Day 3

Twenty Days

This won’t do” Taehyung was staring at the supposed-to-be-a-pancake that he was trying to make for breakfast, he spent the last three hours searching for recipes and all what he got in the end is something inedible that he couldn’t even chew. J-hope was still asleep even with all the noise Taehyung was making in the kitchen, good thing the guy doesn’t wake up easily. He decided to give up for today, this is science.. cooking is science..  

He quickly cleaned up the mess that he created and went to wake the other male up. J-hope’s hair was a complete mess that Taehyung found it so hard to resist playing with, so he just went to the kitchen and waited for J-hope to finish washing up. “Oh.. V did you try to cook something?” Taehyung was sure he didn’t leave anything behind so how did he know? “Umm,, I.. Just.. not really..” J-hope glared at him for a while before letting out a sigh, “If you wanna eat something specific tell me I’ll cook it for you” it wasn’t that Taehyung wanted to eat something it’s just that he wanted to prepare breakfast for J-hope, but there was no way he would tell him that. They had their breakfast, which was as good as always.. “Hey, I wanted to ask you something..” Taehyung started, “Mm?” as hesitant as he was, he knew he needed to know the answer, therefore he gathered all his courage and asked “What is the contract about? And why me?” J-hope looked at him for a while then smiled, “That I cannot tell you at the moment, didn’t we agree on me keeping my secrets? But I’ll promise you you’ll get to know eventually, just not now..” he patted him, Taehyung held his hand, “Please don’t.. Pat me or caress my hair, or even hug me, it just doesn’t feel right and I’m not a kid so stop” J-hope was a bit surprised by the other’s words, but he took them as an order, after all, he doesn’t want to refuse any of V’s requests during these 20 days, even if they weren’t written on his 20-pages notebook, he never thought of V as a kid, and he sure never wanted him to feel uncomfortable, so he agreed without asking questions nor explaining himself, “Okay..”

It was obvious that Taehyung was bothered by the Okay he just got, it’s true that he asked for it, but he secretly wished for J-hope to say something instead, to do something, to hush him and ask him to trust him like when they were in the Ferris Wheel, but it isn’t right to expect things either, there’s nothing between them, and everything they do here, every word that they say, every move that they do, is based on a contract, without that contract, J-hope wouldn’t hold him the way he does, nor would he sing for him, hug him, pat him, cook for him, or try his best to make him happy. For a person who lived a lonely life, even if it’s just for the contract, he was glad that J-hope was taking care of him, it’s just that he can’t help himself from getting hurt whenever he remembers that J-hope doesn’t actually have any kind of feelings towards him, it made him feel terrible, because in a way, he knows he has feelings for him, and he knows that it probably is mistaking these feelings just because J-hope is taking care of him, maybe he doesn’t actually like him, maybe it’s just him being thankful to what the other is doing for him.. There were a lot of maybes in Taehyung’s head, but he reminded himself that they are only 17 days that he got to live with J-hope, and at least, he wants to spend a good time with him instead of wasting it thinking about useless things.

The door knocked, and Suga was there holding bags of chips and chocolate “Good morning people, so you really live together ha? Make a space for the king of snacks” They went to the living room to sit, and J-hope was glaring at Suga, it was clear that he didn’t expect his visit. “Chill I’m not gonna kill him, I’m just here to check on you and have fun together and..” “Why are you here.” J-hope interrupted “ah okay, I wanted to tell you that the performance is gonna be tonight instead of tomorrow, and since you guys practiced so hard yesterday I bit you’re more than just ready now.” “Today?!” they both said, and Suga just nodded. “Ah, and J-hope, Jin wants you to go see him, it’s urgent, I’ll stay here babysit our friend here, you don’t need to worry I’ll take a good care of him”

Without questions, J-hope excused himself and asked Taehyung to kill Suga if he tried to lay a hand on him. “You, take a good care of yourself okay? I won’t be late” he was about to pat him before he remembered he shouldn’t, Taehyung’s heart squeezed, but he shouldn’t show it.

“Had a fight?” Suga asked Taehyung when J-hope left, he shook his head in denial, “It’s obvious that there’s something, it’s true that J-hope is like a brother to me but if he’s annoying you tell me I’ll teach him a lesson” he smiled cockily, waited for Taehyung to respond. “He didn’t do anything, he’s always nice, I don’t think he can do anything to hurt anyone anyway..” his hand subconsciously reached his lips, and Suga’s eyes widened, “You love him.” He said, it wasn’t a question, he was stating a fact. “N-no I don’t.. What are you talking about we just met the other day..” it was a hopeless defense, Suga went to pour some drinks for both of them, he knew exactly where everything was, as if it was his own home, Taehyung was following him with his eyes, for some reason it annoyed him how he knew the place so well, it’s J-hope’s house so why.. “Here, drink this.. you don’t need to lie to me or hide things from me, I might not be the best person out there but at least I listen well, tell me what happened? Did he kiss you or something?” Taehyung’s eyes were screaming and Suga saw it, “He did what? Oh god he really did kiss you? Woah J-hope, a whole new level haha” and he got slapped with a pillow, “He didn’t do anything as I said! Stop it already will you?” Suga sighed and apologized for being rude, “Sit, and listen well, I don’t know what happened between you two really but it’s obvious that something did happen, I just want to make sure that you understand one thing clearly, J-hope, isn’t someone you can fall in love with, and if you can’t control that, come to me I’ll deal with J-hope later and you’re free to go.. You don’t need to stick to your end of the contract, I’ll take care of it all.. I’m sure J-hope didn’t expect this to happen or else he wouldn’t drag you along with this..” every word that he said was enough to stab Taehyung’s heart so harshly, even though he knew it well, that he shouldn’t love J-hope, once the twenty days are over, there won’t be anything to hold on to and each of them will go their own way, but why does hearing this from Suga hurts? “Your eyes are tearing up, will you be okay?” Taehyung shook his head “I know it well and I told you I don’t like him, he dragged me along to this place and I’m just waiting for the 20 days to end so I can go back home, and how do you know about the contract anyway?” a good question. But that was when the door opened, J-hope was back with Jin, “Let’s get ready people!”

They arrived at the café where they are supposed to perform. When Taehyung heard the word “café” he thought about a small cozy place where people order and drink coffee, but he didn’t expect at all a large hall with a stage in the middle, surrounded by tables where people “sit and order coffee”, J-hope handed an outfit to Taehyung “This should fit you, hurry up we’re running out of time”. After they all dressed up, there were three stylists who helped them with the makeup and the hair style “Ready?” Jin, who was totally like a different person now, held the mic and welcomed everyone in the café before they started their performance, the first performance that Taehyung participated in. People were screaming so loud when the performance was over, and they were running to get an autograph from their “idols” who aren’t exactly popular, and that was a first to Taehyung too, for someone to ask for his autograph.

Once they reached the fitting room, J-hope hi-fived every one of them, along with Taehyung who hesitated at first since he asked him not to do these kind of things with him, but it felt great to be congratulated for his very first performance “Since it’s your first performance ever, let’s go drink all night long, to the karaoke!” J-hope was way too excited, but Suga broke the excitement by dragging Taehyung on a side “He’s my date for the night, I’m sorry but I’ll have to steal him away from you for a while” at that very moment, Taehyung didn’t understand why, but he didn’t want J-hope to see, the kiss that Suga marked on his own lips, he wasn’t angry with him, he knew he did it for him, but seeing the look in J-hope’s face made his inner soul shatter, don’t look.. “Let’s go, V” he held his hand and took him out of the café, leaving both J-hope and Jin startled.

“You didn’t have to do that..” Taehyung wasn’t really sure what’s going to happen from now on, but he was sure of one thing, he didn’t want J-hope to sleep alone tonight. “didn’t have to? Just what are you saying, I did it because I wanted to, and you are my date for the night.” It was a moment of silence before Taehyung understood what Suga was saying, “You wanted to?” he needed to make sure he didn’t hear that wrong, “why are you too slow..” he leaned to give him another kiss, and that was when he woke up from his shock, “w-wait! What makes you think you can kiss other people just like that, it’s a KISS okay? Not something you can do just with anyone and just because you wanted to!” he himself wasn’t sure what he was saying, but he was literally annoyed now, “Just with anyone? Are you blind? Till when are you going keep this up” he let out a sigh “I like you, I’m saying it to you, I like you, and seeing you falling in love with J-hope, knowing that he isn’t someone who can love you back, really bothers me, so open your eyes, I’m giving you a chance to escape that cage, I know I’m not like J-hope, I know I can’t be as good as he is, but I’m sure not gonna let you sign a contract to be with me” by this, Taehyung has reached his limits “What do you even know.. If it wasn’t for this contract I’d be living in hell right now, what do you think that you know, for a person to do everything he can and he can’t just to make me happy, without even knowing anything about me, not even my real name, not about my terrible past, my awful family-background, he took me in just for who I am, just because I’m me, and without me doing anything in return, he did everything I wished for in these couple of days, for the first time in my life, someone made me happy, made me glad to be alive, if it wasn’t for this contract, I wouldn’t be able to meet him!” with the last word he said, he felt a warm body surrounding him from behind, and by looking at Suga’s expression, he could easily tell, it’s J-hope.

“You came..” Taehyung held the other’s hands that were wrapped around him and turned to face him, “you came” he said it again, part of him not believing that he came, that he hugged him, that he heard him? Was he there all the time? Did he just reach the place? None of this mattered, he’s here. “Don’t look..” J-hope said as he buried his face in Taehyung’s chest, was he crying? Taehyung found himself caressing J-hope’s hair, remembering how messy it was this morning, remembering how he used to caress his hair, did he actually get mad because he thought J-hope considers him a kid when he caresses his hair? Why does it all feel so different now?

It was a while before J-hope took a step back and gave Taehyung that bright smile that no one else in the world has, how can someone cry and smile so beautifully at the same time? By then, Suga has already left the place, “Suga is like a brother to me, I know he tends to be reckless and he does things without thinking, but please forgive him he’s just a kid..” Honestly speaking, even after all what happened, Taehyung didn’t even think about hating or blaming Suga for anything, it was the other way around, he wanted to thank him for helping him clearing his thoughts, he needed this, he needed to know what he wanted, he needed to know what his feelings really are.. “Let’s go home?” J-hope offered, and Taehyung agreed “Only if you let me drive”

On their way back, J-hope fell asleep on the seat, and Taehyung had no other option but to carry him since he doesn’t wake up easily. Gladly J-hope wasn’t that heavy, or maybe he was and Taehyung couldn’t feel it, what matters is that he put him on bed safe and sound, he didn’t get to tell him anything for tonight, he wanted to thank him for making one of his dreams come true, being a part of a band, singing in front of an audience, having fans asking for his autograph, he wanted to thank him, to tell him he appreciates all the little things he does for him, that he appreciates all the efforts made just to make him happy, that he appreciates every second that he spends with him, there were lots that he wanted to tell him, but looking at him smiling so beautifully and innocently in his sleep made him forget about it all, he lied on the bed beside him, held his hand, and gave up to sleep.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contract is valid as long as each of the two parties keep his end of the deal, which includes the following terms and conditions:

3. Party A will take care of Party B during the 20-Days, and this care includes all his expenses, and will answer all his requests without arguing as long as it does not break the law nor hurt any of the two parties physically, emotionally or mentally.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Two updates in one day,, I'm breaking a record here Cx 

 

well I couldn't sleep so I thought about posting another chapter T-T

 

For those who asked about the contract, more details will be revealed as the story goes on,

 

Thank you a lot for spending time reading this story and thanks for everyone who commented/subscribed to my fanfic *love u all*

 

 Will try to clear things up more in the next chapter ♥♥

 

//spreading love between all A.R.M.Y//