The Soft and the Glaring Lights

Random Generator

...and she was bound by the suspense of the wide open door. She crept towards the antique, wooden frame when-

She gasped. The panic rose from inside, and she didn't know what to do- mostly because she did not know what was happening around her. The lights were suddenly turned off, and she felt as though she was the main character in the book that she was, at that exact moment, reading. She involuntarily let out a whimper as she felt around her, looking for something- anything- to help her through the dark. Her eyes could not adjust so quickly, and feeling even more panic being summoned, she said the one rational thing that came to her mind.

"Suho?" she whispered. The only thing that answered her was deafening silence. She tried again, "Suho...?"

"I'm here, princess." She let out a sigh of relief and tried guessing his placement from where the sound of his voice came from.

"Suho, what's going on? Why are the lights off?" She felt warmth slip into her hands and unconsciously let a small smile creep onto her face. She nuzzled closer to her newfound heat source, seeking assurance and tranquility that is Suho. He laughed sheepishly as he replied, "Baekhyun accidentally blew up the light bulbs while doing that on-and-off, on-and-off light switch thing. Where he utilizes his 'superpowers'."

She let out a hearty laugh, remembering said boy, flicking the light switch on and off while shaking his head and doing a little-jiggle-dance. She was able to relax a bit more now, knowing the reason for the sudden power outage. 

She then felt a shift on the couch where she resided, and immediately gripped the large hand holding hers a bit harder. "Where are you going?" She asked fearfully. "Are you leaving me here, in the dark?" She truly did not want to sound whiny whatsoever, nor did she want to sound like a damsel in distress. She simply detested the dark, ever since she was young. It was one of those inexplicable fears in which one cannot figure out the root of said fears. 

"Don't worry, princess, I'm only going towards where the lamp is. Just because Baekhyun busted the light bulbs above, doesn't mean he busted the ones below, too." He said softly, not wanting his one and only to feel any sort of unease when he was with her.

She nodded, and rose from where she sat, in order to go walking about with her beloved. She kept her vice grip on his hand, and he did not mind. He found it quite endearing, actually, and also felt a sort of masculine pride, knowing that she knew she could count on him if anything were ever to go wrong.

The two walked towards the general area where the one lamp in that current room stayed, and walked confidently; knowing the house perfectly well.

They reached the small round lamp, in all its glory, and Suho immediately pressed the small button that was at the bottom of the lamp.

The round object glowed soft shades of rouge and sunset orange, as well as the delicate glimmer of pale yellows and unbleached whites. It was the perfect lighting for the two of them, and they were able to see the other as their other, noting their brilliance within the soft light. The warm colors dawned on both of their faces, contouring its shape and giving them highlights and shadows, but in the most exquisitely tender way.

Their eyes slowly drooped as their bodies leaned closer, and closer. They were only a hairbreadths away when-

"HYUNG!" Baekhyun whined, "PLEASE. PLEASE. NOT ON THE LIVING ROOM COUCH. SOME OF US ACTUALLY SLEEP ON THERE DURING OUR WEEKLY FRIDAY MOVIE NIGHTS!"