Empty

So So

I mentally prepared myself for the difference of being back in Seoul to spending the last two years in Wellington, New Zealand. I had grown so used to things in New Zealand that I knew once I land I would miss baing there. Kim Jongdae was there to pick Sooyoung up from their airport and all I got was a man holding up a sign with my name on it. In New Zealand, I didn't have anyone to depend on except Sooyoung. I wouldn't have to worry about who or what I go home to. It was only Sooyoung. Whereas here, I'm going home to an older brother that's colder than snow and a workaholic father. Sooyoung and I parted ways and I told her that I'll met her at school on Monday. Today was Friday. I wanted Saturday and Sunday to get used to the different time zone and to sort out my room and school things. I don't usually talk to the drivers so I just had my headphones in listening to Dynamic Duo. 

Not much of a welcome home party. The house workers made me a welcome home cake that I kindly refused. They asked me how I was and I talked to them for a while and then they helped me take my stuff up to my room. Sooyoung and I ended up buying the apartment we stayed at together. We both had plans to go back every now and then in the future. So I left a lot of my stuff there. The things I need now, I can buy. Around 6pm I was downstairs with the house workers in the kitchen eating when I heard the front door open and close and someone walk into the kitchen. It was Chanyeol. 

"Oh, Sora. I thought you were coming tomorrow." He spoke to me formally. No signs on his face showed that he was happy to see me. If I was the same person 3 years ago I would have given him the biggest hug and the look on his face now whould have hurt me, but I'm not the same person, therefore I'm not hurt at all. 

"Obviously not." I replied and continued eating. 

"How ... how have you been?" He asked hesitantly. 

"I'm alive." I said without looking up. I finished my food and thanked the cook. I walked straight past him and went to my room. Around 9pm I left my room and took a look around the house. It was all the same. The same photoframes. The furniture all in the same place. The wallpaper in the lounge is the same 90s pattern. I walked down to the wine cellar to find Chanyeol there as well. 

"Oh, sorry." I bowed and was about to leave when he called my name. "Yeah?" I responded. The old me wanted him to smile at me brightly and tell me he was happy to see me, the current me couldn't care less.

"I ... uh ... nevermind. Get some sleep. You have a lot to do before school on Monday." He said and with that, I turned and left.

The next morning I was woken up at 7:35am by a knock on my door. I got up and opened it. 

"Sora. Appa's glad to see you." He smiled slightly and pulled me in for a hug. I froze but then leaned into his hug and wrapped my arms around him. He pulled away and kissed my forehead. "Come. Let's eat breakfast before I head to work." I nodded and grabbed a hoodie and put it on before walking down stairs. I sat down across from him at the dining table.

"How was New Zealand? Did you meet any of your mother's family?" He asked me. 

"It was good, and no, I didn't." I replied simply. 

"How are you anyway, Sora?" 

"Fine." I said. We sat in silence until we had finished eating. 

"Okay, Appa's gonna head to work now. Crawford & Co. want you to sit in one of their meetings next week. Schedule that in. Okay, I'm going. See you later, Sora." He smiled at me. I bowed and then he left. 

I got my stuff together and left the house to get my school uniform and other school supplies. I asked if I could drive myself instead of be driven. They hesitated but agreed. I did all my shopping and went to a local cafe to order a coffee. I sat down at a table and rested. 

"Park Sora??" Someone called my name. I turned to see Chanyeol's friend, Oh Sehun. "Chanyeol didn't say that you were back." 

"Doesn't surprise me." I replied. Sehun ordered a coffee and sat down across from me. 

"I see you guys still aren't close." Sehun said. 

"When would we have had the time to warm up to each other again? I've been gone for two years." I said bluntly. Sehun shivered as if he felt the cold radiating from my icy heart.

"Okay, I see where I'm not wanted." Sehun frowned. "Hopefully we can become closer friends at school. See you on Monday." He smiled a little and grabbed his coffee and left. I sighed, feeling a bit bad for my attitude but shrugged it off. My phone started buzzing and showed that Chanyeol was calling me. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Do you want to have dinner tonight?" He asked me. I was a little surprised. 

"Uh, okay. What time?" I asked. 

"Meet me at the resturaunt we always used to go to at 6." 

"Okay." I said and then hung up. It was 3pm so I did a little bit more shopping and then left.

I arrived home and quickly got dressed. I had to leave at 5pm because it's rush hour and we'd be stuck in traffic for a while which is why I decided to have the driver take me rather than drive myself. I got there at 6:05pm and Chanyeol was already staning outside waiting for me. I knew he hated tardiness so I apologized for being 5 minutes late. We entered and were seated. 

"I heard you visited Grandma while you were in New Zealand." He spoke sternly. 

"I tried to but she shut the door in my face." I replied. Chanyeol sighed. "What?" 

"Our uncle is trying to take over eomma's company." He told me. 

"What?!" I asked in disbelief. 

"Apparently Grandma said that you were mentally unstable and therefore unfit to run a multi-billion dollar international company. So eomma's brother came and is now trying to gather a lawsuit together to be able to take over Crawford & Co. until you're 25." Chanyeol said. 

"But eomma's Will clearly states--" 

"Eomma's Will doesn't mean they can prove that you are mentally unstable to run this company then you will loose." Chanyeol said harshly. "How could you be so reckless?" 

"Oppa, I only wanted--"

"What you want doesn't matter in this family. Appa should have never left you study there. You should have gone to America with me, you wanted to study there in the first place!"

"I didn't want to study with you!" I said. I stood up. "Here is not the place for us to be arguing about my future company. I'll sort it out, and if I can't sort it out, then I'm certainly not asking for your help." I began to walk away when Chanyeol stood up and grabbed my wrist. 

"There's one way." He said softly. "Get married." 

I scoffed. "Right. Cos getting married at 18 will deffinately prove my mental stability." 

"Not unless it's a childhood best friend turned lover." He whispered slowly. I barely caught on to what he said but when I did I slapped him. 

"Here is definately not the right place to have this conversation, Chanyeol." 

Back at the house, the conversation continued. 

"There's no way in hell that I'm going anywhere near him. Ever." I said sternly. 

"Don't be so immature. This is business." 

"I am being business-like. I'm going to fight our uncle and prove that I am well WITHOUT having to announce a false engagment." I almost yelled at him. The I could feel the house workers listening in on us. 

"It would be for a good image. Childhood best friends turned lovers get engaged, not to mention they're from rival companies." 

"He's YOUR rival, Chanyeol. Why don't you marry him??" I yelled. "You don't even like him!!! End of discussion, Chanyeol. I'm not getting engaged. I'm going to fight him withOUT false announcments." I said and walked off towards my room. 3 hours later I walked out of my room and hopped into my car after realizing that I hadn't eaten. 

 

-------------------------------

Hello again :) xx