Botox Boy

I Object

Luhan mentally bashes his head against the wall, while trying to keep his cool as he pushes open the glossy glass doors (save for a greasy spot at the bottom right… someone is slacking). He clutches his briefcase tightly and manages a taut smile at grinning females and friendly males. He does not like the attention.

And of course, the almighty highness Taeyong. Luhan works in a law firm, as a prosecutor, and alongside defense lawyer Taeyong. They’re not the only ones running the company, but they’re the talk of the place. Luhan throws criminals into jails, while Taeyong ‘saves’ lives.

It makes Luhan scoff unconsciously. Taeyong raises an eyebrow, but Luhan passes it off as a cough.

“Caught a cold?”

More like allergic to your hair gel, Luhan thinks. “Sort of,” Luhan feigns more cough. “What brings you here?”

Taeyong waves around a file with a shrug. “Can I have a word with you?”

“Right this way,” Luhan graciously welcomes him to his immaculately clean office. “Of course, I’d rather we.. uh… talk in private,” he eyes the pack of women ogling them. Taeyong is popular in the office, but Luhan would argue that he’s even more popular. Who can resist his playful baby face? Taeyong grins and waves them away, as if dismissing his troop of fangirls. Luhan is forced to recall the girly mangas he used to read (not that he ever dreamt of being the main guy but ahem).

“So what is it?” Luhan gets right to the point, closing the door so that they can get down to business and Taeyong’s botox-ed face may be evacuated out of Luhan’s territory immediately.

“A case, for tomorrow. I’m prepared, as usual, but I just thought I’d consult you anyway,” he pushes the file to Luhan on the table. “You know, just to see how a prosecutor would tackle the case against me. Should be piece of cake right? You’re their kind,” he smirks. Luhan seemingly ignores him and skims through the details, albeit wishing to throw the stapler within his reach to Taeyong’s pretty face.

“You’re going to bring up the witness’s past?” Luhan taps the paper.

“Of course! It’s our key to winning the case,” Taeyong’s eyes gleam proudly.

Luhan remains silent, before shoving the file back at Taeyong’s hands.

“Congratulations, you’d win the case,” he puts on another smile. Someone knocks on the door just then.

“Come in,” Luhan calls. A hazel coloured hair girl pops in, a faint blush on her cheeks.

“Sorry to intrude but the director wants to see Taeyong,” she jerks her thumb. Ah, here’s the heroine in Luhan’s version of his manga.

Not that he’s delusional or anything. But while he’s at it, Taeyong gets the role of the antagonist. No discussion. Period.

“Good morning, Hae Lee!” Taeyong greets her in a manner that makes Luhan’s insides boil. He must remind himself that she only exists in his dictionary in his manga. And the real life Hae Lee is, in fact, in a blooming relationship with his archenemy, the Botox boy, Taeyong. (Why is his face like that, seriously? It looks like it’s pulled from the corner of his forehead…)

“Luhan? Are you daydreaming again?” An obnoxious chuckle rings through his ears.

“What? Oh… Yes, you’re welcome, glad I can help,” Luhan nods and looks down on his papers, busying himself. Taeyong walks out with Hae Lee after thanking him again.

When he’s safely out of earshot, Luhan lets out a childish grumble and feels a strong urge to really bash his head on his sturdy table.

Why

Is

His

Life

So

Disastrous

Ugh

Ugh

U-

Luhan looks up to see a surprised Hae Lee, somehow standing his room without his knowledge.

“Uhm… migraine?” he offers an excuse weakly. She looks down and stifles her laugh.

“Director Hoon wants to see you later,” she passes the message. Luhan nods slowly, secretly hoping that a missile is launched into his office, on his exact spot and maybe kill him without further casualties.

“Okay. Thanks Hae Lee,” he smiles genuinely.

“You’re welcome, Luhan. And…,” she hesitates, before walking towards him. Luhan stands up to his generous full height, and pulls his suit down. Maybe this is it. Maybe this is his break. Maybe… his fairytale ending is coming true…

“Yes?” he puts on what he hopes to be a smoldering look.

Hae Lee stuffs her hand into her pocket and takes out a strip of… yellow tablets.

“Migraine tablets. They’re the best,” she offers him, nervously. Luhan is viciously begging for his own burial now, yelling his conscience to death.

“Oh, thank you. How thoughtful,” he stares at the tablets like they’re baby squirrels. Luhan can’t swallow tablets. He must’ve been born with an abnormally small trachea or something, but he has an amazing fear of getting things stuck in his throat.

“You carry these around?” he suddenly comes to. Hae Lee stares at him and looks lost for words.

“Sort of. Just in case, for people like you, you know!” She sniffs and walks away quickly.

“Thanks again!” he says, before the door shuts close, and Luhan nurses wild butterflies in his chest.

Luhan finally settles into his work, and reads infinite amount of statements. He signs more paper than the President of UNICEF, and looks forward to the end of the day.

“Idiot,” he shakes his head, taking a five minute break, as he stretches his fingers and cracks his knuckles. Taeyong’s opponent wouldn’t win the case tomorrow, that much Luhan is sure. Plus, he’d bet his best tie that Taeyong was just showing off as usual. But he knows of the loophole in Taeyong’s subtle approach to the case.

Only he would know, Luhan smiles contently, knowing he still holds the Ace card over his contender, although the latter holds the Queen.

The thought upsets him more than it should. 

 


 

A/N: So how is it so far? ;____;