Intruders

Fairytale

 

 

 

Carefully, as quietly as possible, Junho took the few steps towards his grandfather’s bedroom. Nervously holding his breath, he stopped beside the door and took a quick look inside. After seeing what was in there, he quickly retreated and hid behind the wall for a moment, in complete panic. There truly was someone in there. Gathering up his courage, he hesitantly stepped into the room, holding tightly onto the baseball bat in one hand and his grandfather’s book in the other.

 

The intruder didn’t seem to notice him at all and kept on searching for something underneath the bed, occasionally bringing forward some books he found there, not caring about the noise he was making. A bit stumped at the carefree nature of the burglar, for a few moments Junho stood still, staring at the ample bottom facing his direction, not sure how to handle the situation.

“Excuse me, what exactly do you think you are doing?” He finally managed to stutter up, glad his words sounded more confident than he felt.

The rustling stopped, and the stranger sat up, turning around while muttering some minor curse words under his breath, but didn’t seem especially upset at having been caught. Very relaxed he stood up, showing off his tall frame and strong build. Casually, he approached him, running his finger through his hair. He was handsome, but in annoying sort of way, and Junho couldn’t stand how shameless he seemed, even after being caught red-handed.

 

Closer and closer, the intruder came, until he was barely one feet away, making Junho’s heartbeat start to misbehave in his chest. Opening up his palm, right in front of his own mouth, the stranger put his thick lips into a pout and blew, spreading silvery glitter from his palm all over Junho’s face.

“You didn’t hear anything. You didn’t see anything. Go back into your room and fall asleep.”

Then just as casually, he picked up a black leather bag from the floor, walked up to the bookshelf and started to sort through the books, putting the ones he liked into his bag.

 

Not believing what he had just witnessed, Junho stared at him openmouthed. His intuition had been spot on, this guy was insufferable.

“What’s the matter with you!” he almost shouted, feeling extremely irritated. “Just because you’re a little handsome you think you can blow glitter in my face and I’ll let you freely steal my grandfather’s stuff?” Instantly he regretted admitting to the stranger that he found him good looking, but in the end it probably didn’t matter. The way he was acting, most likely he was very well aware of his own handsomeness.

His outburst finally managed to gain some response from the guy, who now stared at him looking completely shocked. Before Junho had the chance to say anything else, the intruder was at his side again, almost inhumanly fast blowing more glitter at his face.

“Go away!”

Junho took a step back, nervously dropping the baseball bat to the floor in surprise. The stranger didn’t even seem to notice and just moved closer, pinning him against the wall, bringing with him the fresh scent of the forest. Whatever cologne he was using, it was working for him.

“Sit down! Jump! Sing a song!” Each command followed a blow of glitter, the stranger’s lips inches away from his.

Starting to get very hot and uncomfortable at getting his personal space invaded, Junho pushed the annoying guy away, doing his best to ignore the firmness of his chest.

“I won’t follow your stupid commands…” Junho replied grumpily, trying to hide his fluster, “…and Stop blowing glitter at me, you moron.”

 

Even though the stranger let himself be pushed away, Junho could still feel his gaze on him, and even though the heart was pounding violently, he looked daringly back at him, not wanting to show any weakness, hoping the heat in his face wasn’t visible as a blush.

 

For quite some time they stared at each other in silence, but then the stranger’s face suddenly lit up:

“You said this was your grandfather’s stuff? Was master Park Jinyoung your grandfather?!?”

“D-Did you know him?”

“Are you the son of his daughter or his son?” the stranger asked, now suddenly very alert.

“What has that to do with anything?”

“I need you to answer. Are you his daughter’s son? Or his son’s?” This weird question somehow seemed very important to him.

“Uh, actually my mom was his daughter, but…”

“I’ll be damned.” The intruder stared at him in total shock, “That old sneaky man… How could he possibly…?”

“D-Did you know him?” Junho asked again, feeling curious why his grandfather would know such a weirdo.

“Of course I knew him, everyone knows master Park…” Then he added apologetically, “…knew him, I mean… I still haven’t gotten used to… you know.”

Strangely, the guy seemed genuinely sorry, making him curious how his grandpa could possibly know someone Junho had never ever heard him talk about.

 

“Who are you? And how did you know him?”

“I’m Chansung” he replied smiling brightly, adding, “Your grandfather visited Fairyland a couple of times, and then he often communicated with us because of his book.”

“Fairy-what?”

“Fairyland, I’m a fairy” he said proudly patting his chest.

“F-Fairy?” Junho replied hesitantly, “You mean… like a gay person?” he added, and his face felt so hot there was no way it wasn’t bright red.

“Gay?” the man seemed confused.

“I mean… that you like... getting intimate with men?” Junho couldn’t believe he was saying this out loud. Maybe this guy was from the country side and didn’t understand all common phrases.

“Of course I do, but what has that to do with anything?” This man called Chansung stared at him completely confused, and Junho felt so embarrassed he wanted to sink into the ground, and tried his best not to think about in too much detail what the guy had so blatantly confessed to.

“Anywho…” The guy continued, “Your grandfather must have explained? He knew so much, it sometimes felt he was one of us.”

“O-Of you… fairies?”

“Yes.”

“A-Are you meaning like… a real fairy? With wings, living in the forest? Things like that?” Junho started to wonder if his grandfather had secretly been into some serious role playing.

“Exactly!” The man answered, feeling happy and relieved he finally seemed to be getting it.

“I don’t see any wings?”

“Of course not, I hide them when I’m in the human world” he replied matter-of-factly.

“And aren’t fairies supposed to be tiny?” Junho asked skeptic, not sure if the guy was making a fool out of him or if he was just genuinely crazy.

“Well, that’s all a matter of perspective, I suppose. Compared to a hodong-troll, I’m certainly very small” this Chansung guy answered with a smile that looked awfully similar to a smirk and moved closer to Junho, hovering over him with his stupid height, adding: “Compared to you… Not so much.”

 

Junho’s head felt like it was boiling, first of all, why did he always have to stand so close? And now he was making fun of his height. He really didn’t like this stupid guy.

“I have you know that I’m not small at all! I’m perfectly average for a Korean male… Just because you happen to be a little bit tall it doesn’t give you the right to…”

Suddenly his mouth was covered with Chansung’s hand, and a minute later he whispered into his ear: “Did you hear anything?”

Shocked at suddenly having the stranger’s warm body right against his own, Junho just shook his head. For a moment, they stayed completely still, but then the fairy whispered again:

“The house is still guarded right?”

Confused, Junho tried to answer but his words got muffled by Chansung’s hand. Letting go of him for a moment, the intruder went towards the window.

After examining the window frame he asked in a hushed, but completely outraged voice:

“Did you remove the guarding spell?”

“The what?”

“There must have been a spell here, your grandfather was not stupid!”

“S-Spell? Just some weird drawings, I needed to clean them because…”

“… … ...” The stranger paced around the room again, grabbing a hold of his bag.

 

Right at that moment, there was a definite squeak, making both of them freeze. Someone was coming up the stairs. Chansung looked at Junho in utter panic.

 

After that everything happened very fast. A slim female with orange hair, wearing short leather pants, appeared in the door frame holding up two guns right in their faces.

“Fei-unnie! Suzy-ya! In here.”

Before Junho could even fully understand what was happening, Chansung ran towards him, grabbed around his waist with such force that it felt like being punched. Without any say in the matter he was pulled towards the window. A purple haired girl appeared at the doorframe, holding up a bow, saying: “We need them alive!” Apparently she didn’t pay too much attention to her own words, because she started to shoot arrows in their direction. But Chansung was already jumping with the two of them through the window, bits and pieces of broken glass flying everywhere. Another blue haired girl appeared in the door, dressed in tight and revealing leather clothes like the other two, all of them looking like they had jumped out of a video game.

 

Although Junho was glad to leave the room, especially when the blue-haired girl started to throw knives at them, it seemed like they were jumping from one danger into the next. As gravity started to pull at them, he remembered that they were on the second floor, and in panic his last thought went through his head.

“, I’m gonna die.”