1021

Description

 

A boy, a girl, and a proposal.

 

“How does a boy tell a girl he loves her?” he asked, looking so lost, confused, and uncertain.

She wants to just smack his head to knock some sense into him but doing so would only cause the opposite effect. So in the end, she sighed, and tried to be patient as she answered his question.

“If you can’t say the actual words, then go with numbers.”

“Like, 143?” he asked once more. She wanted to laugh. How did the mighty and suave Jung Yonghwa turn out to be this kind of man? She knew the answer, he knew the answer, but still, none of them tried to bring the topic up.

“No. Eww. How old-fashioned and unoriginal can you get? Something like, 1021.”

“I don’t get how that equates to something like I love you.”

“Maybe one day you’ll know, but in the meantime, it wouldn’t hurt to guess, right?”

She turned her back to walk away, but froze when she felt his arms wrap around her and his voice whispered in her ears saying,

“Joohyun-ah, 1021.”

Just then, the doorbell rang. Talk about wrong timing.

 

 

 

 

 

Foreword

A one-shot born out of the leftover feels from the first novel I managed to complete reading after quite some time. I’ll try to keep this as short and direct to the point as much as possible. If you are familiar with my previous works, you'll know that trying to adhere to a word/page count limit is such a struggle for me. But still, I'll try. I promise it won't be as lengthy as my last one-shot was. I wish I could finish this in one go, but I have little spare time so it’ll take me longer than I would’ve wanted to complete it. I’ll do my best to post it as soon as it’s done. :) 

P.S. the title is read as "one zero two one." 

 

 

 

 

believerremember
this is going to end up longer than I initially planned. :o