Leaving Korea

Made From Heaven...


-"So you'll go live there forever ?" YeoJin asked Jihyo as they were sat on a bench of the airport waiting for Jihyo's flight to America. Jihyo shook her hand. "I don't know" she said in a low voice.

-"Have you said goodbye to Gary" she asked her but Jihyo didn't answer. "We really have the worse love story" Jihyo said and sighed.

-"Jihyo-ya?"

-"Hu?"

-"Do you.... still love him?" YeoJin asked carefully and Jihyo let out a deep sigh before nodding, YeoJin sighed too.

-"Why are you leaving with ChangMin then? If you don't love ChangMin oppa....."

-"I... I don't know.. Why would I stay in Korea when Gary broke up with me... Last time I saw him..." Jihyo answered

-"Really? Gary? Where?" YeoJin was curious she cut Jihyo, she never got why Jihyo and I broke up.

-"We went to have a drink.... Then, I wanted to sleep in his arm a last time... I'm crazy right? He let me down and I'm still in love... He said awfull words to me and I still want to be in his arms....." Jihyo's eyes got teary. YeoJin side-hugged her.

-"Aniya Jihyo-ya... To be honest I still don't get why you two suddenly broke up. What happened in his mind? He looked so in love with you..." She patted Jihyo's back when she remembered something:

-"Oh by the way Jihyo, I have this for you" YeoJin gave Jihyo a box neatly wrapped in a pink ribbon. It's the box I asked YeoJin to give to Jihyo when she's in the plane for Seattle.

Jihyo opened the box and saw it, the shoes we once saw in the street, the really expensives ones she wanted. Her eyes got teary as she reconized the shoes.

"How ?" she asked YeoJin, YeoJin shrugged.

-"Gary oppa asked me to give this to you last week. He told me to say to you to not open it before you're in Seattle. Actually, I've already seen that box, Gary had bought it that day for your birthday. You know when you were in the hospital for your leg, and we were waiting you at the surprised birthday party in the pool room Gary had prepare"

-"What are you talking about ?" Jihyo asked shocked to YeoJin. She was oblivious to that situation.

-"You don't know?" It was YeoJin's turn to be surprised. I had ask to all our friends that were there that day to not talk to Jihyo about that. "Damn, he asked us to not talk to you about that saying it was a sensitive subject" YeoJin covered with both her hands.

-"Are you kidding me? He never talk to me about a party, I thought he forgot my birthday because he didn't wish it to me. What happened that day?" Jihyo asked, holding the box tightly.

-"Well, he said he had text you to come at the pool, we were waiting for you in the dark we wanted to surprised you. Gary was even disguised as a clown cause he said that would make you laugh. He was supposed to throw a cream cake in your face as soon as you arrive. After waiting someone finally came at our party. We thought it was you and Gary threw is cake. But when we the light we were so surprised to see it wans't you but your mother"

-"Omma?" Jihyo's eyes were wild opened.

-"Yes.. We all bowed to her and she wanted to speak to Gary alone. They spoke for a while... Gary looked really sad and depressed after talking to you mom"

-"It can't be... " Jihyo thought out loud.

-"Cant' be what?" YeoJin asked

-"YeoJin-ha, that's about around the same time Gary became weird and he broke up with me..." Jihyo's voice cracked.

As she looked down, Jihyo saw the letter I let inside the box and she read it.

"Jihyo, this is for you, hope you'll still like it. Take care of you and do not hurt yourself anymore. Also I'm sorry for not keeping my promises to you, I'm sorry to not stay by your side and to not face the future together as I promised you. Please, get better in Seattle and swim again, smile again and find your own happiness ok?!"

Jihyo stood up as tears were flowing down her cheeks, she hurridly took a paper and a pen and wrote down something she gave the paper to YeoJin and  ran out of the airport and cought a Taxi.

YeoJin stayed at the airport, waiting for ChangMin to arrive. When he got there, she waved at him who was looking for Jihyo, she gave the piece of paper to ChangMin.

"ChangMin oppa, I won't tell you I'm sorry. Before I agree to go in Seattle with you, you told me I could go back in Korea whenever I want so I'll use that card right now. You told me you know that I love Gary deeply and you're right, you also told me that he wouln'd forget me but I won't forget him either. I can't go with you because Gary's the man I'll marry. Oppa, take care of you well. I'll stay at the place my heart belongs too. Oppa, thank you for everything. Bye"

------------------

I was trainning on the boxing ring when I heard a loud thump comming over.

-"You're not a member of the boxing club, we're trainning right now you can't go in" A man from our boxing club said from the corridor

-"I need to see him, let me in" I heard a familiar voice yelling.

-"YA!!" The man yelled, the familiar voice had push the man to enter in the boxing club.

-"Kang Gary!" I heard Jihyo's voice and I turned towrad the voice, eyes wide opened and mouth agape. There she was, Jihyo ran toward the ring, she entered the ring, pulled my wrist and started pulling me outside of the club.

-"Ya, Jihyo what are you doing?" I asked her as she was dragging me out.

-"Wait, I'll follow you but first I need to change my clothes" I stopped her in her track and she looked at me from head to toe. She let my wrist and nodded. Slightly blushing as everyone in the club was looking at us. She followed me in the locker room. We were only the both of us in the room, I closed the door and looked at her.

-"Jihyo-ya.. You should wait outside I need to change of clothes" I softly told her. She looked at me and her pink turned bright pink. She nodded and left the locker room, closing the door and waiting behind. I quickly washed myself and put clean clothes on. I went out of the locker room and waited by her side.

-"Come with me" she said in a whisper. "We need to talk" she added and led the way.

She brought me at "401 Restaurant" the place I broke up with her. Comming back here lit up again that pang of guilt in my heart.

We sat at a table, she ordered Soju and porkbelly.

-"Aren't you supposed to be in a plane at this hour?" I tried to broke the akwardness, I knew it was the day she was supposed to leave for Seattle. But my question just made the mood even more akward.

-"I change of mind" she told me before grabbing the bottle of soju. I stopped her before she has the time to have a glass.

-"Why ?" she asked staring at me mongly.

-"I don't want you to be drunk like last time" I said.

-"Last time ?" she asked. "Damn" I though, it escaped my mouth.

-"Oppa, the last time I got drunk I remember having speak to you, I remember you came into my house and took me in your arm, but... but I though it was a dream as you broke up with me. Oppa, you were there right ? It wasn't a dream, was it ?" she asked me. I didn't answer and she frowned.

"I know my mom spoke to you the day of my birthday, since that day you became weird and after you broke up with me, Oppa, can't you tell me the truth ? Can't you tell me what she've told you ?"

I ketp staring back at her, I didn't knew if I should tell her or not but finally I did. I told her everything, the surprised event for her birthday, the fact that her mother came instead of her. The hard time I had to take the decision to leave her, to let her go to the USA. And also the way she was drunk and scared after we broke up and the fact I had to go to her place to calm her down. She started to cry.

-"Why are you crying ?" I asked her panicking.

-"I'm so sorry" she appologized. "I can't imagine how painfull it was for you oppa, I'm so sorry, all because of my mom. Sorry oppa" she said and I took her hand.

-"Don't, I'm the one being sorry. I was really harsh on you, I'm sorry I hurt you badly, I said things that I didn't even thought. I didn't mean any word I said to you about your past and our past. I'm sorry" I started to cry too, remembering the state she was in after we broke up.

She smiled to me and leaned toward me, she kissed me lovingly on the lips. "Let's pretend nothing of this happened, ok ! I love you and you love me and we're a couple" she said.

-"Jihyo.. I...." I stuttered. Could it be this simple?

-"Oppa, please..." She begged me. "Don't leave me again please...." Seeing her hurt face I stood up and took her in my arms.

-"I'm sorry.... I love you so much MongJi-ha" I said as I patted her head. "I love you so much but the only thing I did was hurting you..." Tears strated to wet my cheeks.

-"Oppa.... That's not true... Maybe we hurted each other a few times but we were here for each other and we helped each other 100 times more" She said as she tighlty crossed her arms around my waist. I pulled her back and hold her chin.

-"I love you" I said looking straight into her eyes before leaning in front to kiss her lips.

After eating we left the restaurant and walked hand in hand in the street.

-"Oppa"

-"Hum?"

-"Can I stay to your place tonight?"

-"What?" I chocked with my saliva.

-"I can't go home now, my mom's gonna kill me for being in Korea" she told me. I nodded to her. She was right. Her mother is still a problem we have to solve.

-"Kaja!" I took her case in one hand and her hand in my other hand and we went to my place.

---------

I let her enter first, she knew the place very well anyway. I made her sit on the sofa and went to take cans of coke in my fridge.

-"I'm sorry I don't have anything else" I told her but she shook her head.

-"Aniya, this is good enough" she smiled and took the can.

-"Have you eaten?" I asked out of nervousness while we already ate earlier. She bursted of laugher looking at me. I slightly blushed feeling embarassed.

-"I mean... Do you want anything?" I asked again the proper way.

-"Oppa, why are you so nervous? It's not like it's the first time I come to your place and I spend my night with you"

-"I... It's just, it's been so long since I've spend time with you. It makes me nervous" I faked a laugh and scratched the back of my head while sitting down next to her on the sofa.

She smiled and hold my hand.

-"Oppa..." she said as she looked at me in the eyes, her face full of sudden seriousness. It made me unconfortable and I gulped down my saliva, wondering what she was going to tell.

-"You still love me right?" she took every inch of guts she had and asked me. She was uncertained and confused.

-"Yes I do" I answered looking straight at her and saw the corner of her lips curved upward.

-"Then why choosing to listen to my mom when it was so hard and painfull for both of us?"

It hurted... I started to think of a way to explain her and I regreted again what I did in the past.

-"Jihyo-ya, I... I don't want you to stop swimming, I don't want you to neglect your knee and your health because of me. I know it was so hard for you to fight your fear and to subscribe in the swimming club again and I also saw how your coatch and your clubmates care for you. I just... I thought that it was the best thing I could do for you. I'm not rich, I'm not handsome, I have nothing to give you... I can't promise you a fabulous life with everything you deserve to have. I could only let you go and wish you to be happy forever" I sighed as I finish talking, I was looking down but I felt something cold and wet falling on my hand. I looked up and saw Jihyo was in tears. I dried her tears with my thumbs and tried to improve the mood. "Aigooo~~ Why are you such a cry baby? hu?"

She laughed and slapped me gently, then she sighed and looked at me.

-"Oppa... Why can't you understand that YOU are my happiness ! I don't care of everything else beside you. I don't care if I have nothing but you!"

I felt my heart tighten in my chest. What have I done to deserve such a beauty.

-"MongJi-ha, arrasso, I understand. I'm sorry for what I did... I shouldn't have broke up with you.... But, I still want you to go in Seattle. Please get treat properly"

-"Aniyo oppa, I don't want to go there....." she whined with a hint of sadness in her eyes.

-"Why it's just the time you heal your knee then come back to Korea!"

-"But I don't want to be apart from you again... For 4 years already, I've been seeing you every day and those few weeks far from you were the wrost time I had, I don't want that again even for a short period"

I sighed. She was such a stubborn kid. "Arrasso, then I'm comming with you in Seattle. When do you have your first appointment with the doctor there?"

-"It's.. It's in 6 days, I was supposed to go today, move in and discover the neighbourhood I would be living in during the week"

-"Ok, then we can arrange ourself and I come with you. They want to keep you for 3 months after the surgery right?" I asked her, she nodded but then looked at me surprised.

-"How do you know this much?" She asked and I looked down.

-"DongHoon always kept me update with you..." I answered low and it made her smile grow bigger.

-"Aigoo~~ you're the one breaking up but you can't cut off ties" she laughed rather pleased that I was still caring for her after our break up.

-"Will you really come with me?"

-"I swear I will, please go there" I begged her, she smiled and nodded.

-"Arasso oppa" she smiled. That smile I hadn't seen for a while heated my heart, I leaned forward and grabbed her chin, she smiled at me and I kissed her. As she responded my kiss I felt something different. She was kissing me a way she never did before, usually her kiss were softer and tender but this time it was more passionnate, more eager. Falling into her kiss, my hand started to roam her body and I leaned forward again, slowly pushing her back onto the sofa with me on her top...

 

This one is a little short but the last chapter will be longer. One last chapter and we're done. I'll let you with this for today and we'll be back asap for the LAST (oh my god, why don't I want to end that story?) chapter.....