Swimming Girl.

Made From Heaven...

"Will you marry me ?"

She jumped in my arms smiling like crazy.

-'Of course I'll marry you !! Finally you asked, I thought you'll never do." and then still in my arm she kissed my cheeks one hundred of time.

I turned my head for her kisses to fall on my lips each time and she pouted cutely and then I push her back, and kissed her for real passionately on the lips for minutes. Then we broke it to get our breath back. She looked at me shyly and I got out of my pocket a couple of rings. I put on of them on her finger. "I'm sorry, I didn't bought a proper ring, but this is our couple ring" she nodded "It's better like this oppa" She hugged me and whispered "I love you".

I bought those rings to give it to her when we were in the hotel, I wanted to give it to her as a present but as we fought I couldn't give it to her.

---------

My wife-to-be Jihyo had been busy at the pool. She was trainning for a swimming competition between universities. As she was the hope of our school she had to train really hard and had barely no time for me. During the day we were attending our classes and when it was over she was at the swimming pool. At night, she was really tired and our phone calls barely long more than 10 minutes. I was missing her but I couldn't say it seeing how hard she was practising. So I occupied my time on the ring. Trainning hard to improve even more my skills.

One day, when I was sweating out on the ring DongHoon came running toward me screaming my name.

-"Ya ! Gary !! Gary !! Why aren't you answering your phone ?" He seemed mad or worried, or maybe both.

-"Oh sorry, I'm training I don't keep my phone on me, what's wrong?" I asked him, wiping the sweat on my torso with my towel.

-"Man..... It's Jihyo..." Haha tried to speak but was taking back his breath after running here.

-"Oh, Jihyo, what's wrong with her?" I started to worry at the mention of her name.

-"Byul told me..... She was practising but hurt her leg and almost drawn. She's been transported at the closest ER" DongHoon tried to tell me calmly but her was worried. My heart beated faster and my pulse was quicker. I ran toward my bag to take my phone in case Jihyo had tried to join me. I was damn worried and out of breath. There was four missed calls but all were from Haha. I looked at him.

-"Shower real quick, I'll try to call Clara or YeoJin to know in which hospital she's in and we'll go and see her"

I smiled to him, for sure he's a real good friend. I ran to the shower and quickly wash myself and got dress. I went out and saw Haha hanging up the phone. He told me where Jihyo is and we ran toward the car.

-----------------

After asking for her name at the reception I walked to her room. Without knocking I entered the room she was in, and I saw her, she was in the last bed of the room near the window.

-"Jihyo-ya !" I ran toward her, glad to see her sat on the bed looking alright.

-"Oh, Oppa !" She smiled when she saw me and I took her in a hug. I was so relieved.

-"Oppa, what are you doing?" she tried to push me, she was embarassed.

That's when I saw, that we were not alone in the room and that just next to Jihyo were her swimming coach and her friends looking at me with a smile. I got embarassed too and bowed to them. I was so worried for her that I did not realized she was not alone in the room.

-"So you must be Gary...." smiled to me her coach. It was our first encouter.

-"Yeh, anyonghaseyo" I bowed once again. It was akward but Jihyo hold my hand.

-"Well, it's a pleasure finally meeting the man behind Jihyo's smile" her coatch said and smiled to Jihyo. She side-hugged Jihyo.

-"We'll go now Jihyo, take care of yourself and get back on your feet we need you for the competition !" she said and Jihyo smiled.

-"Sure ! I'll come back quickly !"

Jihyo's caotch and her friends left to go back trainning. It made me smile to see Jihyo so close with her coatch and with her clubmates, knowing how stressed she was and how she hesitated before joinning a swimming club again. HaHa, Jihyo and I were left in the room. I sat next to Jihyo on the bed.

-"Jihyo, I'm glad you're ok. Get well soon ok !" HaHa said and went to Jihyo to give her a hug. She hugged him back and he patted my back. "Well bro, I have a lot of things to do so I'm gonna leave. Take care of her" and he too, left the hospital. 

-"What happened ? I got so worried !" I softly told her while patting her head.

-"I sprained my knee.... It's apparently a big sprain and seems I may need to go under surgery to fix back everything" she told me with a hint of sadness in her voice. Not because it was painful but because she had a competition soon.

-"Hey, come on, it's gonna be ok" I hugged her, she hugged me back and burried her face in my nape.

-"I got so worried HaHa told me you almost drawn" I whispered and I felt her smiling. I broke the hug and pushed her to see her face.
 "Ya! Why are you smiling? This is not a joke for me"

-"Aniyo oppa, it's not because I almost drawn, and I did not even almost drawn, it's just that because of the pain I had a hard time getting out of the pool they had to help me."

-"That's the same, you could have get drawn !"

-"I'm sorry Kang Gary for worrying you" she smiled her beautiful smile, I couldn't get mad at her.

-"Oppa" she cupped my face with her hand and kissed me, "I think you can go. My mom's gonna arrived soon and she's already upset I got hurt, if she sees you here..." She looked down. I hold her chin and kissed her. "I got it" I smiled to her. "I'm leaving but call me after you're mother left you ok !" I kissed her again and she responded my kiss. "You're the best" she smiled at me. I gave her a last smile, kissed her goodbye and left.

I simply got home and waited for her call. I was quite dissappointed that I had to leave her real fast while I did not see her a lot because she was busy, but her mom still did not liked me, I didn't wanted tu upset Jihyo's mother.

After an hour or two, I was almost asleep waiting on my sofa, my phone started to ring. It was Jihyo. Without waiting more I answered her call and waited for her to talk.

-"Oppa" she said softly, it was late and she didn't wanted to disturb the silence in the hospital.

-"Oh, Jihyo, you're mom left ?"

-"Yes.... She wasn't happy bout my injury. I'll meet the doctor again tomorrow and we'll decide of what we do for my leg and if I can go and do the competition in two weeks"

-"I see, are you in pain? Does it hurt badly?" I was quite worried but I heard her soft laugh.

-"Ani, I'm ok. They gave me painkillers. Don't worry too much"

-"I can't help when it's you..." I said in a cheeky tone and she laughed again.

-"Anyway... Oppa, I'm sorry you had to leave early, I know we haven't see each other much thoses days but I'll have to rest a little so you'll can see me more" she had her serious tone back.

-"Of course, I'll be here tomorrow after my classes. And it's soon your birthday so we'll be able to celebrate !" I tried to cheer her up.

-"Oh that's right, it's in two days already.... Oppa, what are you going to offer me?" she said excited.

-"Well... It's a secret ok !"

-"Aishh, tell me oppa!!!" She whined cutely over the phone

-"Ah don't do that Jihyo-ya you're making my heart weak" I laughed and touched my chest.

-"Oppaaaaa... Please tell me !"

-"No way !"

-"Come one ! Tell me... I'm so sad right now... Being alone in a hospital... Oh and my knee hurt soooo baaad~~~" She tried to weaken me but I laughed.

-"Ya!Ya!Ya! This is not going to work."

-"Come on ! Tell me else I won't marry you" she tried to blackmailed me and we both laughed.

-"You promised me already, it's too late for you to turn back. Even if you turn back I'll force you to marry me. Now that you agreed once, it's over for you, you are mine and mine only!" I smirked and heard her laughed loudly.

-"MongJi-ha"

-"Hum ?" she sounder more tired.

-"Go sleep, rest well it's better for your condition. I'll see you tomorrow."

-"Oh, arasso oppa. Good night"

-"Good night MongJi, Love you" I kissed the phone and hung up.

---------------------

Next day, Jihyo's mother came in the morning, she and Jihyo went to see Jihyo's doctor in order to knew a little more about her condition. The doctor wasn't really optimistic and said Jihyo won't be able to take part of the competition in two weeks. He wasn't sure neither that she'll be able to take part in other competition when she'll be healed. He though told the two that there is a program in the USA, healing sportives and they are specialized in sport injury, healing with advances technics in order for the person to be able to keep doing sport and recover 90-100%. He proposed Jihyo's mother to sign in and send Jihyo there for her to get a proper treatment if she wanted to go back swimming again.

When I arrived in Jihyo's room, her mother was there, happily chatting with ChangMin. I timidly enter the room, Jihyo saw me and greeted me.

-"Oppa ! You're here !" she said happily, I smiled at her and bowed to her mother who was starring at me.

Her mother greeted me back with an expressionless face and resumed talking with ChangMin, he was welcomed in the room while I was not. I was feeling really akward, I approched Jihyo and took a little of her news.

-"Jihyo-ya, I think I better leave for now... I'll come back to you later ok" I whispered to her and she nodded, dissappointment all over her face. I bid her mother  and ChangMin goodbye and leaved quietly. As I had time, I decided I'll go look for Jihyo's present.

---------------

In her room, Jihyo was listening her mother and ChangMin. ChangMin was offering to go with Jihyo in Seattles where the healing program was available as he has a family house there. It would be only for three weeks before she would be able to be transfered back to Korea. Madame Song agreed to the idea and thanked ChangMin for his offer. Jihyo was against the idea. After offering his help ChangMin leaved the two. Jihyo and her mother started arguing.

-"It's a great opportunity, like this you'll be able to keep swimming and you'll spend time with ChangMin"

-"I won't go omma, I can't" Jihyo talked back

-"Why don't you go with him ?" her mom asked Jihyo a little pissed.

-"Stop ! I won't go, why would I ? He's nothing for me !"

-"Then you want to stay with Gary and have a miserable life ?"

-"Omma ! How can you even say that ? Don't you feel sorry for him ?"

-"Why would I ? What did he do for you excepted following you around ?"

-"HE ! He's the one who stayed by my sided during the worse moment of my life, he doesn't care of my past and he loves me like crazy more than anyone else, more than you do !"

Her mom slapped her.

-"Are you crazy ?" she asked her yelling

-"Yes ! Yes I am ! How can I not be after what happened ? Hu ? Have you ever considered how I should feel inside ? Get out please !" Jihyo cried. Her mom got out and came back later when Jihyo was asleep.

I was wondering how it went and was still walking around in the street with my present for Jihyo's birthday. Leaving her like this because of her mom and ChangMin I wanted to see her face again. It was 11pm. I knew her mom would be at home by this hour. 11pm, till one hour before Jihyo's birthday...

I remember her laughing in front of the clowns in the amusement park last time, I decided to make her a surprised. I called HaHa, YeoJin, Clara, Simon and eles and they helped me.
We all gathered in front of that Café I used to work in near our school and when everyone was there, we entered the closed school. In the swimming club we started decorating the room for her party. HaHa brought the birthday cake, we had everything and were ready. I texted her to come in the school, I told her to escape from the hospital and to joined us. During the time she must be on her way here, I disguised myself as a clown. We only waited for her.....

After a while we heard her comming, we got ready and as soon as she came in the light were off, we screamed Happy Birthday, I ran toward her throwing the cake in her face. I knew she was going to laugh because she found it really funny when she saw that in the park last time. Then we switched on the light and what we saw surprised all of us. The woman wasn't Jihyo but it was her mom....

Gasping in shock, we hurridly brought her towel for her to clean up and appologized to her. She cleaned herself and they all got back inside the locker room in order to let me and her mother talk calmly.

My heart was beating fast, I was really anxious and sorry. I knew her mother did not like me a lot but after getting a cake full of cream in her face I knew she was going to hate me. We sat on a bench and I couldn't stop appologizing while looking down. To my surprised her mom stayed calm and told me to stop saying sorry.

-"Gary I would like you to be the one you were in the past, only a good friend for my daughter. Actually there is someone I want Jihyo to marry. But I think she hesitates because of you. I know I shouldn't say that but I don't like the fact you know everything about her past if you really love her then let her go. For her to have a better future. When you'll have your own kids you'll understand me. I believe you'll make the right choice." she said to me. I listened to her, she told me about the healing program, the fact Jihyo didn't wanted to go. In fact I didn't wanted Jihyo to go too, especially not with that ChangMin... But I knew how Jihyo loves to swim, and I didn't want to take that away from her. I didn't want her to not heal her knee because of me, I also knew how har it was for Jihyo to sign in a swimming club again and she's so good a swimming... It was the first time her mother seemes this sincere and hurt. At that instant I knew she cared for her daughter.

After explaining me the whole situation she left me with my own thoughts. I did not sleep that night.

During the day, I stayed at home trying to find what was the best desicion to take. I got texts and calls from Jihyo but I didn't answer any of them. From the last texts she send me, I knew she was mad at me... I realized that it would be easier this way. I should make her hate me in order to broke up with her... I wanted her to go in the USA, I wanted her to get healed.

---------------

Two days later, Jihyo got discharged from the hospital as she disagree going to the USA. I ignored all her calls and her texts, and tried to avoid her at school. YeoJin and Clara looked for me and I begged them to not tell Jihyo about the surprised birthday party and her mother's talk with me.

Jihyo didn't understood why I acted that way, nor she understood why I didn't wish her her birthday. She kept texting me asking me what's wrong but I couldn't answer.

One day, I felt strong enought to confront her and replied her text with simply:

"Tonight, 7pm 401 Restaurant Seoul"

I was in time at the restaurant. My heart was pounding fast and I felt awful, really sad. She got here, dressed with a blue dress, she looked tired and by the look of her eyes I knew she had been crying a lot recently. It made my heart weaken for a few seconds but I got myself together and convinced myself it was for the best... well for her best. In front of me, she had teary eyes but flashed me a weak smile. I tried hard to not break down, why did she look this pitiful.... I sat down and waited for her to sit face to me.

-"Oppa... What's wrong? What happened? Why have you disapear ?" she questionned me with a hint of hope in her voice.

-"Jihyo-ya... I... I needed time to think...." I wished I would have sound more harsh.

-"Thinking about what oppa? Did I do something wrong ? I haven't see you since that day in the hospital with my mom and ChangMin oppa.... You haven't been answering nor my messages nor my calls.... Is it because you did not feel good in the hospital? I mean.. Don't care about my mom she'll change one day...."

She couldn't stop the tears from escaping her pretty eyes.... It was harder for me, I wanted to take her in my arm and confort her right away.

-"It's not because of that day nor because of your mom..."

-"So it's because of ChangMin oppa ? Why are you acting like this, you know I don't love him!" She raised her voice a little.

-"Jihyo" I said calmly

-"What?"

-"Let's stop here" cold... I wanted to sound as cold and as detach as possible.

-"Wh..What?" Her tone soften and there was a hint of sadness

-"I thought a lot about this and I think it will be the best for both of us to stop here"

She drank in one go her soju glasse.

-"Ok... But if you want to break up with me you own me an explenation. Why do you want to break up?"

-"There's no particular reason Jihyo, I... I just want to end this" I looked to my left to avoid her gaze. I couldn't bear the pain showing in her eyes.

-"It's because of ChangMin right ?" I was hoping she would stop asking me, it became harder and harder to lie to her. I knew I had no other choice than to sound like a bastard for her to let go. Because I knew that if she kept asking why with thoses eyes, I wouldn't be able to break up anymore. I drank in one go my glasse of soju.

-"I just can't do that anymore, I don't want to do that anymore. You're annoying !" I tried to raise my voice a little and drank another glasse, I needed this.

-"It's ok.. It hapens in every relationship, we'll go through this" I was deseperate, she was making it harder for me and for her. But how could she not, when we loved each other so much?

-"Why don't you understand? I can date a woman with such a heavy past but how could I marry her hu?" I hated myself for saying this to her but I had no choice.

-"Stop!" Her voice was drie, her eyes full of tears trying to escape her eyes. "You're drunk.. Let's go home"

Oh Jihyo I pleaded you, give up on me please.

-"Ya!" I yelled and she looked away, "Look at me" and she did "How could I stay with someone who slept with her coach ?" I hurt her... I saw in her eyes that this comment broke her heart, her body started to shake and tears rolled down her cheeks. She threw a glasse of water in my face and stood up.

-"I don't ever want to see your face again" She told me and left crying.

-I'm sorry Jihyo-ya, I didn't had the choice, please forgive me... I haven't other choice than to be a jerk but truth is I love you so much-

I'm sorry for the bad end, but everything can still happen in the next chapter.... Oh and (it's still the 15th right now in France) Happy Birthday Song Jihyo !