Luhan

Exo One Shot Collection

“—Are we seriously doing this?” he snapped, tone aggressive as patience ran thin.


You didn’t know what went on anymore— the fights had just occurred more and more often, relationship quickly declining. Maybe you weren’t fit for each other. You fought with LuHan occasionally— like any normal couple, really. There were rough times, but you got through it, and just like that, things were normal again. But now?


You had reached a point where you simply couldn’t handle each other.


Defeated, you could feel your eyes sting, a harsh exhale leaving you. These fights were taking its toll on you.
 

“What happened to us?”
 

His expression softened the slightest bit as he noticed your eyes water, lips pursing into a thin line. 
 

Silence.
 

It seemed that neither of you truly knew what made the relationship crumble. It was over— so why were you still trying to save it?
 

“I don’t know,” he murmured, running a hand through his hair in frustration. “I don’t know what happened, and I don’t know what can fix it.”
 

Though the words were undeniable, your body became tense. It was easy to realize that there was nothing to be done, but it wasn’t easy to accept it. Unable to find words to say, you felt him occupy the vacant seat beside you.

 

"I’m sorry.”

 

That was all that came out. It didn’t matter what you said at this point.

 

“Me too.”

 

No one spoke a word after that, only sitting in silence. This was the only peaceful moment you had with him, and likely the last. You both knew that it was time to let go— so just for the moment, just for the single moment, you would allow yourself to seek comfort from him.
 

And you sat there for hours.
 

It hardly felt like it, but you eventually broke out of your trance at the sound of his voice.
 

“I should go.”
 

Posture straightening, you stood up with him, letting out a shaky sigh. 
 

This was it, wasn’t it?
 

Nothing said in response, light footsteps approached the door, halting in gait once you faced each other again.
 

“You’re not coming back?”
 

The questioning tone lingering within. His expression seemed conflicted, thoughts clashing as he debated his next action.
 

“Should I?”
 

His voice was soft, barely heard.
 

You didn’t want him to ask such a thing. You were too torn— you wanted him to leave, but at the same time, you didn’t.
 

But this was all for the best, right?
 

You looked down, nodding numbly.
 

The decision made came with struggle; regret even, but it was for him, for yourself. You both needed to move on— perhaps find someone better. 
 

Gaze lingering on yours, he swallowed hard, lips forcing a wan smile before he opened the door.
 

“Thank you,” LuHan said, “—for everything.” He continued. 
 

Then he left, closing the door silently behind him.
 

You would most likely never see him again. You would learn to move on.
 

Nevertheless, the tears spilled quickly, muffled sobs managing to escape, despite your efforts.
 

You would forget each other eventually.