.02

Unfixed

May, 2014

 

 

There was a scatter in the living room in the dorm. Normally, Minseok would be the first one to leave due to his intolerance to mess but this was an exception. Baekhyun has yet again tickled the sleeping giant, which is Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo likes his space when EXO gets a free day. He wants to just lay in his room with his tablet and phone beside him while he watches his anime and drink his soda. That is enough for D.O to keep him sane for the whole day. No one is complaining really but EXO has really been busy since the start of the year and we have been racing from schedule after schedule. Not to mention the pile of extra activities and productions each member has. Basically today is a rest day for Kyungsoo until Chanyeol decides to call for help and then Baekhyun went to pester him. The members gathered in the living room as they watched Kyungsoo giving Baekhyun his punishment for bothering his free time. This happens most of the time that they’re beginning to think Baekhyun likes being strangled by Kyungsoo.

 

 

Anyways, where is this getting us?

Baekhyun was running away from Kyungsoo that he stumbled into our manager’s bag. His stuff scattered all over the floor that it halted the chase. If there was something our manager doesn’t like, it’s when the members start to fool around that they knock stuff up and not just any stuff—his things. Our managers always make it a point to emphasize that the things in their bags are very important, misplacing it might just create bigger problems. Not that we ever knew what they’re hiding but we have always followed that simple rule.

“Whoah, so this is what he owns” Baekhyun said as he started to gather the scattered stuff on the floor. A few of the members decided to help but most of us just walked towards the bag just to take a peek. Not that there was anything new to see, it’s just that it was odd to see his wallet, his pocket notebook, pens and pencils, hand sanitizers, our schedules, and a lot of mail. Mail from SME, music shows, TV shows, etc. While Kyungsoo made sure to put them into place, Baekhyun kept on snooping.

“MBC gives us tons of mail but we never get to go, right?” He told everyone as he flips through the back of each of the envelopes.

“Stop is Baekhyun. Give them to me”

“We should do more variety shows, our fans only get to see us on magazines. It’s starting to bore me.”

Joonmyun sat beside the younger member and took some of the envelopes in Baekhyun’s hands and as he did a small paper fell on the floor. It’s not that I also wanted to snoop around like them but I bend to take the paper.

“Jenny Smith… English tutor… English translator” this was nothing odd. We understood that the company has been trying to find us an English tutor for our upcoming concerts and whatnot. They said it was about time we learned the language now that one of us betrayed the group and left. Tao has been trying the hardest to learn it nowadays but without someone to ask about these things, we’re all left with the stupid dictionary-slash-translator that doesn’t make sense at all. Minseok has given up learning it. Jongin said that he needs enough motivation to self learn it. Quite frankly, it was nicer when Kris was around. Most of us never really had the problem to learn speaking English when he was around. Most of the interview would just be given to him and that’s okay. It’s not like everyone wants to talk.

“Does this mean they finally found us a tutor?” I looked at them as they kept quiet. For awhile the silence was creeping me out the most until one of us blurted…

“IT’S A GIRL!” Sehun had the biggest smile on his face. Normally the older members would be the one excited for this but surprisingly it’s neither any of us. Maybe it’s the thought of learning the language that has everyone quiet or the fact that one of these days, there will come a time that we will have to introduce ourselves in a different language and communicate with our fans. The thought of communicating in their language is amazing however, the thought of finding words to say and make it more meaningful for them is hard.

“Didn’t I tell you to get ready for SME building? MinHee already called and told me that the studio is already free for you guys.” To our surprise the manager was standing in the living room and it shocked most of us. “And what happened here?” he came towards is where he saw Baekhyun and Joonmyun with the envelopes, Kyungsoo was on the floor with his bag and me holding a paper that looked familiar to him. He immediately took the calling card from my hand. “chop chop. Go get ready. Be downstairs in 5 minutes”

He didn’t explain so it had us all thinking that maybe, just maybe the tutor from the calling card wasn’t hired.

 

 

After arriving at the building, our manager left us. He didn’t exactly tell us what to do but when the situation is like this, Jongdae would turn on his music and plug the speaker to his phone and start singing. Baekhyun would just follow while I would fix most of our bags and pile them all in one corner. Chanyeol would flop beside Yixing with their guitars and start their jam. No one really bothers them. Joonmyun would be mostly talking to Kyungsoo and Jongin while Tao and Sehun had their own little world.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

There was a light tap on the door but enough for everyone to hear.

Minseok, who was the closest person to the door, stood up and opened the door.

“Who is it?” Joonmyun asked but Minseok didn’t reply.

“Uhmm… EXO right?” a girl voice is heard and you can really notice that everyone kept quiet. Even I stopped what I was doing just to look at who it is.

The girl stood a few centimeters shorter than Minseok. She had long, wavy and dark brown hair. She’s wearing a plain teal v-neck shirt and dark purple pants. Adding to that is probably 3-inches high brown gladiator sandals. She’s holding a book with her left hand and handed Minseok a card on her right.

To say that this girl is not any of our style is an understatement. I’ve lived with these boys for years so I know that some of us share the same taste in women.

“Hello, Jaeni” Minseok did turn to look at us. There was an awkward greet and stares. Of course, Joonmyun, Chanyeol and Baekhyun are the first members to approach her. These three have always been like that when it comes to guests. I think it was more of them building rapport because if all 11 of us decided to do this, she would automatically think that we are a bunch of weirdos that can’t really socialize. Truth be told, we are good with handling our fans but when it comes to actually socializing with random people only a few people in this group are experts doing this. I don’t know how the other members do it. But in my defense, I grew up with a lot of trust issues and I didn’t have that many friends at all. It took time for me to make friends back then during my trainee days because the person would either take advantage of me or mock me.

Jaeni was welcomed in and sat on the available seat on the black long leather couch. Of course we all gathered and exchanged introductions. Not much was needed since she already knew most of us.

“Good, you have met Jaeni” there was an interruption. Our manager came in with colorful notepads. He handed each of us one. “Guys this is Jaeni Smith. Jaeni is half Korean. Her father is American and she grew up in Chicago. She was born in 1990 and 8 years ago she migrated back to Seoul. She graduated in Yonsei University. Long story short, her credentials are great and…” he looked at most of us “…is a huge lawsuit if you don’t behave.”

If I knew then what I should have known now, I should have followed those very words. 

 

 

 

---

A/N: there are things that I'd like to clarify so it won't get you confused:

1. I've placed timelines for everyone so as to not get confused. The events will be jumping from time after time so be sure that you are on the right timeline for this fanfic.

2. Jenny and Jaeni is the same person. So if you read those 2 names, it's okay because those names are one person. Jenny happens to be her English names.

For now those are just a few of my clarifications. If you do have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

You guys know what to do. Comment, Subscribe and enjoy. Hope you like this chapter.