuteness is just ugh... I CANNOT

 

 

*gives-up*