[1/2]

Losing

It was all unexpected, it wasn't a surprise because Luhan heard his parents talk about it more than once in the depth of night when he was supposed to be asleep in his small room.

The first time he heard them arguing about it was the night he woke up from a nightmare with a desert dry throat , needy for water- he got up and walked to the door and right before he was going to walk out he heard whisperings that echoed in his home, familiar voices mentioning his name too many times and other three names he didn't know. He leaned himself to the door and placed his hands on it then allowed himself to listen to what's left of the conversation.

"But he's too young, he is only 19 years old."

"I know, but we also know he is not going to attend college at all! Besides he won't find a job too easy and by that time we'll be already dead because of hunger."

"He's our son, Kangsoo!"

"Why won't you understand? Once he's married we'll gain loads of money and a new house besides he's wanted by them that's why he should be given by us."

Silence.

"Do you think he'll be treated well?" The voices echoed again.

"Yes. I'm sure" Before there was silence once more.

"Why can't you see, Isn't enough that we are keeping them await now, isn't enough that we rejected the Park's already."

"I don't understand, we are a poor Chinese family with one boy only, why do they want to take him from us so bad."

"Because he is beautiful."

                                                                                                     ***

Beautiful. Luhan no longer wanted to be beautiful. He woke up everyday and wanted to scratch his face until he bleed, until he had blood in his eyes, until his lips were bruised and weird, until he looked like a freak. Until he was ugly. But he couldn't do it and he hated himself for being weak. At least he's not a disappointment. Just like what they want. Beautiful.

 

                                                                                                    ****

The waited day arrived faster than light. Too soon, it came. And Luhan's morning seemed like dark woods that held so many monsters and fears, so many inner screams and call outs for help.

The wedding was small and simple, in the garden of the house he was going to share with his beloved husband. Oh Sehun.

The first time they met, Luhan didn't see Sehun. He politely kept his head down so he only saw that he was wearing a black suit. Sehun was always wearing a suit, that's why their wedding will never be special.

                                                                                                       *****

Sehun was handsome, but he was always carrying a cold expression on his face. Like he was a robot. Like it was his job and he was the most hardworking employee in the company. Luhan saw him smile just once. It was their first night together in the white big cold house. Both of them had just walked in their room where they would have comfortable privacy. Luhan saw a big white double bed with purple roses covering it where they would make love. He saw a big couch with a TV set in front of it where they would watch romantic comedy movies ,where they would talk and kiss. He saw a big also white colored closet where they would stand and get dressed in the morning, he would fix Sehun's tie. Like the good husband.

Luhan turned with a blank face to meet Sehun that was standing so closely behind him with a soft smile on his face. Luhan didn't smile back.

"Thank you. This place is...very nice." Luhan said politely. He has to be a good husband. "I'm glad you liked it, you should get comfortable here." Sehun smiled widely at the very beautiful boy he's facing. Luhan nodded few times. "Actually if you don't like the house I'll change it. We can move out to any house of your choice."

Sehun added making Luhan almost put on a disgusted face. But he didn't, reminding himself that Sehun didn't choose to become rich and that if Luhan had any choice he would choose to be rich as well, actually, if he had one wish to make he would wish to have a choise, not a choise to decide what type of house he wants, but the choice of going to which college or the choise of getting married so early or not. And the choice of the person he would spend the rest of his life with.

Not like Luhan was in love with someone, he had no one, no one but his parents.

His parents that gave him away for money.

"Really?" He asked, moving his eyes to the floor.

"Oh yes." Sehun answered confidently. "You should get comfortable with me as well." He added and placed a hand on Luhan's shoulder.

Luhan's eyes dropped on the latter's hand. It was his shoulder, his own, his body. And he doesn't want him to touch it. Luhan owns his body, doesn't he? Can he tell him to not touch him?

Luhan takes a deep breath. No. Because he had to be a good husband.

"Af course." Luhan said. He looked up at Sehun, trying so hard to hide the uncomfortable expression on his beautiful face. "But may I ask you a question?"

"Sure!" Sehun slided his hand on Luhan's body, his side, his hand landed on the smaller's waist. Luhan's heart jumped to his chest.

"What if..." Luhan paused. He gathered what's left of courage in his heart. "What if i don't get comfortable with you?"

Sehun's eyes widened a little, he raised his eyebrows and brought them together. "Well..." He paused and got his hand off Luhan. "I will, umm" A frustrated expression started showing on his face as he thought of what he could say, he avoided Luhan's gaze before he let out a small chuckle.

"I like you." Sehun simply said turning around. "Change your clothes and go to bed. I'll wait till you sleep". Then he walked out.

                             ******

Sleeping with someone else in that big comfortable new bed was so different and unfamiliar to Luhan. He was supposed to be asleep now, he didn't want to pretend that he is, he wanted to show Sehun that he can't fall asleep in this bed, can't fall asleep next to him. Not meaning revolt just asking why is he here. But when his husband walked in, his eyelids closed by themselves and fell heavily covering his eyes.

Sehun was not noisy at all, it was hard for Luhan to guess what he was doing when suddenly he felt the latter's weight slowly take space on the mattress. Sehun did not approach him in anyway. He laid down and it seemed to take forever till Sehun was going to fall asleep, Luhan almost lost his mind trying to sleep himself and just when the sun began to raise and he was finally reaching his dream land, he heard Sehun's voice in his ear.

"I really like you."

Luhan then fell asleep.

                                                                                                             ******

 

It's been almost a month since Luhan was given to the 'Oh' family, his parents visited him only twice. Luhan's father hugged him and whispered to him:

"I'm proud of you."

Luhan did not hug back, he wanted to find the best of it all but only found his own world was falling on him. No one said why and Luhan didn't dare to ask because he thought what he said his first night was quite enough. Luhan really hated how weak he was and could only hope he'll find some more courage in his heart, because the words were already there. Painted to the walls of his mind.

That month Sehun tried all his best to get Luhan comfortable, Luhan smiled, Luhan laughed once, but never cried, never got angry. Sehun realized that he will be the reason for his tears and it was hurting him, but he wanted Luhan to get comfortable, feel like he belongs.

The next month Sehun bought Luhan a phone he didn't know how to use, he smiled more, he brought him breakfast to bed every morning. It wasn't really him because it was made by servants that had a part-time job in the big white house. Part-time because Luhan mentioned he doesn't like to have a servant. It was truly annoying and heart breaking. It was supposed to be under his breath but Sehun listens too closely and carefully to Luhan's words.                          

                           *******

 

On a Monday, Luhan found Sehun home from his work early, he rested and toke a shower then had lunch fastly trying to race the night. He wanted to take Luhan out for fresh air in the park next to their house, anyway he failed . He told Luhan and after seconds Luhan found himself in a big flowers-filled beautiful park. He smiled at the warm night and breathed the cool air, his eyes scanned the place many times before he felt Sehun's hand his , just like a breeze, he gave it no attention considering it was an acciednt, not knowing that Sehun wanted to hold his hand badly it could hurt his stomach.

"Let's take a seat." Sehun said, trying to get the attention of the star-gazing boy.

"what?" Luhan turned to the handsome boy he forgot he was walking next to

"Let's take a seat, I said" Sehun repeated wearing a soft smile. Luhan nodded. Both of them headed to the nearset pench they found. When they sat it was silent, just like a few seconds ago and it left Sehun annoyed and wanting to speak of anything while Luhan was increadably qiute. Sehun looked around but his eyes - as usual- dropped on Luhan.

He was unbelieveablly baeutiful and Sehun wanted to stare forever at each detail of him, he -at the moment- didn't care if Luhan noticed or not, he tried to get his eyes on anything eles but couldn't. It felt like time froze in Sehun's world.

"Sehun." Luhan called with a calm voice. Snapping the latter out of his condetion, Sehun looked away.

"What?" Sehun replied, letting out a breath.

"Why?" Luhan simply asked, he turned his face to look at his husband the looked back with eyes that grew widder with confussion.

"W-why what?" Sehun questioned, holding his own hand.

"Why am I here, why am I married to you, Why me?" Luhan's eyes sparkled more with tears growing on it's edge. He wondered and wondered and finally spoke, he did not gather any courage because he did not think it needs any. He had the right to ask.

"I-i.." Sehun trembled, swallowing his throat he calmed himself. "I'm sorry, I never told you Luhan. But I'm just afraid."

"Tell me Sehun. Tell me now"Luhan's voice got louder just a bit. Sehun looked down "Afraid of what? Of getting rejected? You won't, you know you won't. It wouldn't matter anyway, I'm already stuck here."

Stuck.

"Luhan I," Sehun paused, heart beating faster."I like you."

Silence.

"Like me? So you married me like this."

"Look, the way i grew up is different than the way way you did. My parents wouldn't allow me to be with you unless if we got married." Sehun looked back at him. "It's the way my society works, they call it charity and I'm sorry but that was the only way they wanted anyone for their sons. Young, poor, and beautiful." Luhan heavy breathed. Beautiful. His heart ached.

"They know that people like us won't do."

"Do what?"

"Won't take care, they'll only use."

"And how do you know i won't use you."

"It's not like that Luhan, I wanted to wait for you. I wanted you, I've always wanted you."

Luhan's wide eyes moved back to his husband. Sehun sighed at his confession, blinking a lot nervously.

"We should get back." Sehun got up.

Luhan nodded following his husband out of the park.

                                                                                                         ********